Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Huge sexual abuse scandal (against little boys) coming out of Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    If these new minor victims come forward to authorites, this could mean a revocation of bail. Assuming the conditions of his bail included no more contact/molesting of children. But maybe he got a pass on that, too.
    On the news this morning, they said that every judge with jurisdiction in the county where Penn State is located had recused themselves from ruling on anything to do with this case. And that a nearby county outside Penn State has agreed to hear cases related to Sandusky et. al. I wonder if that venue is far enough away, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    The victim's psychologist reported? Wow, let's victimize the poor kid again. A lot. What a violation after a violation. I hate assholes.
    Maybe I missed a part of the story, but it doesn't sound like the psychologist outed Victim 1. It sounds like he had already withdrawn from school before the psychologist commented on the cause.

But the psychologist should not say one single word about anything having to do with his/her patient.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    But the psychologist should not say one single word about anything having to do with his/her patient.
    I agree that it would be a huge breach of professional conduct, but it looks like he has full consent of the mom. I have to admit, I have no proof of that yet, but it sounds like he has been there to back up what the mom has been saying about the school. He interceded for the mom, when the school was basically stonewalling, and he got them to ban Sandusky from the school grounds in the first place.

And looking at the piece of the story below, Turchetta (the varsity football coach) outed the victim, by revealing his name in a conference with parents of football players at the school. That is how the victim's name got out. I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I can't believe some of the messed up stuff I'm reading (particularly egregious stuff in red):

One evening, while Mother One was shopping, she said the grandmother of one of the varsity football players approached her in a rage and, according to Mother One, proceeded to publicly berate her.

"She said, 'Thanks a lot! What are you doing getting involved for your son? Your son doesn't even play football anymore.' I remember saying, 'What are you talking about?'"

According to Mother One, the woman responded, "Oh, your son had to go and accuse Jerry [Sandusky] of abusing him and now he's not allowed to help the football team and he's not allowed around the school."

Aside from Child Youth Services, the police, Gillum, a few school administrators and immediate family members, she said she'd told no one else what had happened to Victim One.

Shocked, she asked the grandmother how she found out. Mother One recalls the woman responding that Turchetta brought it up at his weekly football parent meeting, presumably with family members of the football team.

According to Mother One, the woman added, "Coach Turchetta said these charges are never going to stick and he'll walk away."
    "She never asked me if the charges were true. She just finished up with, 'Thanks a lot. Now our football team is going to lose and it's all because of your son.'"

Mother One said that Turchetta found ways to target her son as punishment for getting Sandusky removed from school grounds.
    Although Turchetta didn't coach her son directly, his role as assistant principal and his involvement in the sports department gave him influence over other sports programs within the school. Mother One claims her son developed a close bond with a 28-year-old volunteer coach, which Turchetta abruptly ended.

One day, she recalled, her son told her that Turchetta was in his face, yelling at him: "With what you've done already, no 28-year-old man needs to be around you."

According to both Victim One and his mother, it was the assistant principal and varsity football coach Steve Turchetta who authorized and granted Sandusky this access, despite a lack of parental permission or notification.

Turchetta defended his actions, according to the grand jury indictment, saying that it wasn't unusual to "call a Second Mile student out of activity period at the end of the day, at Sandusky's request, to see him."

With her son being taken off school property on a frequent basis without her permission, and his expressed concern about Sandusky being a "sex weirdo," Mother One said she contacted the school.
    "I didn't know how to start the conversation with the high school counselor because I didn't know how to come out and say, 'I think Jerry Sandusky is doing something to my kid,'" she explained. "I finally said to the counselor, 'You're a mother. I'm a mother. I have a gut feeling that something isn't right.'"

Mother One explained that her son was clearly troubled by Sandusky and wanted the school to talk with him. She also informed the high school principal, Karen Probst, that she didn't appreciate the school allowing Sandusky to take her son anywhere, and demanded that the school help to stop the visits.

But according to Mother One, the school acted as if there was nothing to be concerned about.

"The principal just waved it off, saying, 'You know, it's Jerry. He's around the school a lot and talks a lot with Second Mile kids. He has a heart of gold.' I was furious. They were defending this guy."
    Mother One said she stopped arguing when she realized the principal wasn't willing to admit to any wrongdoing. She then asked that a counselor speak to her son, to see if he'd open up. The school agreed.

A few hours later, her phone rang. It was Probst, who she said asked her to drive to the school immediately.

Mother One already knew where this was going.

Reaching the counselor's office, she saw her son sitting in a chair and crying uncontrollably. He was, she recalled, in "an absolute meltdown."

Then, she said, the principal entered the room.
    "The principal said that my son thought something inappropriate might have happened with Jerry. And of course, I instantly lost it."
    As her son spoke between sobs, Mother One's worst fears were confirmed. Victim One said he was terrified, and that he thought things would only get worse.

Mother One had heard all she needed to. "Then we're going to call the police," she recalled saying. She looked at the counselor and principal, expecting them to nod, or to agree. Instead, she claims, they told her to think about it, and asked her how it would affect her family.

"I repeated the line three times. I said let's call the police. Right now. Let's do it. And they continued to stare at me."

Elite Member

Every time I think this story is done, no more to it, the whirlwind is over, we get more stories like this.

Fuck that principle. Fire his ass, too, and Coach Turchetta!

What is wrong with these people???? What kind of hold did Sandusky have over them? Why does a coach EVER allow kids to leave the school without parental permission? Not just once, over and over again?

Generally, conspiracy theories are so FOS. But what else explains this total complicity with Sandusky by everyone, from high to low? What the hell is going on here?

Turchetta was vindictive to that kid, absolutely and appallingly mean. What is the point of that?

People. I don't get them.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Bronze Member

Thank you- MohandasKGanja, I had read some of that somewhere but not the whole thing. The hold over this Penn state and it's surroundings is unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Every time I think this story is done, no more to it, the whirlwind is over, we get more stories like this.

Fuck that principle. Fire his ass, too, and Coach Turchetta!

What is wrong with these people???? What kind of hold did Sandusky have over them? Why does a coach EVER allow kids to leave the school without parental permission? Not just once, over and over again?

Generally, conspiracy theories are so FOS. But what else explains this total complicity with Sandusky by everyone, from high to low? What the hell is going on here?

Turchetta was vindictive to that kid, absolutely and appallingly mean. What is the point of that?

People. I don't get them.

That article is a complete about-face from one Sports Illustrated just ran on the school. Interesting. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=cf_t11_a7

I hope that mom doesn't talk so much that they ruin her credibilty. She might be better off declining interviews for now. Let him get a conviction and then hang him out to dry.

Sue Paterno Kicked Out of PSU Pool
    The Patriot-News has just reported that Sue Paterno, wife of embattled former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno, was told that she couldn’t use the university’s campus pool, where she usually works out. The paper cited “A source close to the Paterno family” in reporting that Mrs. Paterno “was told to leave.”

Just when you though this mess couldn’t get any more strange, they’re telling an older lady to take her swim cap and get out. Liability issues? Chlorine shortage? Excessive splashing? The university isn’t elaborating.

The Patriot-News:

Sue Paterno used Penn State facilities to swim and exercise everyday, the source said, but was told Wednesday morning that she could no longer use the facilities
    Not sure I'd even attempt to show up and assume I could still use any old privileges without checking first after all this mess.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

^ Seems WAY over the top though. If they really take down his statue this week, they know something bigger and more sinister and this would make sense. If that's not the case, really?, you kick a 70-some year old lady out of a pool? The Paternos have donated millions of dollars to PSU (good or bad). Letting her swim in a pool is hardly a ringing character endorsement from the school.

Fuck yeah I'd kick her out, her privileges were through her shitty husband and his were revoked.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    That article is a complete about-face from one Sports Illustrated just ran on the school. Interesting. Special report on Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, Penn State scandal - SI.com - Magazine
    It looks like it's going all the way up to PA Governor Tom Corbett now....

Just cutting to the chase in the article.....
    Except for the fact that the way [Corbett's] office handled the investigation raises inevitable and legitimate questions about why an alleged sexual predator was allowed to remain at large for nearly three years while the grand jury investigated. The question of political considerations cannot be avoided.

Not only that, but Corbett’s gubernatorial staff approved—yes, approved—a $3 million grant to Second Mile, the foundation for kids that, according to the grand jury, served as a repository for potential sex-abuse victims. Corbett knew about the grant and let it through last July for reasons that seem absurd.

But politics in Pennsylvania? I have lived in the state for 35 years. Everything in Pennsylvania is politics. As for the $3 million grant to Sandusky’s foundation, a Corbett spokesman noted it was originally approved by outgoing governor Ed Rendell but the funds were never committed.

Corbett detested what he viewed as Rendell’s liberal spending policies and eviscerated much of the Democrat’s funding for education. So would he approve a $3 million grant because Rendell wanted it? You decide.

The spokesman also maintains that Corbett approved the grant (now on hold) to avoid a possible leak of the investigation. But it seems hard to believe that denying the grant would have aroused any suspicion because Sandusky informed Second Mile in 2008 that he was being investigated.

Hubby said he read on the internet today that one of Sandusky's family members is coming forward as being abused. Don't know where he read it.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Hubby said he read on the internet today that one of Sandusky's family members is coming forward as being abused. Don't know where he read it.

New Penn State Molester Accusation Includes Grandson - ABC News

Accused Penn State child molester Jerry Sandusky has been hit with a new complaint, this one filed by his daughter-in-law, who claims he abused one of his grandchildren.
    The complaint was filed with Centre County's Children and Youth Services by the wife of one of his adopted sons, Sandusky's lawyer told ABC News.
    More at link.

It just keeps getting worse.

Elite Member

I know I'm not the only who has wondered if he abused any of the foster kids/adopted kids who were part of his life. I'm sure there are some pedophiles who abuse others' children but not their own--and I've been wondering which camp he falls into.

Considering the shit spewing from Sandusky's lawyer's mouth, I think anyone who was abused by JS does an immense service to the other victims by coming forward and testifying. I know JS's attorney is only 'doing his job' but the kids who were abused need the support of other victims. I hate what this POS and his POS attorney are doing to kids who were already victimized once.

Remember though that Amendola also impregnanted a 16 year old girl while he was representing her in an emancipation suit. He was 49 (?) at the time. They're now divorcing.

Elite Member

That article is a complete about-face from one Sports Illustrated just ran on the school. Interesting. Special report on Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, Penn State scandal - SI.com - Magazine
    I don't see the 2 articles as that incongruous. Turchetta and the principle knew they were taking on a powerful dynasty if they reported the abuse. They were soiling their own reputations, as well. They probably laid out all the pros and cons for Mother One, which would have offended me, too.

The SI article does report that coach and principle let the kid be taken off campus by Sandusky many times. So that jives.

The questionable incident is Turchetta announcing the name of the victim to other parents. Small town, tight-knit, social policy? Given everything else I've read about this case, it seems sadly possible. Yes, the mother should shut up now (though how one tells an outraged mother who finally gets a chance at justice to shut up, I don't know.)

I wouldn't call Turchetta a hero for giving honest testimony to the Grand Jury or following a mother's desire to report abuse.

Much of the cover-up participation, by EVERYONE, has its roots in homophobia and the paralyzing fear amongst men to be perceived as gay. Turchetta, et al, probably thought they were protecting these boys on that level, since the misconception that pedophile rape is gay sex might ruin the boys lives forever (in a small town like that.)

Such an ugly mentality that our culture still carries, that isn't going to disappear unless we banish homophobia and the laziness of thinking that child rape is the same as same sex attraction.

BTW, beautifully written article. So many great writers gravitate to sports these days.

you kick a 70-some year old lady out of a pool? The Paternos have donated millions of dollars to PSU (good or bad). Letting her swim in a pool is hardly a ringing character endorsement from the school.
    They ban an old lady but had no problem with giving Sandusky free access for decades. Not helping Penn States reputation there, very misguided, I feel for her.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Thread Information