Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's about time Tiger Woods showed some manners

A*O

Tiger is just as much a product of pushy parents as some of the spoilt Hollywood brats we see all the time. There's no doubt he has talent but he's been playing since he could walk so I wouldn't say he's a particularly well rounded person. Not only is he a bad loser - which isn't something to be proud of IMO - he's also an ungracious (and ungrateful) winner too. He earns a fortune from his various endorsement deals and I'm sure his sponsors market him as some kind of role model and if this is what he, and they, regard this childish petulance as acceptable behaviour then golf is going down the same road as all the other sports that are infested with arrogant, over-paid pricks. I've already mentioned Tom Watson, but so see him lose the British Open with such good grace when his heart must have been breaking was much more inspiring than Tiger's Tantrums.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Tiger is just as much a product of pushy parents as some of the spoilt Hollywood brats we see all the time. There's no doubt he has talent but he's been playing since he could walk so I wouldn't say he's a particularly well rounded person. Not only is he a bad loser - which isn't something to be proud of IMO - he's also an ungracious (and ungrateful) winner too. He earns a fortune from his various endorsement deals and I'm sure his sponsors market him as some kind of role model and if this is what he, and they, regard this childish petulance as acceptable behaviour then golf is going down the same road as all the other sports that are infested with arrogant, over-paid pricks. I've already mentioned Tom Watson, but so see him lose the British Open with such good grace when his heart must have been breaking was much more inspiring than Tiger's Tantrums.
    Great post.

Never understood his appeal either. Always came across as a rather petulant diva type. Don't care about golf either.

I admire what Tiger's done professionally, but I can't stand him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    The dude is a WINNER flat out! He shouldn't throw tantrums in front of people BUT if you are o.k. with losing then you're not a competitor. Personally I hate to lose more than I like to win!...and remember..."If you aint first, you're LAST"! lol
    I love Talladega Nights.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Never understood his appeal either. Always came across as a rather petulant diva type. Don't care about golf either.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I admire what Tiger's done professionally, but I can't stand him.
    The GQ article I mentioned earlier quoted him making jokes about lesbians and black men's penises....I thought, "what an asshat". Even before the word was invented. But he kept quiet during the Fuzzy Zoeller scandal, and surprisingly, so did the press.

Silver Member

did he win the PGA? or isn't it finished yet?

thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information