Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Lance Armstrong may lose all his medals for doping

Ha! Suck it, uni-ball.
    Icepik and sprynkles like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

I can only assume the evidence is so overwhelming he doesn't have a shred of a defence. What a fine role model!
    MmeVertigina and olivia like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I can only assume the evidence is so overwhelming he doesn't have a shred of a defence. What a fine role model!
    He is giving up so much, it does seem like this ^ is the case.

Elite Member

Floyd Landis probably gave huge amounts of evidence to the USADA to sink Armstrong - things like doping schedules for clean tests and trainers who carried the drugs.

I detest Armstrong. He thought the rules don't apply to him and depended on US xenophobia to defend him from suspicion by the French authorities. It worked, too, seeing as how often I argued with Lance-Tards who wanted to believe in him like baby Jesus.

Watch Lance come out with an whiney statement about how he never doped but the corrupt officials (even in the USA this time) are out to git 'im. Never mind that he has to return every penny won in races and bookings, THAT he will sweep under the rug and never talk about.

Hope he made enough off those ugly yellow "charity" bracelets to feed the tribe of children produced through his pre-chemo sperm bank account.

I hate this guy so much. He never met anyone he couldn't take advantage of.
    rockchick likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Floyd Landis probably gave huge amounts of evidence to the USADA to sink Armstrong - things like doping schedules for clean tests and trainers who carried the drugs.

I detest Armstrong. He thought the rules don't apply to him and depended on US xenophobia to defend him from suspicion by the French authorities. It worked, too, seeing as how often I argued with Lance-Tards who wanted to believe in him like baby Jesus.

Watch Lance come out with an whiney statement about how he never doped but the corrupt officials (even in the USA this time) are out to git 'im. Never mind that he has to return every penny won in races and bookings, THAT he will sweep under the rug and never talk about.

Hope he made enough off those ugly yellow "charity" bracelets to feed the tribe of children produced through his pre-chemo sperm bank account.

I hate this guy so much. He never met anyone he couldn't take advantage of.
    To me, bicycling is a sport where virtually everybody is doping. It seems like Armstrong's main offense was that he got greedy and didn't stop at 3 or 4 wins. When you win SEVEN, you are just beggin for people to come after you.

Sophisticated doping regimens that stay one step ahead of the labs seems like such an intractable problem, I don't know if it will ever be eradicated.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Ha! Suck it, uni-ball.
    Hey! That is a VERY reliable pen!
    sputnik and Seapharris7 like this.

And it's official . . .

Lance Armstrong Stripped of All 7 Tour De France Titles, Banned from Cycling for Life

Celebrity News
    August 24, 2012 AT 8:30AM
    By Justin Ravitz

Lance Armstrong waits at the starting line during his Team Livestrong Challenge bike ride on October 15, 2011 in Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Credit: Gary Miller/FilmMagic

Lance Armstrong will no longer be the most-decorated cyclist in history.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency announced early Friday that it will strip the athlete, 40, of his historic seven Tour de France titles, and will impose a lifetime ban from the sport. The decision came shortly after Armstrong himself revealed Thursday that he is giving up his battle against the USADA, which has charged him with illegal doping.

"There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, 'Enough is enough.' For me, that time is now," Armstrong wrote in a statement on his website. "I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a two-year federal criminal investigation followed by [an] unconstitutional witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. "

The sports icon retired twice from cycling, first in 2005, and then again in 2011. Although he has never been convicted of any doping charges, the USADA alleges that he took steroids during his legendary career, and claims that former teammates have testified confidentially to that effect.

Says USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart: "This is a heartbreaking example of how the win-at-all costs culture of sport, if left unchecked, will overtake fair, safe and honest competition, but for clean athletes, it is a reassuring reminder that there is hope for future generations to compete on a level playing field without the use of performance-enhancing drugs."

Had Armstrong been guilty in the investigation, he would have faced a lifetime ban from all sports.

"Today I turn the page. I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances," Armstrong said. "I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in underserved communities."

Armstrong was diagnosed with stage three testicular cancer in 1996 at age 25, and overcame the potentially fatal diagnosis via surgery and groundbreaking chemotherapy treatments. He is a father of five kids: three with his ex-wife Kristin, and two with girlfriend Anna Hansen.
    Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...#ixzz24T5di4Cv
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I"m finding my Giveafuck broken about any of this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Find me a cyclist that doesn't dope and wins, that would be a fucking news story.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'm gonna file this in my who-gives-a fuck file. If everyone is doing it and he was just stupid and greedy enough to get caught, who cares? Honestly, if they all dope and the best doped man wins, it's kind of even.

I too am over all the doping scandals in pro sports. High performance athletes have always doped and will always dope and we all know it. It goes with the program when you're at a high enough level. Cycling, baseball, football, basketball, soccer, etc. it's all going on and we all know it. It's an even playing field at this point, it's not like a few super athletes are crushing the poor others by doping.

Sports is in a period where everything has to be "extreme" and bigger, faster, better than it was and athletes are only going to accomplish those increasing standards by more extreme measures.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Does anyone know how USADA has the power to do this? How they have the power to strip someone from titles won in another country? UCI and WADA I can understand, but this is puzzling me.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    Does anyone know how USADA has the power to do this? How they have the power to strip someone from titles won in another country? UCI and WADA I can understand, but this is puzzling me.
    WADA gives them the power. They have a binding agreement, internationally, to respect each other's rulings.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I'm gonna file this in my who-gives-a fuck file. If everyone is doing it and he was just stupid and greedy enough to get caught, who cares? Honestly, if they all dope and the best doped man wins, it's kind of even.
    From what I understand he was tested 500 times and never failed a drug test. They then went back to look at samples that were years old and could have been messed with. There is a talk that a French Doctor fudged with the test results.

Floyd Landis (whom my BF used to race against before he turned pro and is a complete little bitch) told on Lance after he got busted and had to give up his own Tour win. Actually I think a few have more cyclists have come out to speak against him now.

I don't particularly care about Lance.. but I agree was a witch hunt on the part of the USADA. LA pissed off a lot of people during his heyday. But how can you strip someone of their titles and ban them based on hearsay? He was never found guilty. Kind of crazy that this can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    WADA gives them the power. They have a binding agreement, internationally, to respect each other's rulings.
    Gotcha. Thanks

I think of this video whenever I hear about Lance:

[YOUTUBE]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="Dad, Daaad, Daaaaad... - Ironman Lance Armstrong ignores Daughter on the finish line - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information