Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Huge sexual abuse scandal (against little boys) coming out of Penn State

I think if McQ was an honorable man, he would resign because he's a distraction. But yea, no word on that.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I just heard on the radio that McQ will not be on the field this weekend due to threats of violence. Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    I just heard on the radio that McQ will not be on the field this weekend due to threats of violence. Ya think?
    Plus with that flaming red hair, he'd be an easy target.

I'm curious as to how many people actually knew. People talk. Probably something we'll never know. I can't imagine that it was a well kept secret with so many people in the know.

I would also be interested to hear Mrs. Sandusky's story. How do you stay with a man like that? I think she knew all along what he was doing. Here's an interesting article on that:

How Could Jerry Sandusky's Wife Not Have Known? | The Stir

Penn State Sex Crime Grand Jury Testimony

here is a link to the 23 page grand jury testimony. It is sad and sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet296 View Post

Yipes. Horrendous stuff.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

wow... I have only read about victim #1 and I am so heart sick and angry. SOOOOOO many people dropped the ball and let these boys down. It makes me so ill.

I read this and literally felt sick to my stomach, ready to vomit.

How on Earth could people witness such horrific things and not report it....It is absolutely sick, just sick. Afraid to lose their jobs, I'd be calling 911 like others have said in this thread.

How many more will there be that come forward?

This DA that disappeared is also an interesting twist. I have a feeling there is way more to this entire scandal. Afraif the grand jury testimony is only the tip of the iceberg.

It took a lot of courage for victim #1 to come forward. He was just a scared little boy. Another thing that outrages me is that Sandusky was checking this boy out of school! Why the fuck is he allowed to check this boy out? That piece of shit wasn't family or had permission to do it. They didn't even tell the boy's mother that he did it. The whole thing is vile and despicable. They all knew and did NOTHING!!!

I read the testimony this morning. Sandusky was a predator that apparently a lot of people knew about. The shame of him being allowed to prey on young boys for years and years is covering a lot of people in this whole mess. One person speaking up early on would have brought him to the light a lot earlier than this.

My God! People (police, college, high school, Elem personnell, the DA, DHS,..ect) just let this man do whatever he wanted to these kids. Even after parents had reported the abuse. Jesus....
    Last edited by JadeStar70; November 11th, 2011 at 01:52 PM.

Interesting read from a writer at ESPN. He places a ton of blame at the feet of McQ's dad. I'd argue McQ was 28 at the time and should have acted like a grown man. Whatever. Interesting part highlited but it's a good read overall.

After watching about as much Penn State coverage as I could stomach Wednesday night, I turned off the television, checked to make sure all the doors in the house were locked, poured myself a glass of water, then looked in on my sleeping 14-year-old son.

I knew he was safe, but I just had to make sure.

I'm always making sure.

That's what parents are supposed to do -- worry about their children.

Take care of their children.

Do right by their children.

Mike McQueary played quarterback at Penn State while Jerry Sandusky was still the defensive coordinator.

My mom still looks after me; I look after my son; and, if God sees fit to one day bless him with children of his own, I pray I have not failed him. I pray that I have sewn into his heart the sound sense of morality he needs to look after them.

To do right by them.

Now I do not know exactly what was said between Penn State assistant coach Mike McQueary and his father, John, on March 1, 2002-- the night Mike, then a 28-year-old graduate assistant, told his father that he had witnessed a little boy being raped by Jerry Sandusky in the locker room.

I do not know what they said to each other on March 2 or 3 or in 2004 or even last week.

But after reading the 23-page grand jury report surrounding the Sandusky allegations, I do know this: On the night of March 1, 2002, John did not do right by his son.

Parents are supposed to teach their children right from wrong. From the looks of the report, the elder McQueary let nine years pass without picking up the telephone to tell authorities what he knew, what his son had told him he witnessed.

This, despite being a prominent youth coach himself.

This despite being a father, like his son.

I ask you, what kind of example is that?

"It's not that he's not willing [to talk]," John told The New York Times. "I think it's eating him up not to be able to tell his side, but he's under investigation by the grand jury. He'll make it. He's a tough kid."

I try not to be too hard on the decisions some parents make with regard to raising their kids. Lord knows I don't always get it right. In fact, I'm sure I get a whole lot wrong.

But damn -- little boys?

Rape?

I'm just not sure how anyone could get this one wrong, but a lot of people did. And seeing how some find humor in turning Sandusky's name into a verb, obviously a lot of people are still getting this one wrong.

Mike, now the wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator, should not have to be told by school officials to stay away from Penn State's last home game because of multiple threats and fear for his safety.

After talking to his father about what he saw in the Penn State shower, Mike McQueary talked to coach Joe Paterno.

He should have the decency not to want to show his face there ever again.

The fact that he didn't resign long before Joe Paterno was fired also reflects poorly on the conversation he had with his father in 2002.

"He did what he was supposed to do," John told USA Today earlier this week.

Maybe.

But I wouldn't want either one of these coaches around my son. Not if "supposed to do" in this situation is good enough for them.

At least now we have a better understanding of why Mike didn't try to stop the rape. We can see how Mike, on the outside at least, could wash his hands clean of the situation after telling school administrators. His father said he's a "tough kid." He would have to be. I know I wouldn't have the strength to look myself in the mirror every day for nine years knowing I saw a little boy being sexually assaulted and I didn't try to stop it or even call the cops.
    Twice this week, I sat down with my son and talked to him about this story.

I suspect we will talk about it many more times because it is important to me that he understands what is expected of him. He is to be respectful to teachers, listen to his coaches -- and throw both of those expectations out of the window if he witnesses them doing something unlawful or horrible.

Then come to me, and we will work it out together. If he's afraid to talk to the police, I'll stand beside him as he makes that call.

If there's anything to take away from this terrible news, it's an opportunity to talk to the kids in our care about the people they are hanging around with and the people they are talking on social media sites; to use this Penn State tragedy as a teachable moment about ethics and morality.

Mike turned to his father for direction that night in 2002, and John handed him a broken compass. Then, for years, he continued to let his son walk down the wrong path.

I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose. I'm sure he loves his son as much as I love mine, as much as you love any kids you may have.

But after Sandusky, I have a hard time seeing anyone connected to this story more unnerving than Mike McQueary's father -- a man who sat back and allowed his son's soul to erode in a cesspool of self-preservation and cowardliness.

We are suppose to do right by our kids, teach them the difference between right and wrong.

In this situation, John just didn't do that.

My hope is that he can at least teach Mike how to learn from his mistakes.

And that we, as saddened, angered on-lookers, can learn from theirs.

LZ Granderson is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine and a regular contributor to ESPN.com. He can be reached at lzgranderson@yahoo.com.

Elite Member

Well, back in 1998 (I think) they investigated him and the DA's office decided not to prosecute. So why didn't anyone keep an eye on him after that, given that he continued to be heavily involved in activities involving young boys? It's just crazy. I mean, it's not like he stopped working with kids after that.

It took a lot of courage for victim #1 to come forward. He was just a scared little boy. Another thing that outrages me is that Sandusky was checking this boy out of school! Why the fuck is he allowed to check this boy out? That piece of shit wasn't family or had permission to do it. They didn't even tell the boy's mother that he did it. The whole thing is vile and despicable. They all knew and did NOTHING!!!
    I saw a victims mom on one of the morning shows today, her face and voice were disguised, but she basically said exactly what you've posted above. She had no fucking clue her kid was getting taken out of school, she thought he was at certain places, and the piece of shit Sandusky was taking him out of those activities (something else besides school also, I think). Talk about abuse of power. Everyone just let this predator do whatever he wanted, gave him carte blanc access to children, because he was with Penn State.

I hope he goes to prison and is thrown in with the general population. Fuck putting him in the "celebrity wing". Let this cocksucker get raped like he did to those poor kids.....

That's the argument everyone is making and why Paterno has been treated so harshly. The did know and they allowed him to continue to bring these boys into PSU's facilities. He brought them to games, on overnight stays for away games, and to bowl games. If there was ever any concern about his treatment of little boys, why didn't anyone raise a flag sooner? Why did they allow him to do this under their roof? Even if they didn't KNOW he was doing something inappropriate, they had to at least have concerns given the charges in 98.

The charges in 2002 were witness by an adult (McQueary) so they are hardly debateable. PSU's response was to tell Sandusky not to bring boys around any more. THey didn't take away his keys to the kingdom. Paterno and an ex PSU president (and many others) remained on the board of Second Mile. No one ever thought this was an important area of concern???

They didn't want to tarnish PSU's legacy and they didn't want to lose their place on the coaching ladder. Plain and simple. There cannot be any other explanation unless there is something even more sinister going on.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hi all. This may explain a lot about the reactions or lack thereof:

Penn State Scandal: Rumor Claims Sandusky “Pimped Out” Boys to Rich Donors
    Zac Wassink

Just when you thought the Penn State child sex-abuse scandal couldn't possibly get any worse, we may have just scratched the surface. Joe Paterno being fired could be just the start of arguably the biggest downfall in the history of college athletics.

Pittsburgh radio personality Mark Madden, who penned a column for the Beaver County Times back in April of this year named "Sandusky a State secret," a column which foreshadowed the recent scandal which has absolutely gutted those of us in the Penn State family, was a guest on the Dennis & Callahan Morning Show on WEEI sports talk radio out of Boston on Thursday morning. During his appearance, Madden, who has been mostly right regarding this issue from the very start, dropped what can only be called a bombshell, an announcement which could mean far more than the end of Joe Paterno's career.

Madden stated that two "prominent columnists" are currently investigating a rumor that Jerry Sandusky's Second Mile Foundation, a non-profit organization aimed to serve underprivileged youths, was "pimping out young boys to rich (Penn State) donors." Madden went on to say that Jerry Sandusky was told by those running the show at Penn State football that Sandusky had to retire after allegations made in 1998 that the defensive coordinator was guilty of "improper conduct with an underage male." Sandusky, thought by some to be Joe Paterno's successor at the time, abruptly and somewhat shockingly retired from coaching in 1999.

It actually gets worse. Madden went on to say "When Sandusky quit, everybody knew; not just at Penn State. It was a very poorly kept secret around college football, in general. That is why he never coached in college football again and retired at the relatively young age of 55, young for a coach." Madden also called the Second Mile Foundation "the perfect cover" for Sandusky's scheme.

I want to be absolutely clear about a few things. These reports, as of the writing of this piece, are coming only from Mark Madden, and they are currently only rumors and speculation. With that said, Mark Madden has been mostly correct about a grand jury investigation which was sealed until very recently. I'm not suggesting that I 100 percent believe Madden to be correct. I'm certainly not ignoring a word he's saying regarding the Sandusky case at this point.

Late Wednesday evening after Joe Paterno was fired by Penn State, an "in the know" individual told me that this story was going to get uglier, and that there were, at the very least, "dozens of more victims." My absolute worst fear regarding the issue is what Mark Madden spoke on Thursday morning. It's been widely reported that the US Department of Education is currently investigating Penn State. Are they going to find that Jerry Sandusky was running a multimillion-dollar criminal organization, one which resulted in dozens, possibly hundreds (or even more), of youths being sexually abused? Will they find that higher-ups at Penn State, including now former football coach Joe Paterno, covered-up Sandusky's heinous crimes? All I know this morning is that, after the worst week of my Penn State life, I don't know if anything would shock me.

Penn State Scandal: Rumor Claims Sandusky

Madden: Sandusky a State secret

Posted: Sunday, April 3, 2011 11:55 pm | Updated: 4:34 pm, Mon Apr 4, 2011.

Mark Madden

Madden: Sandusky a State secret - Timesonline.com: Mark Madden:

Thread Information