Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: FIFA World Cup!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default Re: FIFA World Cup!

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    apparently mazaeretti told him to "play for his own country" and that pissed him off enough
    thats a good one! hahaahahhaaa

hahahahaha thats awesome PB! I wish i were there! and welcome back

SVZ

^ OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH SNAP!

THOSE R HOT! ^ i liike the first one it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

LOL good one SVZ. I like the first one and the last one.

welcome back PB! i guess wrong time for being in europe if you are not into football.

good one svz!

YOU BROKE MY HEART ITALY wtf wtf wtf

Sad this is ending today!! I hate all sports...all of them, but I really like soccer. Of course, it doesn't hurt that these guys are so flippin' hot. Will miss that for sure.

YAY the octopus was right.

lol

Well done spain, pretty good game

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Sad this is ending today!! I hate all sports...all of them, but I really like soccer. Of course, it doesn't hurt that these guys are so flippin' hot. Will miss that for sure.
    I'm already beginning to feel lonely without my cute soccer boys.

Great sports event! It might be my favorite, too.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I'm already beginning to feel lonely without my cute soccer boys.

Great sports event! It might be my favorite, too.
    Totally agree. This is a great sporting event. Loved it. And I miss those cuties already, too

And, GO PAUL!!!

That game was a disgrace for a World Cup final. The Spaniards were playing football. Not sure what the Dutch were playing. I'm glad that moron didn't kill my baby Xabi Alonso with his kick (which I like to believe was unintended). That hot as hell british ref (call me!!!) was handing out yellow cards like candy.

Also, updated Zidane vs. Matterazzi gif and trust me, you'll be on Zidane's side 100% here:

Last edited by yanna; July 12th, 2010 at 08:31 AM.

A*O

The Dutch were playing "a defensive game" AKA Kick Boxing. Not a great game but Spain deserved to win.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Well there is a bit of controversy here about the Ref
    World Cup 2010 - Unapologetic Dutch blame Webb

Dutch coach Bert van Marwijk made no apologies after his team used rough-arm tactics in an attempt to knock Spain out of their stride in a scrappy, niggly World Cup final while Dirk Kuyt and Arjen Robben pointed the finger of blame at English referee Howard Webb.

More Stories

The Dutch will have to shoulder the blame after one of the roughest World Cup finals on record, won 1-0 by Spain, produced 47 fouls, 13 yellow cards and one red.
    Webb showed eight Dutch players a yellow card and sent off Netherlands defender John Heitinga in the first half of extra time.
    Led by their bruising midfield enforcer Mark van Bommel, the Dutch used physical intimidation to try and knock the Spanish off their elegant passing game.
    Van Bommel, who committed five of the Dutch's 28 fouls, was lucky not to get a first half red card for slicing through Andres Iniesta's left leg.
    Nigel de Jong could also have followed with a chest-high tackle on Xabi Alonso in a Dutch display which at times bordered on brutal.
    Van Marwijk said: "It's still our intention to play beautiful football but we were facing very good opponents.
    "We committed fouls but so did both teams and that may be regrettable for a final. It's not our style but then again you play a match to win because it's a final, there's a lot of emotion, you saw that at the end of the match.
    "I would love to have won the match even with not so beautiful football."
    And he suggested Webb might have been influenced by Spanish media blaming the referee for the defeat by Switzerland in their opening match.
    He said: "I don't think the referee controlled the match well. But let me be clear about this: the best team won the match.
    "I'm trying to analyse the match as best as possible. But I read a few things about how angry Spain were at the refereeing in the first match against Switzerland.
    "If you view the performance (of the referee), you'd almost think now that first match had an influence on this game now."
    The South Yorkshire official was booed by Dutch fans at the final whistle and Liverpool forward Kuyt said: "We are angry that we lost because we came so close. I know you cannot blame others, but the referee favoured Spain.
    "We had many more yellow cards than we deserved. That ultimately cost us the Cup."
    Robben said that Spanish defender Carles Puyol should have been the first player to be sent off by referee Webb.
    Puyol , already booked in the first half, committed a foul on the Dutch winger 10 minutes from time when he sped past him but Robben continued and was denied by goalkeeper Iker Casillas.
    "When I got my second chance the referee should have given us a free kick and Puyol a (second) yellow card," Robben said.
    "He gave the advantage but there was none as I could hardly move and the goalkeeper was too close already.
    "When you play a World Cup final you need also a world class referee and - I have to be careful what I say - this was not the case for this match."
    However, Robben was lucky himself not to be dismissed after deliberately playing on after the whistle had blown for an infringement. It would have been his second yellow card but Webb simply admonished him.
    Reuters / Eurosport

I thought Webb did great. He did make a couple of mistakes but nothing major. The Dutch should put on their big boy pants and accept that Barcelona... erm I mean, Spain was the better team.

After he got the silver metal their coach took it off immediately in disgust. What a baby. And all the complaining Robben did! That was the Southern player stereotype (the bf said "My God, he whines like an Italian" and most of the time he wasn't even justified.

Anyway, better luck (and better play) next time to the Dutch. As a Greek I'll go back to licking my wounds over the rumours that the one game we ever won in our World Cup history (against Nigeria) is under suspicion of having been fixed. Typical.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread Information