Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Huge sexual abuse scandal (against little boys) coming out of Penn State

^^ I will wait to see if there is any confirmation that this really is the victim's sister.

Bella this is one where we will need to agree to disagree. I do not believe that the victims will see people supporting the team and think it is against them. Supporting Paterno is a slap in the face for them but we can't control what the press shows. It is sad that they did not cover the vigil for the victims last night. I have seen the pics on my nieces facebook.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

A fine point maybe, but there were never charges brought after the '98 incident. Sandassky was allowed to "retire" after he was investigated, rather than be promoted to head coach or remain in line for the position. Doesn't change the fact there had to be knowledge in the program of this going on that far back.

Joe Pa is rightly fucked here, but I don't know that it makes sense to pick apart his statements since he's 84 years old. Specifically, "it's a tough life when people do certain things to you" -- I don't see anything wrong with this. And "victims, or whatever they call themselves" sounds very insensitive, but perhaps he's actually trying to be sensitive, meaning he's not sure they'd like to be called victims, perhaps "survivors" or something more empowering. I doubt he's up on proper p.c. terms since he's older than god, and his remarks seemed awfully unprepared. But, he was rightly shit-canned, there are no two ways about it.

And, anyone hear that this may get even WORSE? I heard on the radio that there are reports these kids may have been prostituted out to PSU donors, for christ's sakes!!! Hopefully, that is just some rogue tabloid information.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post

And, anyone hear that this may get even WORSE? I heard on the radio that there are reports these kids may have been prostituted out to PSU donors, for christ's sakes!!! Hopefully, that is just some rogue tabloid information.
    I'd be very surprised if that was true. From the things I've read about Sandusky, he was possessive and needy (described as 'clingy') with his victims, and I don't think he would have shared with others. It's sick how he managed to make this little protective bubble for himself where he could do what he wanted to those kids.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    I'd be very surprised if that was true. From the things I've read about Sandusky, he was possessive and needy (described as 'clingy') with his victims, and I don't think he would have shared with others. It's sick how he managed to make this little protective bubble for himself where he could do what he wanted to those kids.
    Yeah, something was posted earlier how Sandusky made 118 calls over a few days to a boy who "rejected" him. That sounds like an obsessed love sick teenager (oh ICK!) not a member of a pedo ring. Sandusky thought he had real relationships going on (again, PUKE!) not an underground society.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    ^^ I will wait to see if there is any confirmation that this really is the victim's sister.

Bella this is one where we will need to agree to disagree. I do not believe that the victims will see people supporting the team and think it is against them. Supporting Paterno is a slap in the face for them but we can't control what the press shows. It is sad that they did not cover the vigil for the victims last night. I have seen the pics on my nieces facebook.
    I guess we will. If your child had been the one abused, what would you think of the public support of Paterno? Would you ever step foot in that staduim again?

Yeah, other accounts (particularly one from a high school principal who refused to allow Sandusky on campus) state that he went into a depression when a kid refused him and that he sulked around. Weird. Not sure I buy the sex slave thing but there are grumblings out there about the QB I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I disagree. If those boys are at home watching the press, what are they going to see? They're going to see a bunch of students huddled at his house cheering for him. They're going to see fans who are angry that he was fired. They're going to hear that this situation is the downfall of PSU as we've known it. They've already been victimized. Now they get a bunch of misguided Paterno fans who stand behind him instead of them.
    This is exactly the point one of the people on ESPN made(might have been Heibstreet), about why Paterno had to go. What if Penn State won the Big 10 conference, what if they would have gone to the Rose Bowl and won? Paterno would have been carried around like the biggest hero ever, his name would have been chanted in the stadiums. That's what those boys would have seen. How can you justify this knowing what we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I'm a huge Iowa fan. Huge. If this ever happened here, the LAST thing I'd be doing is backing our coach or giving him the benefit of the doubt. Like I said, PSU will only come out of this ok if they fire all of them, take any legal lumps and tell the world any fall out is worth it if it prevents it from happening again.
    Same. If this happened here, I would be calling for all the heads of everyone involved. No matter who they are. Everyone involved in this has to go at Penn State. They need to clean house. From how I understand it all Penn State really did is tell Sandusky to take his charity off campus, knowing what was going on with those boys.

I don't even think I can watch Penn State play for a while. And Paterno gets a lot of support from what I can tell from the responses of my FB wall, my husband and his brother, all of them people who fail to see that this is not about football but something much, much bigger. Me and the husband had some pretty heated arguments about it.

Hell, most of the Ohio State fans I know, acknowledged that Tressel had to go. It was a no brainer for most.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Pittsburgh radio personality Mark Madden -- who wrote a column in the Beaver County Times seven months ago detailing the child abuse allegations against Jerry Sandusky and Penn State's lack of response -- joined the Dennis and Callahan show on Thursday and added another disturbing potential layer to this scandel.

"I can give you a rumor and I can give you something I think might happen," Madden said. "There's a rumor that there will be a more shocking development from the Second Mile Foundation -- and hold on, this is gross, I will use the only language I can -- that Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors. That is being investigated by two prominent columnists even as I speak."

This makes me want to vomit. I hope to hell this is sensationalism and not true in any way.

Did anyone listen to Bradley's press conference today? Ten bucks he's gone asap as well.

Bu yet McQueary still remains. There's now some bullshit about a game day decision of whether he'll coach from the sidelines or the press box. Barf.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

I hope they put him out in the open.

From a poster over at TwoP:
    As a PSU alum, I am deeply disturbed, enraged, and embarrassed by these students' behavior. Seriously, you're ready to riot because and 84 year old man lost his job, but not because your administration covered up a child sex abuse scandal? Or that your tuition dollars will be helping to pay for some of these idiots' legal fees? Or that your administration empowered this man to have an office on campus to continue his reign of terror? Or that your school will forever be associated with child rape? Or that, I don't know, YOUR ADMINISTRATORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHO KNOWS HOW MANY MORE ADDITIONAL CHILDREN'S SUFFERING?!?! Gah!

They were allowed to post that on TWoP? Mods must be asleep at the wheel today.

TWoP?

television Without pity I think
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

TelevisionWithoutPity.

I'm waiting for that threat to get 'cleaned up' MontanaMama. The Mods are probably all busy keeping close eye on the Duggar thread, which seems to get locked if someone sneezes.

Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information