Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Figure Skating Part 2

Silver Member

There is a special on Debi Thomas on the OWN network tonight. Her life hasn't been good for some years now. Apparently she is living in a trailer in Shenandoah, Virginia. There might be rumors of drugs or booze, I'm not sure.

^^^WTF? I thought that she was an orthopedic surgeon? She had a cute husband and son....

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    No, I think he's still trying for ambiguous.

I'm amazed at the frau delusion regarding some of these skaters. I think there was some genuine shock from some who felt sure Rippon and Wagner were a thing and were astounded when he came out.
    I had some woman at Skate America insist to me that Todd Eldredge was sexy...and others who insisted that Brians Boitano and Orser was heterosexual.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    ^^^WTF? I thought that she was an orthopedic surgeon? She had a cute husband and son....
    She was/or still is. She was married twice, divorced both and lost custody of her son. She is living with a man that has two kids.

ETA She is no longer practicing. Throughout the episode there was a strong sense that she was dealing with mental health issues.

^^^I'm shocked. Usually custody goes to the mom; I can only ask what could she have done to have lost custody of her child? I read several news stories online this morning. She had it all - thriving career, husband and son...now it's all gone. I thought she had a better head on her shoulders than that...

OT, watching Javier at Cup of China...what a charming bastard he is; cute as a button. He'll be my Stephane Lambiel of this quad.
    Laurent likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

They canceled the long program competition at Trophee Eric Bompard because of the tragedy in Paris, but will use the SP scores to help select GP finalists. The short programs aired today but I did not watch them.

Silver Member

Concern for the safety of the athletes. I agree. I had completely forgotten about this. I thought that they would most likely cancel any events until given the all clear.

I'm watching some old videos on YouTube atm, and how on Earth did you guys survive the years of Scott, Sandra and Dick in the commentary booth? One of them was bad enough, together they were intolerable.
    BITTER likes this.

Especially since Sandra's voice is deeper than Scott's.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Silver Member

Have any of you been keeping up with the Grand Prix Series? I think the final was this weekend.

The final was very good quality but the judges were on crack with the scores they were giving out.

Silver Member

Really? I'll have to watch when I get a chance. Do you think that the scores were grossly inflated or that people were low-balled?

I've been watching some of it. I still don't like NBC's coverage - not enough depth, and I miss the fluff pieces. The US men are getting on my last nerve.

from page six, so i don't know how reliable it is

Johnny Weir’s ex-husband to marry 20-year-old ice dancer

Despite his bitter divorce from Olympic ice skater-turned-TV personality Johnny Weir, Victor Voronov is headed back down the aisle.
    Voronov, 32, has fallen for 20-year-old Joti Polizoakis, an ice dancer for the German national team.
    “It’s just a little bit ironic that it happened this way,” Voronov told Page Six, adding that Polizoakis, who proposed, is the opposite of his last beau.
    In March 2014, Weir and Voronov called it quits after two years of marriage. In the following weeks there were allegations of animal abuse, rape and spreading of STDs. There was also a physical altercation during a period of reconciliation at their New Jersey home, from which Voronov says he sustained several injuries.
    Come winter 2014, Voronov and Polizoakis met at the airport in Atlanta. “He recognized me. We started talking. Exchanged numbers. Went very slowly. And one thing led to another,” Voronov recalled. “After a while, months and months of speaking, I developed trust.”
    Voronov, now the vice president and legal consultant for a real estate company, lives in Michigan where his fiancé trains.
    Polizoakis, who is converting to Judaism for Voronov, aims to compete in the upcoming 2018 and 2022 Winter Olympic Games.
    “The plan is to have children after the first Olympics, which is 2018,” Voronov added. “That’s the plan right now.”
    While the infamous Fabergé egg at the center of Voronov and Weir’s marriage is still making headlines, Voronov can only look ahead.
    “I learned that love and passion are very important in a relationship, but for a marriage to work there needs to be trust, respect and compatibility,” Voronov said.
    Of his fiancé, Voronov said, “This person is the most genuine, kind, honest and sweet person. I’ve never been treated better in my life. Anybody would be lucky to know a person like this.”

Johnny Weir’s ex-husband to marry 20-year-old ice dancer | Page Six
    BITTER likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Really? I'll have to watch when I get a chance. Do you think that the scores were grossly inflated or that people were low-balled?
    Ridiculously high scores across the board. Wagner's free program was almost identical to last year's and yet she somehow scored 10 more points for it this year.
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    from page six, so i don't know how reliable it is

Johnny Weir’s ex-husband to marry 20-year-old ice dancer

Despite his bitter divorce from Olympic ice skater-turned-TV personality Johnny Weir, Victor Voronov is headed back down the aisle.
    Voronov, 32, has fallen for 20-year-old Joti Polizoakis, an ice dancer for the German national team.
    “It’s just a little bit ironic that it happened this way,” Voronov told Page Six, adding that Polizoakis, who proposed, is the opposite of his last beau.
    In March 2014, Weir and Voronov called it quits after two years of marriage. In the following weeks there were allegations of animal abuse, rape and spreading of STDs. There was also a physical altercation during a period of reconciliation at their New Jersey home, from which Voronov says he sustained several injuries.
    Come winter 2014, Voronov and Polizoakis met at the airport in Atlanta. “He recognized me. We started talking. Exchanged numbers. Went very slowly. And one thing led to another,” Voronov recalled. “After a while, months and months of speaking, I developed trust.”
    Voronov, now the vice president and legal consultant for a real estate company, lives in Michigan where his fiancé trains.
    Polizoakis, who is converting to Judaism for Voronov, aims to compete in the upcoming 2018 and 2022 Winter Olympic Games.
    “The plan is to have children after the first Olympics, which is 2018,” Voronov added. “That’s the plan right now.”
    While the infamous Fabergé egg at the center of Voronov and Weir’s marriage is still making headlines, Voronov can only look ahead.
    “I learned that love and passion are very important in a relationship, but for a marriage to work there needs to be trust, respect and compatibility,” Voronov said.
    Of his fiancé, Voronov said, “This person is the most genuine, kind, honest and sweet person. I’ve never been treated better in my life. Anybody would be lucky to know a person like this.”

Johnny Weir’s ex-husband to marry 20-year-old ice dancer | Page Six
    This will end in tears.

Thread Information