Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Figure Skating Part 2

I think it was time for Fumie to hang those skates up. But then I was never a fan of her skating. I know that others were.
    Laurent likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Speaking of CoR weirdness, apparently Pogorilaya is currently sitting 3rd behind Alaine Chartrand from Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
    Ilinykh easily beat Katsalapov in the Cup of Russia short today. Bet Nikita's stewing over that one.
    I wonder how Marina is taking that, since she went on earlier this week about how Sinitsina & Katsalapov are the fastest team ever to skate in ice dance, and will be wowing us all in their long program with a never-before-seen-in-the-history-of-the-sport lift.

Figure skating pair Sinitsina/Katsalapov to show new lift element at ISU GP in Moscow

Sports
    November 12, 17:46 UTC+3

MOSCOW, November 12. /TASS/. Russian figure skating pair Viktoria Sinitsina and Nikita Katsalapov will present at the upcoming ISU Grand Prix in Moscow on November 14-16 a new program, which includes a newly-invented lift, their coach Marina Zuyeva said on Wednesday.

“This is a new lift, which was never used before in ice dance,” Zuyeva said in an interview with TASS. “I am deeply proud that skating together for only half a year, Nikita and Vika are capable of performing it.”

At the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Russia’s Sochi, Katsalapov skated in pair with Elena Ilinykh. The Russian dancing duo won the Olympic gold in team competition and the bronze in pairs ice dance. After the end of the season, Katsalapov parted with Ilinykh and paired with Sinitsina.

“Some time ago my students — Canadian pair Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir — made a revolution in the technique of lifts, but it all was in 2007,” she said. “However, I managed to find something new.”

Zuyeva said that after bringing Virtue and Moir, as well as American pair Meryl Davis and Charlie White, to the level of Olympic champions, she completed one period of her work. And now her new pair Sinitsina/Katsalapov made a gigantic leap within half a year.

“You will see that no one ever skated at such high speed as they are,” she said. “At this speed, they perform difficult elements and very tight consequences. I am impressed myself how they can skate so close to each other maintaining such speed. This is what will make them different from their competitors."
    TASS: Sports - Figure skating pair Sinitsina/Katsalapov to show new lift element at ISU GP in Moscow
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Silver Member

Michal Brezina is using music from Game of Thrones. The cuts be be a bit better, I like that someone is using it.

Oh, Marina. Please don't become Tarasova 2.0 now that your best students have gone.
    Laurent likes this.

Oh, Marina. Please don't become Tarasova 2.0 now that your best students have gone.
    Or wear fur coats that haven't been to the dry cleaners in ages. Or get a prison matron hairdo.
    Laurent likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

TAT side-eyes your post, BITTER.

What is with the excess of Phantom of the Opera this year? It seems to be the music for every second program.
    BITTER and Laurent like this.

^^^That coat probably can walk, beg and even roll over...
    Laurent likes this.

I dread to think what this one's made from.
    Laurent and BITTER like this.

Thoughts on Chock/Bates eventually becoming more decorated than Davis/White?

Thoughts on Chock/Bates eventually becoming more decorated than Davis/White?
    I'm going to hope it's just an early message to Marina that the pendulum has swung away from her.

By the way, Virtue and Moir are making noises that they're not done and will be coming back. No word on who their coach will be, but I'm guessing they won't be going back to Canton.

If they can get Igor Shpilband to dump Madison and Evan into second spot then they would go back to him. But seriously, why not come back? After Ilinykh/Katsalapov dissolved, that blew the ice dance doors open for this quad and the top competitors (Weaver/Poje) are a team that Tessa and Scott never lost to.

I'm curious if Davis & White are done. They say they haven't decided yet. If they came back, I wonder if they'd even stay with Marina considering she's been claiming S/K are the greatest thing to ever happen to ice dance for months now. I'm guessing they wouldn't want to make the same mistake Virtue and Moir felt they made in staying with her.

I don't expect to see them back (at least nothing more than an Olympic season comeback), but you never know. I think Virtue and Moir are still pissed off because they see themselves as having been unfairly shut out by the judges and even their own coach in the last two years of their career in favour of an inferior team, and for the time being the titles would be easy pickings for them.

I think Zueva is just pimping out S/K because she can't be bothered with the Shibutanis and Cappellini/Lanotte aren't certain for the next Olympics. If Davis/White decided to come back to her, she'd probably piss herself with glee.

I keep wondering if there's any chance Nikita will drop Victoria and go crawling back to Elena.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information