Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Huge sexual abuse scandal (against little boys) coming out of Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Don't have an exact answer for you but I've read he has a few of his own and adopted a few (or several) more from Second Mile.

I've intentionally stayed away from the details in the last few days but if I remember right, his wife tried to contact one of the victims and ask them not to testify for the grand jury report.
    i don't think he had bio kids. all the media i read about said he had 6 adopted kids, as well as fostered many more kids from second mile. i think a few of the adopted started out as foster kids from second mile, then he went on and adopted them. poor things.

What kind of coward watches a 10-year-old boy, or girl, or anyone, being raped and walks away! And HE was traumatized? I wouldn't let an animal be treated like that!

I have a niece and two high school friends who have graduated Penn State, and they are all Rah-Rah-Rah Penn State! This school is SO about football money that it will sacrifice young men to being raped. Sometimes, the cover up is even worse than the crime.
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

Elite Member

In very few situations is it defense able to watch child rap and walk away. This is not one. How anyone can defend anyone but the victims is beyond me, thankfully I work with almost all females, most if whom are mothers and understand they are sick twisted monsters, not heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    I had a lovely argument about Joe today,
    Idiot- did you know he's been in football since the 40's?
    Me-Did you know he's been letting kids get abused about that long?
    Idiot-But that's not the point.
    Me-Yes it fucking is
    Idiot-no think about it
    Me-fuck you I'm leaving
    Jesus! That is whats scary about all this. There are so many stupid fucks that think because he was a great coach, his failings should be overlooked. These college football programs in the big 10 have made itself seem more important than decency.

I have a feeling that this story will get a lot worse as time goes on. You do have to wonder about the boys he brought into the home from Second Mile and then adopted. It would seem that he hand picked some boys to have at home, for easy and convient access. Sick fucker...

Edit: Google says that Sundusky adopted 6 kids, 5 boys and 1 girl, through Second Mile. Plus, they fostered many kids over the years, also from Second Mile, and a majority were boys.

fgg

the judge who let sandusky out on $100k bail donates time to second mile...this shit stinks to high heaven!

ETA:

Judge Who Set Unsecured Bail For Jerry Sandusky Is A Second Mile Volunteer

When Jerry Sandusky was initially arraigned, as previously reported by Sara Ganim, prosecutors requested $500,000.00 bail and that Sandusky be required to wear a leg monitor. District Judge Leslie Dutchcot, however, ordered that Sandusky be freed on $100,000 unsecured bail. She ordered that Sandusky be freed and pay nothing unless he failed to show up for a court hearing.

Judge Dutchcot has quite the professional resume. In addition to her duties as district judge, she is of counsel to the firm Goodall & Yurchak. It speaks to the small-town nature of the county, I suppose, that the firm's URL is "centrelaw.com." According to her profile, Judge Dutchcot has been named the State College Lawyer of the Year, completed a "Leadership" program and has served as a counselor at Centre County Law Enforcement Camp Cadet, Inc.

Of course, also according to her profile, Judge Dutchcot is a volunteer for Sandusky's group, The Second Mile. Sandusky turned himself in the morning of Nov. 5, a Saturday, at Judge Dutchot's Centre County office. He was released, under the aforementioned terms, shortly thereafter.

Attorneys often serve charitable foundations in their pro bono capacities, or just volunteer in their spare time, so there is nothing weird about that. It just seems that, given the nature of the charges, the small-town atmosphere, and her relationship to Second Mile, Judge Dutchcot should have recused herself from being involved with this process. Or that could be precisely why she did not.
    Last edited by fgg; November 14th, 2011 at 09:09 AM.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

That whole area needs blown the fuck up! Sounds like the coverup has ran DEEP for years!

Yep, and some of his old players have a defense fund started for him too. Sick.

MaryK, not picking on you because I think we're on the same page but, give me any reason at all that it's ok to walk away from that kid. People keep saying there might be some situations when it's acceptable. I can't find any.

It's a bad time to be in the BIG, for sure. We have so many DB coaches right now. I have no idea what's happened.

I know 2 men who played at PSU in the late 70s - early 80s. Both have been friends of Paterno for years and still go to all the home games. This weekend both told me they are not supporting Paterno and are happy he was fired. As the one said, "as a player that man protected me like a bear to make sure I had all I needed to play and graduate. How could he have not protected these kids?" I am finding it fascinating the the younger alumni are more supportive. Maybe growing up and becoming a parent has allowed the older alumni to see it in a better perspective.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I know 2 men who played at PSU in the late 70s - early 80s. Both have been friends of Paterno for years and still go to all the home games. This weekend both told me they are not supporting Paterno and are happy he was fired. As the one said, "as a player that man protected me like a bear to make sure I had all I needed to play and graduate. How could he have not protected these kids?" I am finding it fascinating the the younger alumni are more supportive. Maybe growing up and becoming a parent has allowed the older alumni to see it in a better perspective.
    Yes, one of the Dallas Cowboys is from PSU and he said he supports the little kids and all but said the same. I don't think many of his older players are giving him the time of day.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I had heard that some of his old players were starting a fund for Sandusky's legal fees.

They are. I'll find a link. Pretty loathesome.
    From ESPN:

Penn State Scandal
    Former Penn State receiver and running back Rich Mauti organized what he hopes will be one of the largest gatherings of former Nittany Lions players to stand on the sideline ever, in an effort to show support for their embattled program.

Mauti sent emails to more than 800 former Nittany Lions and asked them to attend 12th-ranked Penn State's home finale against No. 19 Nebraska on Saturday. He wants players who took pride in wearing the school's classic blue-and-white uniforms, and fondly represented their university years after they played their final down, to return their thanks to a program -- not just former coach Joe Paterno -- that gave them so much.

By midweek, Mauti said about 75 players had agreed to attend.

"It's for the kids that have to go out there on Saturday," said Mauti, who played under Paterno from 1974 to 1976 and went on to play in the NFL. "It's a show of support for that. It's not going to be banners and flags and bands. It's going to be the Penn State Way. It's going to be our presence. Hopefully, we get enough guys there that will mean something."

Mauti emphasized he's not forgetting or minimizing the scandal and possible cover-up centered on former defensive coordiator and one-time head coach heir apparent Jerry Sandusky.

Paterno and university president Graham Spanier were fired Wednesday in the fallout of a shocking grand jury report alleging repeated, illicit contact between Sandusky and boys as young as 10.

"I'm not condoning any activities that have been alleged. That's not the purpose," Mauti said. "I'm trying to get everyone that has been through that program, that has had a positive experience, to support the kids and the program and the school at this juncture."

Former Penn State linebacker Buddy Tesner said he will be there to watch a game between two teams jostling for a Big Ten divisional title. Tesner played from 1971 to 1975 and went on to found the Football Letterman's Club.

"I think it's a great idea to rally the troops to support the team as much as anyone else," Tesner said. "At the same time, we're being very careful to make sure that we respect and understand the families that have been affected by all this. We're not making a statement of innocence or guilt."

No, but another former Nittany Lion said he hasn't forgotten Sandusky, even as the former assistant coach stands accused of having sex with young boys.

Sam Stellatella, a three-position player in the 1950s, has donated money to Sandusky's defense and urged other former players to do the same.

"I told him he's going to need a million dollars to defend himself," the 73-year-old Stellatella said. "He called me back and said, 'What am I going to do with this money?' I said, 'Use it for your lawyer because you're going to need it.' "

Stellatella sent Sandusky $100. He wrote personal letters to other members of the 1959 Liberty Bowl team that defeated a Bear Bryant-coached Alabama team and asked they also donate. He does not know how much money was raised.

"I know some of the guys sent money," Stellatella told The Associated Press. "Here's the thing, these are horrendous charges against him. But he's still entitled to his day in court. Everybody's prejudged him. He's done horrendous damage to Paterno and (athletic director Tim) Curley and the football program. I don't listen to the news and I don't read the reports of what he did because I would get too upset.

"But he's still entitled to his day in court."

That's a lone stance among a group of players who have been quick to distance themselves from Sandusky.

Brad Benson, a former Penn State offensive lineman who won a Super Bowl with the New York Giants, was not invited to attend the game. He said he wouldn't go anyway -- and had no problem with his fellow former Nittany Lions presenting a unified front -- as long as they remembered the true victims of this case.

"I sure wouldn't want it be a show of solidarity for Joe," he said.

Benson spoke in anger about Paterno's actions and, more troubling, the reaction of unruly students who toppled a television news van, rioted and attempted arson after a peaceful demonstration Wednesday night turned ugly.

"There are people right now that are supporting Joe. They are rioting and doing things they shouldn't be doing," he said. "I equate these students that are rioting to the occupiers on New York City right now. They're not mature enough to understand why they're rioting. They weren't there when this happened. What are they protesting? They're protesting that someone with a tremendous responsibility failed to fulfill his moral responsibility, and other people failed as well."

Sources told ESPN that as a way to possibly honor Paterno, some current Penn State players have discussed bringing a game ball to the fired coach's house if the team defeats Nebraska.

They're removing Paterno's name from the Big Ten trophy too: http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssport...32522/33310400

Former Penn State coach Joe Paterno's name has been removed from the Big Ten's football championship trophy, league commissioner Jim Delany said Monday.

The league announced in light of the series of events that have recently unfolded at Penn State, including grand jury indictments, an ongoing grand jury investigation, a U.S. Department of Education investigation, the Board of Trustees’ dismissal of Paterno and the Board of Trustees’ appointment of a Special Investigation Committee, it would remove Paterno’s name from the championship trophy.

The trophy will be awarded at the Big Ten's inaugural football championship game Dec. 3 in Indianapolis.

“We believe that it would be inappropriate to keep Joe Paterno’s name on the trophy at this time,” Delany said. “The trophy and its namesake are intended to be celebratory and aspirational, not controversial. We believe that it’s important to keep the focus on the players and the teams that will be competing in the inaugural championship game.”
    The trophy to be presented in Indianapolis next month will now be called the "Stagg Championship Trophy," named after Amos Alonzo Stagg, who coached football at the University of Chicago, a founding member of the Big Ten, from 1892-1932. Stagg compiled a 199-94-22 record while the University of Chicago was a member of the Big Ten, including national championships in 1905 and 1913.

The great grandson of Stagg, Robert Stagg of Grand Rapids, Mich., said Monday the family deferred to the Big Ten on the decision. Stagg told CBSSports.com last week the family would have issues with the trophy's name if Paterno was found "complicit" in the Sandusky scandal.

"We as a family are deferring to them (Big Ten). It was a proper thing to do," Robert Stagg told CBSSports.com. "They have a lot more people to consider things. I pretty much let them steer the whole process. They were aware we were interested in how things were going to play out."

Asked for a reaction to Paterno's name being removed from the trophy, Stagg said: "I still think it’s too early in the process to make a judgement. It’s such an unfortunate situation. I just have a feeling there is a lot more coming out."

Paterno was fired on Wednesday night for his failure to notify police about the sexual abuse allegations of former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

Saturday, in Penn State's first game since Paterno was fired - the Nittany Lions' first without Paterno as head coach since 1966 and the first game since Nov. 19, 1949, Paterno was neither a Penn State head coach or assistant - the Nittany Lions lost to Nebraska 17-14.

However, the Nittany Lions (8-1, 5-2 Big Ten) still lead the Big Ten's Leaders Division by one-game over Wisconsin (8-2, 4-2). Penn State visits Ohio State Saturday and Wisconsin visits Illinois. No matter the outcome of the Penn State-Ohio State contest, if Wisconsin wins at Illinois, the Badgers and Nittany Lions will play Nov. 26 in Madison, Wis., for the Leaders Division title and berth in the inaugural Big Ten championship game. Penn State would clinch the Leaders Division title by beating Ohio State and if Wisconsin lost to Illinois Saturday.

In the Legends Division, Michigan State (8-2, 5-1) owns a one-game lead over Michigan (8-2, 4-2) and Nebraska (8-2, 4-2). The Spartans will win the Legends Division by winning their final two games against Indiana and Northwestern. Nebraska visits Michigan Saturday. Both the Cornhuskers and Wolverines must win out and need a Michigan State loss to have any chance at winning the Legends Division.

Penn State Makes A Banana-Flavored Jerry Sandusky Ice Cream | The Big Lead

You might not know this, but Penn State is pretty well-known for their ice cream. Yes, the Penn State Creamery makes around 100 different flavors and some of them are named after famous Penn State figures. One of those delicious ice cream flavors is named after former defensive coordinator and current Jerry Sandusky. Yes, that would be the same Jerry Sandusky facing felony charges of sexual abuse against minors. Sandusky Blitz – “a banana flavored ice cream with chocolate covered peanuts and caramel swirl.” Screen cap below. You know, just in case the flavor is discontinued.

Please don't blow it out of proportion and make it sound like all these men are raising funds for Sandusky. Only 75 players showed up out of 800 invited and they made it clear they were there to support the team (kids) not Paterno or Sandusky. One crazy old bird sent money and asked others to do the same. The old bird only sent $100 (that won't even cover a phone call with the attorney) but there are no reports of others donating.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Thread Information