Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Huge sexual abuse scandal (against little boys) coming out of Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Maybe. Because of the timing of the transfer and if he has personal liability (which would be a stretch because he's probably a state employee and he met his legal obligation) and if they filed for divorce - anything he transferred could be protected because he wasn't imminently facing personal liability or it could be brought back into his assets available for collection as a fraudulent transfer if they never really intended to divorce (or did but were still living together) and there was no other legitimate reason for the transfer, like estate planning between spouses.

But simply putting assets into a trust of which you are the beneficiary is a vehicle to do tax planning and avoid probate, but is not a protection against creditors. The only way to protect against your creditors is to transfer your property away and not get any benefit from the assets anymore. Since he's presumably still living in the home, that would shoot that all to shit.
    He is 84 and she is a lot younger. Maybe that was a wise move in case he starts going downhill mentally or physically?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Documents filed in Centre County, Pa., show that on July 21, Paterno’s house near campus was turned over to “Suzanne P. Paterno, trustee” for a dollar plus “love and affection.” The couple had previously held joint ownership of the house, which they bought in 1969 for $58,000.
    Erm, this was probably worded to sound all wholesome and lovey-dovey, but phrased differently, isn't exchanging love for property, in a word, prostitution? And exchanging affection/loyalty for property, in a word, bribing? Not that prostitution wouldn't be a step up for this guy. How would you enforce such a contract or ensure that the exchange was "paid" properly? Or does it even matter when the judges/courts/power system are in your pocket anyway?

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    He is 84 and she is a lot younger.
    she is? she looks just as old and grizzled as he does.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    she is? she looks just as old and grizzled as he does.
    I think I read she was 13 years younger. Can't remember where.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

In most states a person's homestead is off limits to creditors unless they're the mortgage company, but that only applies to one home. Is there more than one house? Anyway, I just assume the motivation for everything everyone involved in this does is shady.

Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    In most states a person's homestead is off limits to creditors unless they're the mortgage company, but that only applies to one home. Is there more than one house? Anyway, I just assume the motivation for everything everyone involved in this does is shady.

Posted from my iPhone
    PA provides no homestead protection.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

I just saw Mike McQueary interviewed. He was actually smiling and laughed once. Sure it could have been nerves, but if I were in his situation I would be dead ass somber. The guy is loathsome.

Word from some PSU profs is that the Paterno statue is going to be taken down. Bold, bold move mid season. The powers that be must know something more.

fgg

Review: Joe Paterno in line for $500k/year pension

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno's long service at the university theoretically puts him in line for a pension of more than $500,000 a year, according to an Associated Press analysis of state public pension records.

Paterno's pension records obtained Tuesday from the State Employees' Retirement System credit him with more than 60 years in the system. The formula used to determine benefits makes him eligible for a pension equal to 100 percent of the average of his three highest-salary years.

His pay rose from $541,000 to $568,000 over the past three full calendar years.

When Paterno retires, he will have to make a set of choices to determine his pension, including whether to designate a survivor to receive benefits after he dies and whether to obtain a one-time, lump-sum payment of his own contributions.

State Employees' Retirement System spokeswoman Pamela Hile said Internal Revenue Code and Retirement Code benefit limits may also apply, so the agency does not issue estimated pension benefits ahead of time. There also is a long-service supplement that could boost Paterno to 110 percent of his final average salary.

A 2006 report on Pennsylvania state pensions said the largest pension at that time within SERS was $254,000, being collected by a Penn State surgery professor who had withdrawn a $554,000 lump sum.

The New York Times also reported Tuesday night that Paterno transferred full ownership of his house to his wife, Sue, for $1 in July. The couple had previously held joint ownership of the house. Paterno's attorney Wick Sollers told the paper in an e-mail that the transfer had nothing to do with the scandal but was part of an ongoing "multiyear estate planning program."

In other developments Tuesday, ousted Penn State University president Graham Spanier resigned from the board at U.S. Steel. And the Department of Defense accepted his resignation from the board of advisers of the Naval Postgraduate School.

Spanier had been a member of the Pittsburgh-based steelmaker's board of directors since 2008.

Paterno, 84, lost his job as head football coach last week after his onetime top assistant Jerry Sandusky was charged with sexually abusing boys, including some on campus, for more than 15 years.

Paterno has not been charged with any crime, and state prosecutors have said he is not a target. But he has come under criticism for how he responded when a graduate assistant said he saw Sandusky sexually attacking a boy in the football team locker room shower. A grand jury report said Paterno contacted the athletic director but did not go to police, and he has said he wishes he had done more.

Sandusky has denied the allegations against him, acknowledging he showered with young boys and hugged them but saying his behavior was nothing more than horseplay. He told NBC News' "Rock Center" on Monday that he is not a pedophile but should not have showered with the boys he's charged with sexually assaulting.

The retirement system also confirmed Tuesday that Sandusky collects a $59,000 annual pension and withdrew $148,000 upon retirement.

fgg

Ex-PSU Grad Assistant Matt Paknis On WFAN: Paterno Knows Everything

A former child-abuse victim himself, former football grad assistant Matt Paknis believes Joe Paterno knew about Jerry Sandusky’s alleged sexual abuse against children years ago.

Paknis joined WFAN’s Mike Francesa on Tuesday to talk about his time at Penn State.

Paknis was a graduate assistant on the Nittany Lions football staff in 1987 and 1988. He says Sandusky exhibited questionable behavior towards the players back then.

As a childhood victim of sexual abuse, he said he remembered thinking how inappropriate it was when he saw Sandusky tickle and pinch little boys during football camps, sometimes putting them in headlocks.

“I thought it was a boundary issue, more than anything else,” Paknis said.

Paknis described Paterno’s rule over the Penn State campus as absolute. “I think he had more power in the state of Pennsylvania than anybody.”

When asked about the possibility that Paterno could not be aware of reports on Sandusky’s behavior Paknis said it was “impossible.”

“Joe knows everything,” he said.

Paknis also said that he could envision a scenario where Paterno attempted to cover up Sandusky’s actions.

Ex-PSU Grad Assistant Matt Paknis On WFAN: Paterno Knows Everything « CBS New York

Another ex-PSU coach was on the Paul Finebaum show yesterday. He also went on record saying he thought Sandusky was "goofy." He said while he coudln't make the leap to these allegations, they made some sense. He said he was inappropriate and would giggle a lot.

fgg

^creepy, giggling pedo? yikes.

i know this is horrible but his teeth freak me out. just by his grill alone i could have told you something wasn't right with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Another ex-PSU coach was on the Paul Finebaum show yesterday. He also went on record saying he thought Sandusky was "goofy." He said while he coudln't make the leap to these allegations, they made some sense. He said he was inappropriate and would giggle a lot.
    His interview was the worst move, PR wise. He's just a weirdo. Breathy when speaking and pausing when asked straight forward questions. His defense attorney must be out of his mind letting him loose like that. Then they kept showing his photo with that bloody looking scab on his nose and his pointy teeth! Ugh.

There was one point where they cut away to Costas and Amendola. It was right after BC asked if JS was attracted to boys. Amendola swallowed hard and it looked like BC was revolted.

One of my co-workers is a Penn State grad and he is absolutely sick about this scandal. He was calling for Paterno to go as soon as the story broke. I think the younger generation of Penn State students and alumni want this entire story exposed and the people responsible for the coverup to be held accountable. The resistance to investigating what Paterno knew and when did he know it is coming from the older generation of alumni that just want the story to go away.

Thread Information