Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BYU Kicks Basketball Star Off Team for Pre-Marital Sex

Just wondering..does this school recieve any Federal, state, or local tax monies?-you know, anything that comes from the government, or is it completely removed from any government subsidies?

If it is completely removed from tax monies and government funding of any kind, then I have to agree they can pretty much do what they want-as long as it is not against the law-they can't just decide 'no blacks at BYU' or anything like that-they still have to follow the laws of the land.

I still think they suck ass though, JMHO.

* I guess staight students can tastefully display affection and hold hands and stuff, but NO such behavior for the gays. How fucking stupid are they?-you know these are COLLEGE STUDENTS! duh.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    And the education (no questioning or critical thought allowed) is apparently terrible,
    As proof Stephenie Meyer, author of the Twilight series of "books", has an English degree from there. Bitch is incapable of basic sentence structure.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Its a private university owned by the Church of Latter Day Saints. He wasn't forced to go there. He chose it based on its principals. He messed up. I'm sure he isn't the only one. But he is a star athlete under the microscope. Not sure if he is gone permanently. I guess that is yet to be determined.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information