Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Huge sexual abuse scandal (against little boys) coming out of Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Report: Penn St. planning Paterno's exit

Sandusky played for Paterno from 1963-65, returning to Penn State as a coach in 1969. He was defensive coordinator from 1977-99, and was long viewed as a possible successor to Paterno.......

That long at Penn State
    I wonder where he picked up this urge to molest boys

This is a truly horrible story. Its unbelievable to me that SO MANY PEOPLE dropped the ball on this, therefore allowing the abuse to continue. I cannot even wrap my head around it.

My Dad went to Penn State, and the one time I was at the Campus, it was ALL PSU Football all the time, everywhere we went. So sad that an institution and a game were put before the welfare of children. Fucking asses all of em.

Just got a text from my niece who is a soph at PSU. The students have gathered for an impromptu rally right now. She said it is big and kids are chanting FUCK SANDUSKY and others are chanting YOU DIDNT SAY NO JOE - SO YOU MUST GO. She also said press is asking them to clean it up so they can record it - haha. She lives with several of the players in her building and said they are pissed.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Are the pissed at the coaches and those that let all of this happen or are they pissed at the students and everyone else causing a scene? I was wondering how the current players were handling the scandal. Good for the students for rallying and making their feelings be known.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Players are pissed at Sandusky and all who allowed this to happen.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thank goodness they're not backing him or the rest of them up.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

There was a crowd of a few hundred who gathered to support Joe too.

No time to catch up on the last three pages right now but if you didn't hate all of these bastards before, you will now. I've always liked Paterno but this made me want to punch him in the face. Keep in mind this happened after PSU cancelled his press conference (so his son set this one up on his own) and AFTER the 9th victim had just presented himself. Sick fuckers...all of them. Those people rallying for Paterno are either deluded or sick mofos.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...j3vlvmpzxJuuKQ

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Or the entire college football industry will decide it is in their mutual best interest to circle the wagons, protect the sport itself, hide everything they can and let one Penn State AD and a financial officer take the fall while the great sport of football continues on proudly. Penn State will probably be protected by every other university program so that future mothers will remain trusting when send their sons into all absorbing programs, to "help poor kids".

I'd like to see the fans of rival teams really hound the team and coaches on the field. Nasty tee shirts and banners, organized heckling of the coaching staff.
    Does Penn State ever play Duke? Duke fans are famous for clever harassment.

Penn State needs to lose all it's attraction for good players. The current players should be on the phone to other programs right now.

That's about it. Imagine being a single, poor, mother trying to confront a powerful institution like Penn State football and tell them that their sacred program to help "at risk" boys (which gets them so many donations and accolades) is rotten. Who deserves a medal here?

I betcha there were discussions among coaches, trainers and financial officers about complaining mothers who just wanted sacred Penn State money by threatening lawsuits. Nasty jokes were made. Laughs were exchanged. Mothers with young sons were marginalized.

Yeah, Sandusky seems to crave young fatherless boys. But what if the Quarterback knew enough and threatened him? Or the QB refused to play after knowing too much about the Sandusky? I'd love to hear from this guy.

None of Paterno's excuses hold water for me. At every turn, he gave Sandusky more access, more power, more influence. After the accusation by the GA, Paterno hands the investigation over to a Financial Officer???? WTF!!!! If that doesn't sound like a prelude to a pay off (that's been used before), what does?

Thanks-you so much Bella for all the articles. Great research skills there.
    I think your guess that the world of college football will try to protect PSU is incorrect. There are a few asshats (Ron Zook from IL for one) who will continue to say what a great coach he is but the majority will not. Consider the fall Tressel took at OSU (his players sold their jerseys for tattoos etc) and Carroll at USC (paying players etc). Those actions look like peanuts compared to this. I cannot think of any other football scandal on this level. I don't think they'll get any overt support from anyone.

Many message boards have blown up with the heckling issue. Here's my take on that...if Paterno and McQueary are on that field, have a fucking field day with them. Rip them a new one every single second of the game. If they don't, leave the players alone. They had nothing to do with this and they're going to take a huge fall for all of this. They don't deserve it.

Those mothers deserve a medal as do their sons. If anything good can come out of this, I hope victims will see the outrage others have for these crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Back up a minute. This was not a Penn State program to help at risk kids. It was a Sandusky program. He used Penn State facilities. That is no different from all the camps and programs my daughter has attended over the years at Penn, Villanova, Bryn Mawr, etc. The camps/programs contract for space at the colleges.

You have no idea what conversations, if any, took place or if anyone was marginalized. So far we know one Mom complained about him showering with her son and it was investigated. The mom chose to accept that it would not happen again and took it no further. Him showering with a boy is a huge red flag and something should have been done then to take a closer look. I agree that there is sooo much wrong with what happened here but I don't find a need to dramatize and create dialogue.

There's the sticky point though. Sandusky intertwined PSU's football program and his own Second Mile. He used PSU's facilities, tickets, travel money etc on those kids. He brought them to bowl games and had them overnight in the team hotels. Sandusky "retired" after allegations were made. He was told not to bring boys around the facilities anymore. Why was that?

As far as I understand, the mom did not choose to just believe it wouldn't happen again. She took her concerns to the police who hid out in a room in her home and listened to Sandusky break down and say he'd never shower with her son again. The DA in that case (the one who went missing) didn't have enough evidence at the time to prosecute him. That doesn't mean she accepted his apology and promises.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    ^i doubt that. they probably just want to make sure that joepa doesn't say anything out of line. it's rumoured that he has the early stages of alzheimers or dementia.
    That's the only reasonable behavior in the video I posted above. It's possible but he wasn't demented for the last 13 years. He knew about this. He even said in his statement that McQueary was distraught over what he saw Sandusky do with that boy. Any dementia now doesn't absolve him of his gross short comings.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Wait, how they're going to show Paterno the door is what they're worried about? God damn, they're dumb.

Apparently Sandusky had access to the PSU weight room and was on campus last week.

Kinda looking forward to watching the Penn State at Ohio State game on 11/19. Should be interesting. We Ohio sports fans are known for our understated class!
    Consider that the charges were filed earlier this year (if I remember right) and Paterno, Curley and the rest were interviewed at that time. That proves they knew about all of this at that time. Why then was he allowed continued access to PSU's facilities? Disgusting.

I live in PA which means I of course have many family members, friends and employees who are PSU grads. I was happy to see that the Alum have started a Facebook page of PSU Alum for the prevention of child abuse. The alum are gathering to make the point that WE ARE PENN STATE means they are well educated people who care about children and that this scandal does not represent who WE ARE. It is early stages but people are posting about asking for the resignation fo several key people and for starting a fund to help prevent abuse going forward. They are well intentioned and I hope they succeed in making meaningful change. I am just happy to see they are not defending anyone involved and are looking for a way to help kids.
    Players are pissed at Sandusky and all who allowed this to happen.
    I'm glad that they are doing this but someone needs to tell the groups huddled on his lawn that they are giving a bad name to Penn State, college football, students and human beings with their disgusting behavior. A 9th victim comes forward today and they are engaging in We Are chants? I'm not sure if I've ever seen anything so grossly inappropriate in my life.

fgg

Joe Paterno Fighting for His Job Amid Penn State Abuse Scandal

Joe Paterno's 46-year-run as head coach of the Penn State football team could soon come to an end because of the sex-abuse scandal that has engulfed a former Paterno assistant.

The university's board of trustees is discussing when, not if, the legendary 84-year-old coach should exit, sources tell The New York Times.

Part of the issue is how much Paterno really knew about the nature of sexual abuse allegedly perpetrated by Jerry Sandusky against eight boys before and after the assistant's retirement in 1999.

In particular, Paterno has said he was not told in detail the graphic nature of an alleged 2002 assault by Sandusky, but sources familiar with that victim's story have questioned that assertion.

The board has yet to determine whether Paterno should step down right away, but the trustees are reportedly resolved that he will not coach another season.

Support for Paterno among Penn State students appears to remain high, however. A throng of students crowded onto the front lawn of his house of Tuesday night to pledge their support for the coach, whose Nittany Lions have won two national championships during his tenure.

"I can't tell you how much this means to me," Parerno told the students, reports ESPN. "I've lived for this place. I've lived for people like you guys and girls."

He also asked the students to say a prayer for the alleged victims, and added that "it's a tough life when people do certain things to you."

that last quote really bugs the hell out of me because he could have prevented some of the abuse by actually doing something about it.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Certain things? This wasn't pouring a Gatorade on their heads. Stupid twit.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I am hearing that Joe Paterno will announce later today that he will resign at the end of the season.

Good! If he stepped onto the football field I think there would have been some major issues and problems. This whole thing is sickening and all parties involved need to be held accountable!

Oh he is planning to coach the rest of the season from what I hear. It will be interesting on Saturday.

They are talking about it on the radio and someone commented that this so sad for JoPa. The DJ said "not as sad as is it for the poorr boys who were sexually assaulted who now have to face further pain in knowing it could have been prevented."

He's been up coaching from the booth rather than the sidelines recently, but I still don't see how his continuing presence in the stadium and as the figurehead is going to be tenable through the end of the season.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information