Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Florida ranked preseason #1

Watching the Big 12 championship game.. the suspense is killing me

How is a venue neutral if the game is in Texas and one of the teams is from Texas and the other isn't?

BCS mess avoided, poor Boise State didn't even get mentioned in the 'what if' scenarios in case Texas lost.

Did you see that? DID YOU FUCKING SEE THAT? YES!!! Hook 'em horns!!!

Well my Huskers came close, but no cigar. Thank god I don't live in NE anymore. The flags will be at half staff tomorrow.

Hell, at this point I'll be happy with a bowl game win.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    Did you see that? DID YOU FUCKING SEE THAT? YES!!! Hook 'em horns!!!
    Good lord. That was painful. I can't believe Texas pulled it out. The offensive linemen got pushed around like the bunch of pansies they are but haven't before been so totally exposed as. Not really a fixable problem, and I worry that Alabama may sodomize us with no lube.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Yea, we got lucky that's for SURE. Even if Nebraska hadn't gotten the advantage near the end we only would have won 12-10... I'm hopeful but yea.. the 'horns haven't had some really tough competition until tonight's game and I think Alabama might really step it up.

eta: and I officially have no fingernails left from biting them all off lol

LOL, my still giddy-with-excitement dad sent this to me this morning. He's still riding the high of Bama's win, probably along with a hefty dose of alcohol as well.

More determined than ever, the elephants they came, and they clapped and they shouted, and called them by name:

"Now, Cody! Now, Mark! Now, G-Mac and Ro! On, Tiffin! On, Javy! On, Trent and Julio! To the top of the conference! To the top of the poll!
    Rammer Jammer Alabama and ROLL TIDE ROLL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    LOL, my still giddy-with-excitement dad sent this to me this morning. He's still riding the high of Bama's win, probably along with a hefty dose of alcohol as well.

Him and my husband both!
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Wooo!! We've got in the Orange bowl. Which is great since that's a night game and we usually work early shifts.

fgg

alabama deserved the win but it didn't make losing any better. i really don't understand all of the florida/tebow hate.

soj - tebow already has a heisman so...

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i really don't understand all of the florida/tebow hate.
    For me, it's the over-the-top dramatics and religious stuff. The eye black with bible verses. Proclaiming your virginity to the media. He didn't have to do that, it's a personal issue....so I think all that turns a LOT of people off, combine it with what's seen as a sports media love-fest for him, and there you go.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    alabama deserved the win but it didn't make losing any better. i really don't understand all of the florida/tebow hate.

soj - tebow already has a heisman so...
    Well Florida is our nemesis so...

And now we beat Michigan all the time..we gotta have someone to hate who can actually beat us!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

C, we're heading to Miami for the Orange. Can't wait. I'm pissed we ate the last minute of the OSU game since it was there for the taking. I'd much rather be sitting around with a rose in my mouth. Sumanabitch.

I LOATHE Saban. LOATHE him but I'll take Bama over Florida.

WTH happened to Texas? As a Hawkeye fan, I hate Nebraska on principle but Suh is a freaking beast. That kid was so much fun to watch. A win would have killed our BCS hopes but I almost wanted to see him finish Texas off.

And ok, am I the only cynic here? When I saw Tebow's date to the ESPN event, I couldn't help but think it was just to bolster his image. I made the mistake of saying that on an Iowa board and got blasted for it.

Soj, I have no idea why you'd worry about Michigan this year. DickRod is going to shove that program down further and further. They'll be somewhere in the middle of the pack for the next few years until they make a change. You've got to love how he throws his true freshman QB under the bus. Jerk.

I don't necessarily hate Tebow, I hate the damn hype on ESPN and the other networks. The 'I just spoke to him and now I'm a better person' crap I heard on one of the shows when Florida played their last homegame. It's nauseating.

I don't know. He had his head tilted "just so" in the last minutes of the game. It gave ESPN a full on face shot of his tears. It just didn't seem genuine. (Ingraham turning away from the audience at the Heisman presentation seemed genuine by comparison.)

Tebow's tearful interview after the game seemed rehearsed too. Maybe I'm evil. I just don't buy it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information