Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Huge sexual abuse scandal (against little boys) coming out of Penn State

One thing is - and this is all over Detroit sports radio today - Sandusky left PSU in 1999 and the alleged abuse is reported/seen in 2002. Paterno is notified, notifies Curley (the AD), who does nothing. Okay, why do you notify your school's AD when the abuser no longer works there? From what I'm hearing, Paterno and Sandusky are pals - I smell a cover up here. You cover this up, notify no authorities who act on it, and this guy continues on his merry way to abuse more kids thru this foundation - all in the name of "friendship"?? God help us.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Ya know, I loved JoPa. I have played this though in mind all weekend thinking well maybe when JoPa reported it, they investigated internally and the boy said nothing happened and it was a misunderstanding so they all let it drop. Then I come right back to reality that they were not the proper people to make any decisions. The law is clear. The police should have been called then. No excuse can be accepted.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    THIS!

Everyone, except for the one mother who reported the abuse (and was believed for once), thought these little boys were disposable in exchange for a great football team.

Fry fuckers! All of them.
    I have a daughter in high school and we have a running joke/rant about football players. I am sure some of them are just fine, but even in our small town with a football team that sucks, a boy who plays football but is otherwise a total loser gets an absolute pass. I asked my daughter the other day if she wanted to go to the weekly game and she said, yeah, so I can cheer for those assholes who sit around in study hall and brag about all the chicks they fuck. I took that as a 'no.'

From CNN (I just got a text from them):
    Penn State Athletic Director Timothy Curley, 57, and Gary Schultz, 62, the university's senior vice president for finance and business, face charges of one count of perjury each.

They stepped down late Sunday after an emergency meeting of the university's board of trustees. They were expected to turn themselves in Monday.

Curley and Schultz "allegedly failed to report the sexual assault of a young boy after the information was brought to their attention, and later made false statements to a grand jury that was investigating a series of assaults on young boys," Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly said over the weekend.

Sandusky has known about the allegations for three years, the lawyer said.
    "Jerry feels like because of his background and reputation it took a long time to reach this conclusion and he's been ready for it," Amendola told WJAC.
    Here's the full link.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    THIS!

What terrifies me about these all-male institutions with so much power and authority is what they hide in order to maintain their domain. Obviously, the GA and his father were too invested to rock the boat of a prize college football dynasty. They couldn't take this to the cops for fear of ruining Penn States rep. No sympathy here, fuckers.

Everyone, except for the one mother who reported the abuse (and was believed for once), thought these little boys were disposable in exchange for a great football team.

Fry fuckers! All of them.
    Pretty sure PSU is not a single sex institution.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

fgg

^i took institution to mean "football". like saying marriage is an institution.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Gee, you'd think those kids would've learned something from Jerry Sandusky and utilized a Prevent Defense against him.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

About the grad assistant who didn't intervene when he witnessed the abuse, I can only imagine how horrifying it would be to walk in on someone sexually abusing a minor. Disturbingly enough I had a dream about exactly that just last night and I guess it's cowardice but in the dream, I froze in horror--I was so incredibly scared at what I was seeing that I felt threatened myself--I had to walk away first, and had a couple moments of denial before I dialed 911. Sure, it was just a dream, but to me it spoke to how powerful the denial impulse is, the need to want to believe it's not true because it's so horrible.

fgg

Penn State coach Joe Paterno says he was only told witness had seen Jerry Sandusky doing 'something inappropriate' in the shower

Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno released a statement today regarding the child sex abuse charges filed against his former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, saying "If this is true we were all fooled."

Perjury and failure to report charges were also filed against university Athletic Director Tim Curley and Vice President for business and finance, Gary Schultz, after prosecutors say they ignored a report in 2002 from then-graduate assistant Mike McQueary that McQueary had witnessed Sandusky performing a sex act with a boy in the Penn State football locker room.

Paterno, 84, told Curley about what McQueary witnessed, but said in his statement that he was never told the specifics of what McQueary saw.

This is the statement, in full:

"If true, the nature and amount of charges made are very shocking to me and all Penn Staters. While I did what I was supposed to with the one charge brought to my attention, like anyone else involved I can't help but be deeply saddened these matters are alleged to have occurred.

"Sue and I have devoted our lives to helping young people reach their potential. The fact that someone we thought we knew might have harmed young people to this extent is deeply troubling. If this is true we were all fooled, along with scores of professionals trained in such things, and we grieve for the victims and their families. They are in our prayers.

"As my grand jury testimony stated, I was informed in 2002 by an assistant coach that he had witnessed an incident in the shower of our locker room facility. It was obvious that the witness was distraught over what he saw, but he at no time related to me the very specific actions contained in the Grand Jury report. Regardless, it was clear that the witness saw something inappropriate involving Mr. Sandusky. As Coach Sandusky was retired from our coaching staff at that time, I referred the matter to university administrators.

"I understand that people are upset and angry, but let's be fair and let the legal process unfold. In the meantime I would ask all Penn Staters to continue to trust in what that name represents, continue to pursue their lives every day with high ideals and not let these events shake their beliefs nor who they are."

this case makes me want to vomit.

Why in the world would the AD cover this up? Sandusky didn't even work for them anymore. He put the entire athletics program in jeopardy to ignore a complaint against a former employee who they continued to allow access to their facilities? Is this guy really that stupid? And the graduate student went on to accept a job after seeing and reporting what he saw, still coming across Sandusky knowing who and what he is? How in the hell do you look yourself in the mirror for the last 10 years?

It's been a while since I said it, but I really really hate people.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Why in the world would the AD cover this up? Sandusky didn't even work for them anymore. He put the entire athletics program in jeopardy to ignore a complaint against a former employee who they continued to allow access to their facilities? Is this guy really that stupid? And the graduate student went on to accept a job after seeing and reporting what he saw, still coming across Sandusky knowing who and what he is? How in the hell do you look yourself in the mirror for the last 10 years?

It's been a while since I said it, but I really really hate people.
    $$$$$$$$. Because Penn State is known principally for its football program (anyone else tell me something else you think of when you hear "Penn State"?), and you don't shut down or fuck with your moneymaker. Doesn't matter if he didn't work there anymore - he was still using the premises, courtesy of Paterno and the AD. He was seen in the PSU locker room shower having anal sex with a juvenile by the GA, and he's a pal of Paterno's (and evidently the AD too). From what I'm hearing over the radio, the GA reported it in detail to Paterno, who went to the AD and did not report all the details. They gotta fire Paterno - and today.

Sandusky was caught outside his house by the media today - wearing PSU coach clothing, like he still belongs there. This entire thing is sickening, just sickening.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    So horrible, I gagged when I read through the file. Those poor little boys.

i can't even think about reading it right now.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    $$$$$$$$. Because Penn State is known principally for its football program (anyone else tell me something else you think of when you hear "Penn State"?), and you don't shut down or fuck with your moneymaker. Doesn't matter if he didn't work there anymore - he was still using the premises, courtesy of Paterno and the AD. He was seen in the PSU locker room shower having anal sex with a juvenile by the GA, and he's a pal of Paterno's (and evidently the AD too). From what I'm hearing over the radio, the GA reported it in detail to Paterno, who went to the AD and did not report all the details. They gotta fire Paterno - and today.

Sandusky was caught outside his house by the media today - wearing PSU coach clothing, like he still belongs there. This entire thing is sickening, just sickening.

I'm hearing that the Grand Jury testimony does not indicate that the GA gave Paterno any details. I want to know if Paterno continued to maintain a friendship with this man after the allegations were made. They will not fire JoPa and he will not resign.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    "As my grand jury testimony stated, I was informed in 2002 by an assistant coach that he had witnessed an incident in the shower of our locker room facility. It was obvious that the witness was distraught over what he saw, but he at no time related to me the very specific actions contained in the Grand Jury report. Regardless, it was clear that the witness saw something inappropriate involving Mr. Sandusky. As Coach Sandusky was retired from our coaching staff at that time, I referred the matter to university administrators.
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I'm hearing that the Grand Jury testimony does not indicate that the GA gave Paterno any details.
    see above

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post

Read above.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information