Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Huge sexual abuse scandal (against little boys) coming out of Penn State

Sandusky's wife defends husband in sex abuse case
    By GENARO C. ARMAS, Associated Press – 2 hours ago
    STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — The wife of ex-Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky said Thursday her husband is innocent of the child sex abuse allegations made against him and that his accusers are making up their stories, including one suggesting she was home while Sandusky attacked a boy who screamed for help.

Dottie Sandusky's comments defending her husband were the first she has made since Sandusky was arrested last month and accused of molesting boys he met through a charity he founded for troubled youth. He faces more than 50 charges and has maintained his innocence.

She released the statement through her husband's lawyer a day after a grand jury report detailed claims of two new accusers, among them the testimony of one who said he cried out for her help while Sandusky assaulted him in a basement bedroom.

"I am so sad anyone would make such a terrible accusation which is absolutely untrue," she said. "We don't know why these young men have made these false accusations, but we want everyone to know they are untrue."

Dottie Sandusky, who has raised six adopted children, said she has been "shocked and dismayed" by the claims.

"I have been devastated by these accusations," she said. "Our children, our extended family and friends know how much Jerry and I love kids and have always tried to help and care for them. We would never do anything to hurt them."

Earlier Thursday, Jerry Sandusky was released after a night in jail when he posted bail stemming from the latest child sex abuse charges filed against him. Sandusky secured his release using $200,000 in real estate holdings and a $50,000 certified check provided by his wife, according to online court records. A judge has ordered him subject to electronic monitoring.

Sandusky faces criminal accusations from 10 young men who claim he molested them when they were boys in his home, on Penn State property and elsewhere. The scandal has provoked strong criticism that Penn State officials didn't do enough to stop the alleged assaults and prompted the ouster of Hall of Fame football coach Joe Paterno and the school's longtime president, Graham Spanier.

Meanwhile, the Big Ten conference announced Thursday it would review the Penn State scandal and reserved the right to hand down sanctions pending its findings.

Sandusky, 67, has said repeatedly that he is innocent and has vowed to fight the case. In interviews with NBC and The New York Times, he said he showered and horsed around with boys but never sexually abused them.

Until her statement, Dottie Sandusky, 68, had kept largely out of sight since the charges were filed. She wasn't seen or heard during his two interviews, had given no interviews herself and had not accompanied Sandusky to court the two times he was brought in for arraignments.

The grand jury report that accompanied the 12 new charges Wednesday said one alleged victim testified Jerry Sandusky kept him in a basement bedroom during overnight visits to the home, fed him there, forced him to perform oral sex and attempted on at least 16 occasions to anally penetrate him, sometimes successfully.

"The victim testified that on at least one occasion he screamed for help, knowing that Sandusky's wife was upstairs, but no one ever came to help him," the grand jury report said.

He described a pattern of sexual assaults by Sandusky over a period of years but testified that he had "barely any" contact with Sandusky's wife during his visits, the grand jury said.

In her statement, Dottie Sandusky disputed his claims. "No child who ever visited our home was ever forced to stay in our basement and fed there. All the kids who visited us ate with us and our kids and other guests when they were at our home," she said.

A spokesman for the state attorney general's office, which is prosecuting Sandusky, declined to comment on her statement, and said he could not discuss whether investigators have interviewed her or want to interview her.

In the first grand jury report, issued Nov. 5, an accuser said he had not had contact with Jerry Sandusky for nearly two years but in the weeks before giving his testimony he received phone messages from Sandusky, Dottie Sandusky and a Sandusky friend seeking to talk to him about something important. Dottie Sandusky is otherwise mentioned, in passing, by only one of other alleged victim. He claimed she was part of a family contingent that went to bowl games he attended, and he testified she was not present when the former coach allegedly took him to a resort.

Lawyers who are not connected to the case said Thursday that evidence made public so far does not prove Dottie Sandusky did anything wrong although they said prosecutors almost certainly are interested in talking to her and lawsuits will almost certainly name her.

Dottie Sandusky, whose real name is Dorothy, met Jerry Sandusky at a summer picnic in 1965, just before he began his senior year at Penn State, according to his book, "Touched."

They married in September 1966 and tried to start a family after he finished graduate school at Penn State, but discovered from doctors that they were not able to have children of their own for reasons that he didn't specify.

Eventually, they adopted six children and the book portrays her as presiding over a bustling house filled with their own children, their children's friends and children from The Second Mile charity, preparing most family meals and refereeing sibling rivalries.

"Dottie was the leader," his book reads. "I became another kid for her to supervise as well. As I said before, there was never a dull moment in the Sandusky household, and I don't think any of us would have wanted things any other way."

The Associated Press: Sandusky's wife defends husband in sex abuse case

Please Dottie, you didn't hear the screams?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

This just gets uglier and uglier.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I'm surprised he hasn't killed himself yet, the cowardly sonofabitch!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I don't think he appreciates that what he's done and who he is makes him a repugnant pos. It's all of us who are nuts, in his mind, he's just a loving guy and society isn't evolved enoughh to understand his love. Frankly, it appears that nothing in his life would indicate that he should understand. He's been coddled and allowed more and more access to children, so I would think in his mind, he's just a great guy.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Well, that IS a major issue with pedos - same thing with Michael Jackson. In his mind, all he was doing was loving little boys. These kind of predators do not get that what they are doing is so wrong in their self-centered, arrogant, twisted world. Sandusky's wife defending him and bailing him out is fucking baffling - she knows damn well what went on. Why she would allow him around the rest of the family is beyond me. Christmas at their house with Jerry under house arrest is going to be interesting.

- Mark Twain

I am sorry but I don't believe that; they know it is wrong and that is why they hide it. I posted in another thread about what happened to my son with that SOB down the street. I am just thankful my son knew that what that fucker was doing was wrong and came to us right away and once he did another victim came forward and the POS is now in prison.

I could kill this man and his fucking wife, sticking up for this twisted mother fucker. The fucker's wife down the street did the same, you should have seen her face at court when the other victim was made known to her. Dumb bitch.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I think it was my cousin who said that people with problems like this usually have a world-class enabler by their side. I mean, what the hell was John Wayne Gacy's wife thinking while he was raping kids in their house and then burying their bodies in the crawlspace?

I don't know, I really think that in his sick mind, what he's done (doing) can be rationalized. In order to be a pedophile, you already have to have some serious mental deficiencies. Sandusky is surrounded by people who have never held him accountable and have enabled him to continue. His attorney is a damn pedophile. I think you just need to look at how he answered the 'are you attracted to young boys' question. He may have read or even possibly know legally that it's a crime, but his answer to that question really demonstrates that he couldn't answer without displaying that he just doesn't understand.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Elite Member

He and his wife are a case study in denial and enabling. They could provide a wealth of information and insights for forensic psychologists.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    He and his wife are a case study in denial and enabling. They could provide a wealth of information and insights for forensic psychologists.
    ... and FBI profilers.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I'm surprised he hasn't killed himself yet, the cowardly sonofabitch!
    If his wife had any sense,she'd shoot him before he shoots himself & takes her with him.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

If she was complicit in the abuse, the second option is preferable.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    If she was complicit in the abuse, the second option is preferable.
    True, but I think she is just dumb as a box of rocks.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

No one can be that dumb. No one. Why would she have tried to reach victims if she knew nothing? They both need to be strung up by their toenails. Sandusky should have a line of men waiting to get aquainted with him while he hangs there.

Here in PA I can easily buy a gun. I would have no problem getting a permit to carry a concealed weapon. I'm glad I do not own a gun because Sandusky lives within a comfortable driving distance.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information