Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Huge sexual abuse scandal (against little boys) coming out of Penn State

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

the weird part is that he's not really protesting. an interview with me regarding charges like that would have a completely different tone.
    That's the point one expert made in the film Capturing the Friedmans. Arnold Friedman, the pedo, gives some of the strangest interviews and excuses, none of which are a clear protestation of innocence. He never says "This never happened."

These pedos don't believe they did anything wrong to these kids. Their testimony and interviews betray that fact. They always center on their fond emotions and their love of horseplay, how could any child not want to be loved?

It really is the strangest phenomena. It's impossible to convince these sick bastards that what they did is WRONG.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    one other thing was that bob asked him about why he apologized about his "private area" touching one of the kids. sandusky said something like i didn't do anything but if he felt i did then i wanted to apologize. why was his naked private area near a god damn kid?!

the weird part is that he's not really protesting. an interview with me regarding charges like that would have a completely different tone.
    In the sports world, a lot has been made about the fact that he resigned from PSU in 1999 and was never pursued for another job. Apparently even having a soul made of dog shit does not preclude one from being a good coach and my understanding is that Sandusky was a good coach. Other colleges/professional teams will forgive just about anything if it nets them a good coach or player. So if he was pursued and PSU put the kybosh on any inquiries, they knew and they knew everything. If he wasn't pursued, it's because everyone knew. You don't just disappear from your chosen profession at the peak of your career, when there is potential advancement available, and still just hang around.

I just cannot wrap my head around the meetings that must have taken place in 1998 and 2002 - how in the world presumably intelligent people could determine that some short term bad press was a greater evil than allowing this guy to continue to hang around and bring kids around the school/program and travel with kids, still be involved with the charity, etc. without even getting to the issue of protecting children from a predator. It is antithetical to any level of common sense.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

And - what had these kids keep this all to themselves all this time? How much was paid out?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    In the sports world, a lot has been made about the fact that he resigned from PSU in 1999 and was never pursued for another job. Apparently even having a soul made of dog shit does not preclude one from being a good coach and my understanding is that Sandusky was a good coach. Other colleges/professional teams will forgive just about anything if it nets them a good coach or player. So if he was pursued and PSU put the kybosh on any inquiries, they knew and they knew everything. If he wasn't pursued, it's because everyone knew. You don't just disappear from your chosen profession at the peak of your career, when there is potential advancement available, and still just hang around.

I just cannot wrap my head around the meetings that must have taken place in 1998 and 2002 - how in the world presumably intelligent people could determine that some short term bad press was a greater evil than allowing this guy to continue to hang around and bring kids around the school/program and travel with kids, still be involved with the charity, etc. without even getting to the issue of protecting children from a predator. It is antithetical to any level of common sense.
    I was in Virginia this weekend and the story floating there is that UVA offered a job to Sandusky and he turned it down saying he didn't want to leave PA and his charity.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Bronze Member

Well...of course not, would a great white steer away from a current that was always providing fresh seals.

I'm fascinated how someone can look even more guilty while declaring his innocence. Sandusky's lawyer should never have him do that interview, because this is also all available for usage in court.

Interesting. Paterno sold his house to Mrs. Paterno for $1 in July.

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Joe Paterno transferred full ownership of his house to his wife, Sue, for $1 in July, less than four months before a sexual abuse scandal engulfed his Penn State football program and the university.

Documents filed in Centre County, Pa., show that on July 21, Paterno’s house near campus was turned over to “Suzanne P. Paterno, trustee” for a dollar plus “love and affection.” The couple had previously held joint ownership of the house, which they bought in 1969 for $58,000.

According to documents filed with the county, the house’s fair-market value was listed at $594,484.40. Wick Sollers, a lawyer for Paterno, said in an e-mail that the Paternos had been engaged in a “multiyear estate planning program,” and the transfer “was simply one element of that plan.” He said it had nothing to do with the scandal.

Paterno, who was fired as the football coach at the university last week, has been judged harshly by many for failing to take more aggressive action when he learned of a suspected sexual assault of a child by one of his former top assistants.

Some legal experts, in trying to gauge the legal exposure of the university and its top officials to lawsuits brought by suspected victims of the assistant, Jerry Sandusky, have theorized that Paterno could be a target of civil actions. On Nov. 5, Sandusky, Penn State’s former defensive coordinator, was charged with 40 counts related to the reported sexual abuse of eight boys over 15 years. Paterno, 84, was among those called to give testimony before a grand jury during the investigation, which began in 2009.

Experts in estate planning and tax law, in interviews, cautioned that it would be hard to determine the Paternos’ motivation simply from the available documents. It appears the family house had been the subject of years of complex and confusing transactions.

Lawrence A. Frolik, a law professor at the University of Pittsburgh who specializes in elder law, said that he had “never heard” of a husband selling his share of a house for $1 to his spouse for tax or government assistance purposes.

“I can’t see any tax advantages,” Frolik said. “If someone told me that, my reaction would be, ‘Are they hoping to shield assets in case if there’s personal liability?’ ” He added, “It sounds like an attempt to avoid personal liability in having assets in his wife’s name.”

Two lawyers examined the available documents in recent days. Neither wanted to be identified because they were not directly involved in the case or the property transaction. One of the experts said it appeared to be an explicit effort to financially shield Joe Paterno. The other regarded the July transaction, at least on its face, as benign.

Last Wednesday, the university’s board of trustees fired Paterno and Graham B. Spanier, the university’s president.

In 2002, Mike McQueary, then a graduate assistant in the football program, told Paterno that he had seen Sandusky with a boy in the football building’s showers. How explicit McQueary was in describing what he saw is in dispute. But according to state prosecutors, Paterno testified under oath that McQueary had told him that he had seen Sandusky doing something of a sexual nature to a roughly 10-year-old boy.

Paterno did not report the incident to the police or encourage McQueary to make such a report. Instead, he passed along the allegation the next day to the university’s athletic department and one other senior administrator.

On the day he was fired last week, Paterno said he and his wife were praying for the victims, described the events as a tragedy and admitted that he wished he had done more in 2002.

“Coach Paterno wants to tell his side of the story and answer questions, and I am hopeful he will be able to do so down the road,” said Sollers, Paterno’s lawyer.

The lawyer whose name is attached to the latest matter involving the couple’s house is David C. Pohland of Cassidy, Kotjarapoglus & Pohland of Greensburg, Pa. Pohland did not return a telephone message on Tuesday. The maiden name of Sue Paterno, who is 13 years younger than her husband, is Pohland. It was uncertain if there was any relation between her and the lawyer.

Nate Schweber and Jo Becker contributed reporting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/sp...or-1.html?_r=2

I want these bastards dead in a fire.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'll weigh in as an estate planning attorney here, there is nothing nefarious about transferring assets between spouses. Under the current tax law, it's a little less common to try to equalize assets between spouses to take the most advantage of the estate tax laws, but this is totally normal. I don't think I've ever written a deed that used "$1 plus love and affection," we usually use $10, but this could very easily be a Penna convention. I really think this is just estate planning with an eye towards his retirement.

I'll also say that Professor Frolik is quoted as a fucking moron in this article. He didn't sell the house to his wife, he transferred it. He's still (presumably) still living in it.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

It may well be. Rich people do things I'd never thing of. LOL Still, it's a bit suspect. He knew about all of this months ago. He also knew it had to come to a head at some point. There has to be some element of protecting himself.

But you can't protect your own liability by transferring assets to your spouse, and if it's to a trust, he is probably a beneficiary of that trust somewhere along the line to take advantage of the estate tax laws and exemptions. If he were hiding assets or protecting himself from liability, he would not transfer his home, which is usually protected against forfeiture even under a bankruptcy. He would have set up accounts in the Cayman Islands or set up a corporation and if he really wanted it to hold up as asset protection planning, his house definitely would not be transferred.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

it really depends on the state. In Texas $10 is the standard Warranty Deed w/out a Lien. This tactic is used often in which property is transferred from an individual to different entities so as to hide assets. Same as when people create multiple corporate entities (limited partnerships to llc's) thus the need for piercing of "the corporate veil" I wouldn't doubt Paterno was up to something with the property transfer, unless they also drafter new wills and wanted that specific property to got to a specific person but only from Mrs. Paterno, I see no need for the exchange other than an attempt to "hide" assets.

They're all shady pieces of shit.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Sorry JKM, you're just wrong on this one. I don't have a single client in which we set up simple revocable trusts in which we didn't transfer assets between spouses in order to equalize estates, not one. Until the 2010 tax law which gave exemption portability, if one spouse's assets were far greater than the other spouse and the "poorer" spouse didn't have sufficient assets to meet the existing exemption, we always transferred assets (and the easiest IS the house) to bring the poorer spouse up to the exemption. Plus there's no way he transferred the house by warranty deed, I'd bet my license it was a quit claim deed. I've never even drafted a warranty deed that listed the actual sales price.

Finally, yes state laws differ, but you simply cannot hide assets successfully with your spouse who you are lawfully married to.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

You can if they know shit is going down and yall file for divorce and she takes what is in her name, right?

Hell if I know (gawd my typos are egregious) but I know Texas and the shit people pull starts with a transfer to another w/ no lien, then it goes to an entity then to another entity and the original owners are far far far far removed partners of the limited partnership that is the managing member of another partnership that is managing member of so on and so forth.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Maybe. Because of the timing of the transfer and if he has personal liability (which would be a stretch because he's probably a state employee and he met his legal obligation) and if they filed for divorce - anything he transferred could be protected because he wasn't imminently facing personal liability or it could be brought back into his assets available for collection as a fraudulent transfer if they never really intended to divorce (or did but were still living together) and there was no other legitimate reason for the transfer, like estate planning between spouses.

But simply putting assets into a trust of which you are the beneficiary is a vehicle to do tax planning and avoid probate, but is not a protection against creditors. The only way to protect against your creditors is to transfer your property away and not get any benefit from the assets anymore. Since he's presumably still living in the home, that would shoot that all to shit.

Thread Information