Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Huge sexual abuse scandal (against little boys) coming out of Penn State

Word on ESPN is that Paterno is done immediately.

eta, he got fired and Spanier resigned.

Yep, MSNBC had a live feed from the news conference. They're both out. Why on earth it took this long to make the right, humanly decent decision is beyond me, but at least they've come thru. Sigh.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

But what about that coward McQueary?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I'm trying to keep my cool, but one of my FB friends is bitching up a storm how Penn State dared to do this to Paterno and also called what happened, and I quote: "sexual abuse". Yes in quotation marks.

As one of my Tumblr friends said, the only number in Paterno's career that counts is the amount of calls to the police regarding this and that number is 0.

Yeah, someone posted ticket prices for the PSU/Nebraska game. THey sky-rocketed this week. Ha! Mother fuckers wanted to support Joe but he's already fired. Those people should be ashamed. PSU is trying to do a blue-out in support of victims of abuse. What an incredibly awful decision to make now. People out there are apparently still drinking the Kool-Aide and the rest of the country looks on in digust.

Finally somebody did the right thing. I have no sympathy for either.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

"Right now, I'm not the football coach. And I've got to get used to that. After 61 years, I've got to get used to it. I appreciate it. Let me think it through."
    I know of some kids and their families who had to get used to some things as well. Making it all about yourself isn't exactly helping your case here, Joe.

So that McQueary is still working at Penn State?

McQueary is still on staff as of tonight. Shameful and disgusting.

CNN reports Joe Paterno and President of Penn State, Graham Spanier are out - effective immediately. Boo hoo assholes.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

What a fine example they have set.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Asshton Kutcher tweeted this and faced a HUGE backlash from Hawkeye fans. He later claimed he didn't know the back story. Yeah, that sounds right. Idiot.

How do you fire Jo Pa? #insult #noclass as a hawkeye fan I find it in poor taste

Why the hell didn't McQueary get the axe as well?? He is a pos!! Wonder if he has kids and would ignore the situation if his son was getting it in the shower from Sundusky??

Fuck you, Ashton!! He is such a waste!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Asshton Kutcher tweeted this and faced a HUGE backlash from Hawkeye fans. He later claimed he didn't know the back story. Yeah, that sounds right. Idiot.

How do you fire Jo Pa? #insult #noclass as a hawkeye fan I find it in poor taste
    Yeah I saw that. He also said something 'wasn't it about football or something?". So some people are thinking he was trying to make a joke that backfired. Either way, he's a dumbass.

McQueary should absolutely be canned with the rest of them. I still can't get over this big 200 plus pound guy walking in on a child being raped and not doing anything at all. Nothing. Turning around and walking out. How does a person do that?

Wonder if he has kids and would ignore the situation if his son was getting it in the shower from Sundusky??
    It makes me wonder if these kids were considered throw away kids to them? Because they came from poor families, did they just not care? I mean what if McQueary had walked in on Sandusky raping a female student? Would he have reacted? Or just walked out again because the guy was a coach?

Asston shows his intellect once again.

An attorney was interviewed on local news this morning and said that Paterno actually has a very strong case against PSU for wrongful dismissal. That blew my mind until he reviewed some facts.

The 1st case in 98-99 was refererred to the police who chose to not prosecute. The report came from the child's mother to the police. Paterno was not involved at all and Sandusky left the employ of PSU.

In 2002 a GA advised Paterno that something happened. Paterno reports it to the AD. He met his legal requirements and we must remember that Sandusky was NOT an employee of PSU at that time.

Paterno had no legal responsibility to do anything else because again, Sandusky WAS NOT his employee or even connected to the team anymore.

So, from a legal perspective, Paterno did nothing wrong. From a moral perspective, he failed all the way around. He continued to be listed as a board member for Sandusky's group knowing he had been accused of misconduct with kids. He did nothing to have Sandusky removed from the facilities when he saw him there.

I want Paterno to hold a press conference and own his piece in this. He has said he could have done more but that is not enough for me. I want him to lay out the timeline and tell us what he knew. I want him to tell these boys he is sorry he failed them.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

If you are a Paterno fan, the best he can do for you is to keep his mouth shut and ride off into the sunset. He's already proven he has no grasp on this matter. He repeatedly throws in a "pray for the kids" AFTER he's made an interview all about him. He smiles inappopriately, leads fans in cheers, and then calls these boys "victims or whatever." I don't care what kind of God-like status he enjoys in that state, he enabled his best friend and long time assistant coach. He treated these boys like little job perks and did NOTHING to ensure children's safety or well being.

If PSU gets sued by Paterno and loses, I hope they stand up and say it was worth it because WE did the right thing. Too bad Paterno can't say the same.

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information