Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Huge sexual abuse scandal (against little boys) coming out of Penn State

It's kind of weird that we haven't heard anything from McQueary's father. He was the guy who asked Dranov to come over and hear what his son saw.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    His attorney is a damn pedophile.
    his lawyer's a paedo?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

not a pedo but a pervy scumbucket. he impregnated a 16 (?) yo girl that he was representing, i think.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

really? who is he?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybabe View Post
    Sandusky's attorney is a piece of work too - he was 49 years old when he knocked up a 16-year-old. How classy - scum representing scum.

Joe Amendola, Sandusky's Lawyer, Reportedly Impregnated a Teenager | Larry Brown Sports
    What kind of man could defend an alleged pedophile? Maybe one who has also been intimate with a youth.

The New York Post shares a report that says Joe Amendola, Jerry Sandusky’s lawyer, impregnated a teenager around 1996 or 1997.

Amendola reportedly was the attorney for Mary Iavasile when she filed for emancipation before turning 17. Iavasile’s mother reportedly told The Daily that’s around the time Mary became pregnant with the first of two chilren she had with Amendola.

Amendola and Iavasile married in 2003 but reportedly have split up.

The legal age of consent in Pennsylvania is 16, so although Amendola’s reported behavior was questionable, it was not illegal.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Greys:

I actually just had to go through my recertification for dependant adult and child abuse. If a provider does not witness, or have first hand knowledge of the abuse, or if the abused person is not a patient, you are not legally obligated to report. A morality issue is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    his lawyer's a paedo?
    Yes. He was representing a 16 year old girl in an emancipation case against her parents. She got pregnant with his child. They are now divorcing.

ETA: Damnit! Didn't hit refresh to see that someone already answered. Sorry!

fgg

^you aren't a pedophile unless you make moves on prepubescent children.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    ^you aren't a pedophile unless you make moves on prepubescent children.

Not by the legal definition, which is 13 and younger depending on the jurisdiction. This "lawyer" is nether guilty of pedophilia nor of statutory rape...though its highly possible his affair with this girl began when she was 15, in which case, he is a rapist, just unconvicted.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thought this was an interesting story on Amendola:

Jerry Sandusky’s lawyer, Joe Amendola, got a 16-year- old client pregnant and later married her

Read more: Jerry Sandusky

Joe Amendola, the State College, Pa., attorney representing accused child molester Jerry Sandusky, has an interesting back story himself: He got a teen-age client pregnant during the mid-1990s.

Amendola, 63, married the girl several years after the birth of their child, The Daily reported Monday night, citing documents filed at the Centre County, Pa., courthouse.

Amendola represented a 16-year-old girl then known as Mary Iavasile when she filed an emancipation petition in September 1996. The emancipation petition said the girl had graduated from high school in two years with a 3.69 GPA and held a fulltime job at Amendola's law office.

The girl gave birth to Amendola's child when she was 17 years old, her mother, Janet Iavasile, said. Amendola would have been about 49 years old at the time. The age of consent in Pennsylvania is 16.

Janet Iavasile said she didn't know the extent of the relationship between her daughter and the attorney. She thought he was more of a mentor than a paramour.

"She was interested in law," the mother said.
    Amendola married the girl in February 2003 and the couple had a second child before they separated. Amendola's estranged wife, now a 32, has retained his last name.

"Joe is a very good father and has loved his two children very much, and that's the most important thing for me right now," Janet Iavasile said.

[middle of article snipped]

"I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped," Sandusky said. "There are many that I didn't have - I hardly had any contact with who I helped in many, many ways."
    Mary Amendola is apparently unconvinced. When Costas asked the lawyer if he would leave his children alone with Sandusky, Amendola said "yes, without hesitation."
    "OMG," Mary Amendola wrote on her Facebook page, "did Joe just say that he would allow my kids to be alone with Jerry Sandusky?"

Sandusky just waived his rights to a hearing and is moving right on to the trial. Guess they didn't want to go through the process of cross examining all the witnesses who gave testimony to the grand jury. One reporter is saying it shows they either plan to look for a plea and never take it to trial or they knew the charges would stand today and they would rather start focusing on getting ready to go after each witness at trial? Lawyers on the board - please weigh in on your thoughts?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Yeah, generally at prelim the cross examination of witnesses can be used at trial, so by waiving prelim you go straight to trial and that testimony cannot be used as evidence. (well pretrial first, then trial readiness etc. etc. in California). I smell a plea deal here as I am sure Sandusky wants this swept under the rug ASAP. In CA if you waive prelim then the prosecution cannot amend the information/complaint to add more charges because there was no evidence/witnesses introduced that would cause them to do so. (CA attorneys correct me if I am wrong but I have worked for a D.A. for 13 years and this is what I know.)
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I've been listening to his lawyer yap on and on and to me it doesn't sound like they are going for a plea at all.

BELLEFONTE— — Shocking a packed courtroom, former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky abruptly waived his right to a preliminary hearing today, setting the stage for a trial on 50 counts of child sexual abuse allegedly stemming from incidents with 10 boys.

The announcement came moments after the former Nittany Lions' defensive coordinator entered a courtroom filled with onlookers and national and international press. The white-haired Sandusky, 67, wore a blue suit and was accompanied by two attorneys and 20 supporters. He entered the building with his wife, Dottie.

Outside the courthouse, E. Marc Costanzo, a senior state deputy attorney general prosecuting the case, said Sandusky's decision kept the 11 witnesses expected to take the stand from testifying twice. The same terms of bail — house arrest with electronic monitoring and strict limits on personal contact — still applied.

Costanzo added, "We're not disappointed over something like this. We're ready to proceed. He's the one giving up rights. We're not giving up anything."

Costanzo said there had been no discussions of a plea deal with Sandusky, who has maintained that he is innocent. Sandusky's lawyer, Joe Amendola, also has said there have been no talks of a deal. Amendola said afterward he decided Monday night to waive the hearing and will also skip a Jan. 11 arraignment, with Sandusky pre-emptively entering a plea of not guilty.

At a news conference shortly afterward, Amendola said going forward with the hearing only would have helped the prosecution. He reiterated Sandusky's claim of innocence and said he's had people calling to express doubt about his client's guilt and offering to help. The former football coach "deserves his day in court and remains committed to proving his innocence."

Amendola said the preliminary hearing, where prosecutors were required to only prove they had a case worthy of being heard by a jury, would have been one-sided, with no opportunity for Sandusky to discredit the witnesses.

"That would have left us with the worst of all worlds," Amendola said.

Instead, Amendola said he struck a deal with the attorney general's office to expedite the discovery process, in which prosecutors share evidence. Waiving the formal arraignment also starts a procedural clock that will allow Amendola to begin preparing Sandusky's offense sooner.

The defense lawyer also appeared to give some hint of an eventual trial strategy as he attacked the credibility of Sandusky's thus-far anonymous accusers, most of whom he says he has identified.

"Many of the alleged victims already have civil attorneys," he said. "What greater motivation could there be to say 'I'm a victim,' than money?"

Amendola said they already know that some of Sandusky's accusers know each other and he will attempt to prove that they have been colluding. Amendola said he plans to subpoena phone and text message records in an attempt to prove they communicated.

Despite protestations from the prosecution and the defense to the contrary, Wes Oliver, an associate professor at Widener University Law School in Harrisburg, said Sandusky's decision to waive the hearing may signal that a plea deal is indeed in the works.

OIiver said there was no "strategic advantage" to waiving the hearing if Sandusky was headed to trial.

"If you were going to trial, you'd want any opportunity you could get [to put victims] on the stand and learn all you could about what the prosecution is coming at you with," he said. "The only thing that makes sense tactically is that a plea is in the works."

Both prosecutor Costanzo and two lawyers for the victims in the case said Sandusky's decision to waive the hearing spares them having to recount their stories on the witness stand.

Michael Boni, an attorney for the young man identified in a grand jury report against Sandusky as "Victim One," told hundreds of reporters that he'd had dinner with his client on Monday night and that the young man was ready to testify. The lawyer said he'd found out about the waiver "when everyone else knew."

"I know how stressful it would be," he said. "It's good that he won't have to relive the horror."

But other alleged victims angrily decried Sandusky's decision, saying they wanted the chance to tell their side. In a written statement read by his lawyer, "Victim 4" said he had been prepared to tell the truth – a word he underlined three times.

"I can't believe they put us through this until the last second only to waive the hearing," the statement read. "Regardless of the decision to waive the hearing, nothing has changed. I still will stand my ground, testify and speak the truth."

Kenneth Suggs, an attorney for Victim Six, put his feelings for Sandusky more bluntly. "I'd call him a coward," he said. "Anyone who would abuse children like this is, by definition, a coward."

Slade McLaughlin, also an attorney for Victim One, said the waiver came as a total surprise, and called the decision to wait until the last minute a publicity stunt.

He added that the decision "was a prelude to them realizing they have a lot of problems here."

Today's hearing was intended to determine whether there was enough evidence to put the case against Sandusky to a jury.

On Friday in Harrisburg, former Penn State administrators Timothy Curley and Gary Schultz face a similar hearing on charges they covered up one of the assaults then lied to a grand jury about it.

None of the defendants was expected to testify or present a defense. And only an unprecedented implosion by the witnesses was likely to prevent Senior Judge John M. Cleland from finding sufficient evidence to hold Sandusky for trial, legal experts say.

But both events, particularly Sandusky's hearing, were expected to draw an international spotlight and could include moments of high drama.

Shortly before 7 a.m., a small army of broadcast and print reporters from across Pennsylvania and across the country had set up camp in the main square outside the Centre County courthouse, which CNN said is on the National Register of Historic Places. Huge television lights competed with the still sparkling Christmas lights that bedecked the Victorian town center.

Other judges canceled or moved their proceedings from the courthouse for the day. Weeks ago, town officials began meeting to devise a traffic and parking plan for the dozens of satellite trucks and vehicles coming to town. Court administrators planned to issue 200 media credentials and set up a public lottery for the remaining seats.

Tom Darr, the deputy court administrator for the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts, said the public cost of Tuesday's media crush was minimal. Visiting press paid the cost of security for their satellite and remote facilities, he said.

Twice in recent weeks, Sandusky has used interviews with national news outlets to proclaim his innocence, denying that he abused the boys he met through his youth charity, The Second Mile.

Reuters reported this morning that Sandusky's lawyer, Amendola, of State College, told CBS News that his client was dreading the hearing.

"You can imagine, he's going to have to sit in a courtroom with a couple-hundred people — I understand it's going to be filled to capacity, including members of his family and friends — who are going to listen to some of these young men say horrific things occurred between them and Jerry," he said.

Prior to Tuesday, speculation centered on which witnesses prosecutors would call, including assistant coach Michael McQueary, who told the grand jury he saw Sandusky sodomize a boy in a locker room shower in 2002.

Amendola said Tuesday one of the biggest reasons to go forward with the preliminary hearing would have been the opportunity to question McQueary. He's staking the credibility of the commonwealth's star witness as a cornerstone of his case, calling into question whether the former graduate student really told officials what he said he did.

The day after the shower encounter, McQueary reported what he saw to Joe Paterno, who then spoke to other Penn State administrators, according to the grand jury report. State law enforcement officials have criticized Paterno and the administrators for not doing more when presented with those allegations nine years ago.

Paterno said McQueary only reported seeing Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy," according to the grand jury's summary of Paterno's testimony. Paterno said in a Nov. 6 statement that McQueary "at no time related to me the very specific actions contained in the grand jury report."

After Sandusky was charged last month, McQueary himself faced criticism that he left the locker room rather than help the boy. He later sent out an ambiguously worded email that read, "I did stop it, not physically, but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room."

Then on Sunday, the Harrisburg Patriot-News reported McQueary said he didn't see anything sexual when he gave an account of the incident to his father and a family friend, according to the friend, Dr. Jonathan Dranov.

Pennsylvania: Penn State Sexual Abuse Scandal - latimes.com
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

On a side note, Bellatheball, clear your private message inbox, it's full!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Thread Information