Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Lance Armstrong may lose all his medals for doping

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    From what I understand he was tested 500 times and never failed a drug test. They then went back to look at samples that were years old and could have been messed with. There is a talk that a French Doctor fudged with the test results.

Floyd Landis (whom my BF used to race against before he turned pro and is a complete little bitch) told on Lance after he got busted and had to give up his own Tour win. Actually I think a few have more cyclists have come out to speak against him now.

I don't particularly care about Lance.. but I agree was a witch hunt on the part of the USADA. LA pissed off a lot of people during his heyday. But how can you strip someone of their titles and ban them based on hearsay? He was never found guilty. Kind of crazy that this can happen.
    Interesting. Yeah, I don't get how he never failed a drug test, something like once a week for X amount of years. It seems crazy. Plus, it does seem wrong to just take others word for something against someone if there is no actual proof he did anything.

Mind you, I don't follow cycling and have no idea what has happened with this in the past.

I read an article, I believe it was here, about exactly how he did pass every test while still doping. It had something to do with outsmarting the tests with new drugs the test couldn't detect?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Elite Member

Well good luck to them finding someone to give the wins to who wasn't doping.

I really do find it hard to give a fuck about this. They were all doping, and it absolutely defies logic to think that someone can go from deathbed to top of the sport without the same enhancements as the other participants. But really, we're spending taxpayer dollars to fund this agency? Come on. That is just silly and a total waste of resources.
    laynes likes this.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Armstrong Era Tour de France winners/dopers chart... Guess it needs to be updated?? - Imgur

Everyone's a doper. It's going to be the 10th place guy that gets the Yellow Jersey. Jeezus.
    Kat Scorp likes this.

A*O

A lot of high profile Aussie pro cyclists ride/train past my front door every weekend - plus even more delusional fat blokes in Lycra - and you can just tell they are wired on something. If nothing else they take roids and/or speed as they are extremely aggressive and reckless and behave like cunty bitches, and not in a good way. There's an ongoing battle between them and car drivers who have to share the same road.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    A lot of high profile Aussie pro cyclists ride/train past my front door every weekend - plus even more delusional fat blokes in Lycra - and you can just tell they are wired on something. If nothing else they take roids and/or speed as they are extremely aggressive and reckless and behave like cunty bitches, and not in a good way. There's an ongoing battle between them and car drivers who have to share the same road.
    George Hincapie lives here in my town, and has been rumoured to be one of the witnesses against Armstrong. I don't know of any official doping that's been linked to Hincapie, but a buddy of mine was on a ride on a local mountain road and had him pass him, ride back down the hill, and turn around and beat him up to the top. These people are at a whole different level of fitness, doping or not,.

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    I think of this video whenever I hear about Lance:

[YOUTUBE]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="Dad, Daaad, Daaaaad... - Ironman Lance Armstrong ignores Daughter on the finish line - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]
    I imagined the link was going to the Dick in a Box for some reason.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

From what I understand he was tested 500 times and never failed a drug test. They then went back to look at samples that were years old and could have been messed with. There is a talk that a French Doctor fudged with the test results.

Floyd Landis (whom my BF used to race against before he turned pro and is a complete little bitch) told on Lance after he got busted and had to give up his own Tour win. Actually I think a few have more cyclists have come out to speak against him now.

I don't particularly care about Lance.. but I agree was a witch hunt on the part of the USADA. LA pissed off a lot of people during his heyday. But how can you strip someone of their titles and ban them based on hearsay? He was never found guilty. Kind of crazy that this can happen.
    Yeah, I couldn't care less about Lance Armstrong nor do I follow cycling, but this case bugs me for the reasons listed above.

They have been after him for what, 3 years? And they couldn't prove their case. Doping or not, if you can't prove it, he shouldn't lose his titles. How long can an investigation go on anyway? There ought to be a limit for ffs.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Yeah, I couldn't care less about Lance Armstrong nor do I follow cycling, but this case bugs me for the reasons listed above.

They have been after him for what, 3 years? And they couldn't prove their case. Doping or not, if you can't prove it, he shouldn't lose his titles. How long can an investigation go on anyway? There ought to be a limit for ffs.
    Exactly. I think it can be safely assumed that he doped (and so did everyone else), but if you can't catch him at it, oh well. There is no reason this agency should be spending public funds on something that happened so long ago. It's a fucking game. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I imagined the link was going to the Dick in a Box for some reason.

(I could not figure out how to post the actual video.)

Elite Member

Nope. This ruling was the result of many years of careful blood work comparisons of Lance and other cyclists who have admitted to doping and provided dates.

Most of the evidence for Lance's doping were based on his B Samples which were provided over the years and held for future testing.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I read an article, I believe it was here, about exactly how he did pass every test while still doping. It had something to do with outsmarting the tests with new drugs the test couldn't detect?
    Sort of. EPO testing is cumulative. It compares lots of blood samples, often the spontaneous tests during the off season, to prove EPO usage.

I've been reading that the US Postal Team also had their EPO blood laced with undetectable drugs before putting it back in their systems at race time. This is a particular bit of evidence that Floyd Landis provided and has now become testable.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    George Hincapie lives here in my town, and has been rumoured to be one of the witnesses against Armstrong. I don't know of any official doping that's been linked to Hincapie, but a buddy of mine was on a ride on a local mountain road and had him pass him, ride back down the hill, and turn around and beat him up to the top. These people are at a whole different level of fitness, doping or not,.
    Hincapie is considered a reluctant witness. As far as I'm reading, he is a clean cyclist who has tried for years to stay away from the corrupt aspects of the sport.

There CAN'T be limit when trying to prove habitual use. For over a decade, Armstrong's PR team has thrown out the cancer treatment excuse for anomalies in his blood work - even before questionable results were made public. They ruled the USA media with an iron fist, used every insult they could, muddied the issues, hid Lance during random off-season testing, to make their boy a "true" American Hero.

Ask this - for a man so hated the European administration and cycling system, why attend their races? For a guy who lived for 7 trophies, why give them up rather than give testimony before a sporting association? Why surrender to a ruling that will strip him of millions of dollars in winnings?

Is that how a champion, a hero, a fighter, an innocent acts?
    Novice likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

A*O

The news report I saw last night said that the evidence against Unibollock is more about possession and supply of banned substances so basically he's a dealer. I'm sure he's a user too.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Nope. This ruling was the result of many years of careful blood work comparisons of Lance and other cyclists who have admitted to doping and provided dates.

Most of the evidence for Lance's doping were based on his B Samples which were provided over the years and held for future testing.

Sort of. EPO testing is cumulative. It compares lots of blood samples, often the spontaneous tests during the off season, to prove EPO usage.

I've been reading that the US Postal Team also had their EPO blood laced with undetectable drugs before putting it back in their systems at race time. This is a particular bit of evidence that Floyd Landis provided and has now become testable.

Hincapie is considered a reluctant witness. As far as I'm reading, he is a clean cyclist who has tried for years to stay away from the corrupt aspects of the sport.

There CAN'T be limit when trying to prove habitual use. For over a decade, Armstrong's PR team has thrown out the cancer treatment excuse for anomalies in his blood work - even before questionable results were made public. They ruled the USA media with an iron fist, used every insult they could, muddied the issues, hid Lance during random off-season testing, to make their boy a "true" American Hero.

Ask this - for a man so hated the European administration and cycling system, why attend their races? For a guy who lived for 7 trophies, why give them up rather than give testimony before a sporting association? Why surrender to a ruling that will strip him of millions of dollars in winnings?

Is that how a champion, a hero, a fighter, an innocent acts?
    I don't know enough or anything really about the testing. I do know you can dope at certain times and pass a test and I know that new drugs won't show up on the tests. So, yeah, people can get around it and it's likely he did.

But I don't understand how "anamolies in his bloodwork" equal guilt. Or B samples that can be tested later. So? They either have a blood sample from him that shows doping or they don't. Anything else is murky and not worthy of "conviction" imo.

Elite Member

I don't know enough or anything really about the testing. I do know you can dope at certain times and pass a test and I know that new drugs won't show up on the tests. So, yeah, people can get around it and it's likely he did.

But I don't understand how "anamolies in his bloodwork" equal guilt. Or B samples that can be tested later. So? They either have a blood sample from him that shows doping or they don't. Anything else is murky and not worthy of "conviction" imo.
    Supposedly, they have hard cold evidence of Lance habitually using EPOs which are based on comparing his blood samples over the years.

We will get all the evidence in the next case with Lance's doctor. The reason we don't have it now is because Lance refused to show up for arbitration with the USADA. So he lost his trophies (and probably millions in past earnings he has to pay back.)
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Ok, that makes sense. I don't follow this stuff so in my skimming headlines it seemed as though there were lots of rumors and innuendo but nothing solid.

It will be interesting to hear the evidence.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information