Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Golf Channel anchor says young golfers should 'lynch Tiger Woods'

  1. #31
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    So the 300 white people don't count?

    Black people aren't the only people to have ever been "lynched".
    The actual definition of lynch is:
    To execute without due process of law, especially to hang, as by a mob.

    Blacks are not the only ones that have suffered that fate.
    Didn't say they didn't count.. There were a lot more blacks killed by lynchings then there were whites. You said you don't see how it was racial, but it was..and there are countless others that were lynched during slavery that weren't recorded. It's easy to dismiss something that was highly used to kill blacks and intimidate others when you say, well it happen to "us" also...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  2. #32
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    I see what you are saying but I don't think it was meant as people are taking it and I don't think the word lynched is a black only word. People of all colors have been lynched. Just because it happens to more of one color doesn't mean they have to be so heartbroken and wounded when the word is used.

    That's just my opinion though.

  3. #33
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    So the 300 white people don't count?

    Black people aren't the only people to have ever been "lynched".
    The actual definition of lynch is:
    To execute without due process of law, especially to hang, as by a mob.

    Blacks are not the only ones that have suffered that fate.
    True, there have been white people that have been lynched. But the big difference is this, when white people have been lynched it was because of a crime they committed or they pissed somebody off.

    With black people, lynching was done just because they were black, nothing more. And lynching was used as an intimidation method to keep black people in line. And it's still being used to intimidate because there have been incidents, as recently as last year, where nooses have been hung to try and scare black people. Hell, a few months ago somebody hung a noose at a Home Depot here in N.J. to try and scare the black employees. And then that whole Jena 6 mess in Louisiana kicked off because of nooses being hung to try and scare the black students at the school.

    So, black people have a long and twisted history with lynching, which is why we have a different take on the term than white people do.

  4. #34
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    Al Sharpton needs to die. Seriously. That guy makes a living on being a racist prick.

    He can take Jesse Jackson with him too.

    They discredit their own cause by jumping on retard bandwagons like this.... it's like women accusing guys of rape when it never happened.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  5. #35
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    True, there have been white people that have been lynched. But the big difference is this, when white people have been lynched it was because of a crime they committed or they pissed somebody off.

    With black people, lynching was done just because they were black, nothing more. And lynching was used as an intimidation method to keep black people in line. And it's still being used to intimidate because there have been incidents, as recently as last year, where nooses have been hung to try and scare black people. Hell, a few months ago somebody hung a noose at a Home Depot here in N.J. to try and scare the black employees. And then that whole Jena 6 mess in Louisiana kicked off because of nooses being hung to try and scare the black students at the school.

    So, black people have a long and twisted history with lynching, which is why we have a different take on the term than white people do.
    I respect that.

  6. #36
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I respect that.
    Thanks.

  7. #37
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    I'm still amazed this type of thing goes on.. why does it matter so much to people? the whole "race" thing. The color of your skin.

    Admittedly, racial groups have their own set of self reinforcing stereotypes which ARE true a lot of the time (some are kinda hilarious) and everybody i know jokes about them with each other (in Toronto, it's such a massive mix of people that we can all laugh at ourselves.. i LOVE white jokes lol) but I just don't get the unreasoning hatred in regards to either those differences or made up ones that are created to smear some other group.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  8. #38
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    ^ See Grimm, I think that's why I have such a hard time with it because I just seem to think everyone is like me; not racist. haha.
    I just think we are all equal and therefore I can't understand the black terms vs. the white terms and so forth. I can't really put into words what I am trying to say. Let me think on it.

  9. #39
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I'm still amazed this type of thing goes on.. why does it matter so much to people? the whole "race" thing. The color of your skin.

    Admittedly, racial groups have their own set of self reinforcing stereotypes which ARE true a lot of the time (some are kinda hilarious) and everybody i know jokes about them with each other (in Toronto, it's such a massive mix of people that we can all laugh at ourselves.. i LOVE white jokes lol) but I just don't get the unreasoning hatred in regards to either those differences or made up ones that are created to smear some other group.
    Yeah, I don't know why skin color is still such a major issue with people, but it is. You would think that at some point people could get beyond just hating somebody because of their race. But in America, at least, I think it's because people have never really dealt with all of the racism that this country was built on, from all groups, so it continues to be a problem, passed down from generation to generation.

    And, yeah, I have friends of other races and we joke with each other, up to a point, about race. Sometimes, it helps to just laugh about the stupidity of racism.

  10. #40
    Elite Member Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a Handbasket
    Posts
    5,443

    Default

    I think the new generation that we are producing now, will be less racist since there are so many mixed communities. When I was growing up there were about 3 black kids in my school, and the school where my son goes it is almost 50/50...
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fire destroys home on Tiger Woods' property
    By CherryDarling in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 30th, 2007, 10:41 AM
  2. Tiger Woods has a new cub
    By ArmyWifey in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 20th, 2007, 03:41 AM
  3. Tiger Woods and wife expecting baby
    By LynnieD in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: January 2nd, 2007, 10:00 PM
  4. Tiger Woods' Father Dies
    By AliceInWonderland in forum Sports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 3rd, 2006, 02:24 PM
  5. Tiger Woods buys 40 million dollar estate
    By SVZ in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 3rd, 2006, 12:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •