Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Huge sexual abuse scandal (against little boys) coming out of Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Please explain how. How, exactly, are most of the students "victimized" by the NCAA sanctions? Will it prevent them from getting an education? A degree? Going about their lives? How exactly are they victims, aside from having to adjust their social calendar slightly and actually maybe having to work or get an identity from something that is not PSU's football program? Tell me more about the incredible sorrow we should feel for the same entitled, spoiled brat little students who started a riot and caused thousands of dollars in damaged property when the university dared to take down Paterno's statue the first time. Or should I just cry for the ones who are causing the avalanche of enraged posts on Twitter calling the NCAA "a bunch of n*ggers"?

How horribly offensive to any victim of sexual abuse, and these in this case especially, to try imply that the simple inconvenience "suffered" by these students makes them equivalent to the actual children who were raped.

you know what? FUCK YOU. don't try and talk to me like i'm some idiot. You are an asshole. (yeah, i deserve the spanking coming my way by the mods) in this case? i'll take it.

You obviously have your opinion, but don't act like I don't have mine
    sluce and Lalique like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

No one is saying that students & staff are hurt in the same way the abuse victims were at all. The abuse victims are horribly impacted for a lifetime. That is clear.
    But the rest of Penn State get tarred with the same brush and now get a severe swat, even though they knew nothing at all.
    The pride in Penn State they felt is tarnished and there will be an economic impact for even small businesses.
    To feel compassion for those people in no way short changes the original victims,IMO.
    This whole thing is sad and bad, caused by a wicked pervert who should rot in prison. He should have been in prison much earlier and in that case ,none of this would have ever happened. Men with power chose to cover up and not face facts.
    That cannot be allowed to happen again and this will serve as a stark warning. One phone call to the police decades ago could have stopped all of this, could have prevented more young boys from such harm.
    The rest of the university got no vote in that, never knew of any wrong doing, yet gets stomped flat as collateral damage.
    I think we can spare some sympathy for all innocents.
    To me, the abused boys are first and foremost on everyones mind, as it should be. But yes, there are many secondary victims here and I may be wrong, but I think that is why Penn State was spared the Death Penalty given to SMU.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    They should change the library name. I was going about my business, literally, at work and all of the sudden something came up I had to process for PENN STATE UNIVERSITY - PATERNO LIBRARY. I was sickened to be reminded of the horrible actions and NON-actions that happened. I felt bad for the school that they were tricked into (complacent with?) naming the library after him. I feel especially embarrassed for the poor people who work in the library. If they don't change the name, that's even more embarrassing and almost disgusting.
    The library is named after him because he donated the money to build it. That really is the only reason. It's highly doubtful they will change the name simply because of that.

McJag - thank you for getting it. I would like to point out though, the SMU sanctions were because they were paying players. This scandal at PSU is horrible but it did not in anyway impact the wins or loses for the players, yet they are being punished.

I would also like to note that there was a phone call to the police years ago and they ignored it! I am hoping the state will pursue that and issue a report as to why the investigation was allowed to die back then.

Sylken - I think they may evantually remove his name from the library even though he paid for it. At Villanove they had the Dupont Arena named for John Dupont. John went nuts and shot and killed olympic wrestler Dave Schultz. Villanova removed his name immediately even though he had paid for the building.

What is making me most angry about this whole case is that, by law, Paterno did all he had to do so he would not have faced any criminal charges. I have yet to hear of anyone demanding a change to the law so that anyone who has knowledge would be legally obligated to report it. The existing law applies already to teachers, nurses, doctors, etc., so why not to assistant coaches, coaches, and so on? Some people have said adding more classes to the law would mean scout leaders, little league coaches and so on, would be included and that they have no training to watch for signs of abuse and it could be used for personal vendettas. I am tired of the excuses being used to let people off the hook from reporting when they suspect or know that a child is being abused.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Holy shit, what is going on up in here? Some people really need to think about seeking some fucking help. Who - please point them out - said any such thing about the students of PSU being punished is as bad as those boys being raped? Anyone? Bueller? Yeah, that's what I thought: not one fucking person said that! Having said THAT, what people are saying is: punish the bastard who DID rape these kids, punish the assholes who covered it up, not innocent fucking students! It's like saying you were at Wal-Mart and someone got raped in the bathroom... you didn't know, you were over in produce... should you get fucked just because you happened to be at Wal-Mart at that time? Are you in any way involved in this rape simply by association? No? Same for those attending PSU! Why is that so hard to understand? Its a bit more than an inconvenience because they have to adjust their fucking social calendar! FUCK!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Maybe the NCAA was not the right entity to enforce sanctions based on the facts of this case, but athletics was the start of the cover up and they maintained the cover up over a very sustained period of time.

Sluce, I have to disagree with you on Paternco's involvement. There is substantial email evidence that the school intended to turn Sandusky over to the cops until Paterno weighed in and they decided to keep it in house.

The only issue I have is the use of the word 'victim.' The only victims are the children who were raped and failed by all the adults involved in this clusterfuck. The student-athletes and university are affected by the decisions of others, but such is life, aren't we all?

Finally, I wouldn't worry too much about the past athletes. The invalidation of wins simply makes it so Paterno won't be listed as the winningest coach, the athletes will still eat free in their local diners, dives and drive-ins.
    Bellatheball likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    McJag - thank you for getting it. I would like to point out though, the SMU sanctions were because they were paying players. This scandal at PSU is horrible but it did not in anyway impact the wins or loses for the players, yet they are being punished.

I already did point that out on the previous page. The amount they were paying was a very small amount, the most being $750 a month. Most like $50, not an NFL salary. And that Death Penalty hurt the entire SMU for 2 decades.
    Doesn't matter if it was deserved or not, just a fact to be dealt with,alas.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post

I would also like to note that there was a phone call to the police years ago and they ignored it! I am hoping the state will pursue that and issue a report as to why the investigation was allowed to die back then.
    Agree with this part.

Ray Gricar, who was the DA at the time, declined to prosecute Sandusky back in 1998. A lot of people, not just Penn State, didn't do their jobs properly.

Also, the Second Mile charity was told back in 2002 that there were allegations against Sandusky (and they were told about the shower incident) but they didn't cut off his access until 2008.

Penn State deserves the lion's share of the blame, but a lot of other organizations and officials dropped the ball too.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Sluce, I have to disagree with you on Paternco's involvement. There is substantial email evidence that the school intended to turn Sandusky over to the cops until Paterno weighed in and they decided to keep it in house.
    Actually, there is not email evidence and that is why Paterno's family is having their own investigation. There is an email where one of the other assholes said he had spoken with Joe and Joe said he would rather it not be reported, or something along those lines, but there are no known emails actually from Joe. I personally believe he was part of the cover up and should have faced legal charges but under the current law he did all he had to do and there is not evidence, beyond hearsay, to prove he actually ever said anything. That is why I so strongly believe the law must be changed.
    Last edited by sluce; July 24th, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

The Paterno family needs to be quiet now. They're an embarrassment. And I'm sure their investigation will be completely non-partisan.

And perhaps it's fitting that the library is still named for Paterno. It's a place where silence is encouraged.
    Bellatheball and sputnik like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

It's a place where silence is encouraged.

^It really was brilliant, wasn't it?

fgg

Lawyers: Shower abuse victim to sue Penn State

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) -- For months, the identity of the boy who was sexually assaulted in the locker-room showers by Jerry Sandusky was one of the biggest mysteries of the Penn State scandal. Now, for the first time, a man has come forward publicly to claim he was that boy, and is threatening to sue the university.

The man's lawyers said Thursday they have done an extensive investigation and gathered ''overwhelming evidence'' on details of the abuse by Sandusky, the former assistant football coach convicted of using his position at Penn State and as head of a youth charity to molest boys over a period of 15 years.

Jurors convicted Sandusky last month of offenses related to so-called Victim 2 largely on the testimony of Mike McQueary, who was a team graduate assistant at the time and described seeing the attack.

''Our client has to live the rest of his life not only dealing with the effects of Sandusky's childhood sexual abuse, but also with the knowledge that many powerful adults, including those at the highest levels of Penn State, put their own interests and the interests of a child predator above their legal obligations to protect him,'' the lawyers said in a news release.

They did not name their client, and The Associated Press generally does not identify victims of sex crimes without their consent.

The university said it was taking the case seriously but would not comment on pending litigation.

University President Rodney Erickson and the board of trustees, a school spokesman said, ''have publicly emphasized that their goal is to find solutions that rest on the principle of justice for the victims.''

The statement from the man's attorneys said Victim 2 suffered ''extensive sexual abuse over many years both before and after the 2001 incident Michael McQueary witnessed.''

McQueary testified in December at a hearing that he had seen Sandusky and a boy, both naked, in a team shower after hearing skin-on-skin slapping sounds.

''I would have described that it was extremely sexual and I thought that some kind of intercourse was going on,'' McQueary said.

McQueary reported the abuse to school officials, including Paterno, but none of them told police. In a recent report conducted by former FBI Director Louis Freeh and commissioned by Penn State, the investigators excoriated Paterno and the other administrators for not attempting to identify Victim 2, saying it showed ''a striking lack of empathy.''

Trustees fired Paterno, who has since died, because he failed to do more about claims against Sandusky, and the scathing independent review said several top school officials looked the other way because they were afraid of bad publicity. The NCAA has vacated 112 Penn State wins.

In a pair of voicemails recorded last year, released with the statement and posted online by the lawyers, a voice that's purportedly Sandusky's expresses his love and says he wants to express his feelings ''up front.''

The voicemails are dated Sept. 12 and Sept. 19, less than two months before the former Penn State coach was arrested on child sex abuse charges. Sandusky was convicted in June of 45 sex abuse counts and awaits sentencing.

The second voicemail asks whether Victim 2 would like to attend Penn State's next game.

Sandusky left ''numerous'' voicemails for their client that fall, the attorneys said.

Before the trial, defense attorney Joe Amendola said he had met with a man he believed he might be Victim 2 and the man told him he had not been abused by Sandusky. Amendola said he was not convinced and did not intend to subpoena him, but also said Sandusky himself was insistent they had the right person.

The statement from Victim 2's lawyers leaves many questions unanswered, including whether he had been in contact with prosecutors before or during the trial, whether he remembers McQueary, and whether he is the same person who met with Amendola.

''Jerry Sandusky's abuse of Victim 2 and other children is a direct result of a conspiracy to conceal Sandusky's conduct and the decisions by top Penn State officials that facilitated and enabled his access to victims,'' the statement read. ''We intend to file a civil lawsuit against Penn State University and others and to hold them accountable for the egregious and reckless conduct that facilitated the horrific abuse our client suffered.''

The statement did not say when the lawsuit would be filed or contain details on what redress the plaintiff is seeking. The lawyers said they would not have further comment, and messages left for their spokesman were not immediately returned.

Several messages seeking comment from Amendola and Sandusky's other lawyer, Karl Rominger, were not immediately returned.

Prosecutors had said on several occasions they did not know the identity of the boy, and they offered no reaction to the lawyers' announcement Thursday.

''We can't comment, given both our ongoing criminal prosecutions and our ongoing investigation,'' said Nils Frederiksen, spokesman for the attorney general's office.

The attorneys who released the statement include several based in Philadelphia and in State College, home to Penn State's main campus - where the shower assault took place.

Lawyers: Shower abuse victim to sue Penn State - Yahoo! Sports
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

So at last he comes forward. Poor kid. This ahould have been handled right there and then. Police should have been called on the spot.

I hope he gets some justice and some peace of mind from all this - those and a whole LOTTA cash.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information