Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IOC investigating gymnast's age

They aren't kids, they're robots for national pride. That's it. Once they can't compete anymore, they'll be out on the street or dead.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    I bet nothing will come of it because China will just deny, deny, deny everything and destroy all evidence of the gymnasts' real ages. And the IOC will fall in line like the submissive little bitch that it is. I think this "investigation" is all for show.
    Exactly. This is nothing but a PR ploy. China paid too much for these games to have the IOC strip medals from them. The IOC is all about selling itself to the highest bidder, underage athletes and tearing down homes be damned. The only way that happens is if the public outcry becomes too loud. And by then, it will all be swept under the rug, anyway.

IOC already announced today that they don't have enough info...so once again communism wins!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

We've all got it wrong.
    You must cheat to win.
    Next Olympics, I demand USA fake the ages of their gymnasts.
    And everyone else.
    Fuck the rules, lets just cheat.

Doesn't matter anyway, China's reputation is completely in shreds after everything that happened this Plympics, from the opening ceremony to the gymnastics - they're shot in the eyes of the world

A*O

The very worst thing you can do to someone in Chinese culture is make them "lose face". It's a source of huge shame and embarrassment. The Chinese Govt was hoping the Olympics would be a massive positive PR coup for them and their regime and, surprise, it's backfired badly because all this crapola merely highlights everything that's wrong with Communism. Serves them right.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Those medals will always be tainted now even if they don't lose them.... they cheated and everyone knows it. I feel sorry for the kids involved in this mess, it's not their fault the parents and coaches did this. But then again I feel worse for Alicia Sacramone and Nastia Liukin, who deserved those medals.
    Last edited by nycgirl; August 23rd, 2008 at 02:49 PM.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    They aren't kids, they're robots for national pride. That's it. Once they can't compete anymore, they'll be out on the street or dead.
    That's not true...they'll probably be given a job and a free house.

My uncle worked in the military and he lives in a mansion now, and gets a new car every year...also all of his food is free. His kids can go to any university for free (they're in the US now).

The IOC President turned this case over to the FIG, and that they are investigating this now. They also said that it could be five out of the six gymnast.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

A*O

It's going to be very difficult to prove these girls are underage because I bet the Chinest Govt has already printed off nice new birth certificates, hospital records, school records, you name it to "prove" they are 16. The only people who really know are the girls and their families who will have been bribed/threatened into silence or face some dire consequences. That's Communism baby!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It's going to be very difficult to prove these girls are underage because I bet the Chinest Govt has already printed off nice new birth certificates, hospital records, school records, you name it to "prove" they are 16. The only people who really know are the girls and their families who will have been bribed/threatened into silence or face some dire consequences. That's Communism baby!
    China is more authoritarian than communist at this point.

If this kind of cheating can go on without consequence, there's no point to having rules. If "proof" of an athlete's age is by his or her government's documents, then there's no way to enforce such a rule. As is, you play fair on your honor, and frankly, I don't think China has.

The only way to level the playing field is to wipe the age restriction and allow each country to send their best athletes, regardless of how young they may be.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus!

thing is............. this is not the first time these girls have competed.
    They have to compete in order to qualify just like our girls did. Soooo why don't they just go back and see what age they competed at they last time they competed or what age they competed at last year.

because......

those that know them say at least two of them competed as 13 year olds.

Hit By Ban Bus!

BEIJING (AP) - China's deputy sports minister has attributed the confusion about the age of one of its gold medalist gymnasts to a paperwork mistake during a team transfer.

At last year's China's Cities Games, Chinese officials decided to move He Kexin, who won two gold medals during the Beijing Games, from a local team to the national team. China's deputy sports minister Cui Dalin said Sunday that it was during this transfer that a "misunderstanding appeared" about her age.

"Last year at the all-city competition, He Kexin moved from one team to another and during the process of registering during the move, there appeared this age discrepancy," Cui said during a news conference.

"So it was the appearance of a mistake in the process of transferring teams that the misunderstanding appeared. However, I can right here accurately say that the ages of the members of our gymnastics delegation entirely conform to the requirements for participation in the Beijing Olympic Games."

It was at last year's China's Cities Games that the Chinese government's news agency, Xinhua, identified He as one of "10 big new stars" who made a splash at the event and gave her age as 13 in a Nov. 3, 2007 report.

ah yes and we just remembered that little bit of information. Which means she competed with girls younger than herself last year in order to beat them.. or the Chinese cheated this year? Pick your cheat

If the age reported by Xinhua was correct, that would have meant He was too young to be on the Chinese team that beat the United States to clinch China's first women's team Olympic gold in gymnastics.

Cui's explanation comes as officials from the International Gymnastics Federation pored over documents in hopes of putting to rest, once and for all, persistent questions about the ages of all but one member of the six-person team.

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    Well Shawn Johnson doesn't have any of that going on either
    She looks young being that she's 16 and very petite, but she doesn't look necessarily like a child.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information