Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BYU Kicks Basketball Star Off Team for Pre-Marital Sex

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah, is this America or what?! wtf

Its a private school. They get to make their own rules. What are y'all bitching about? If he didn't want to follow the stupid rules, he should have gone to a different school.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

On the same sports station I referred to in an earlier post, a young Mormon man called into the show about the not having sex before marriage rule. He said, "Why do you think we get married so early?"

Ha!

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

its Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    all of a sudden i'm horny
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Its a private school. They get to make their own rules. What are y'all bitching about? If he didn't want to follow the stupid rules, he should have gone to a different school.
    Not bitching, I just have a little trouble understanding how drinking a nice cup of darjeeling or a little earl grey or even a triple half-caf with foam latte is an honor code violation. I guess that explains why it's next to impossible to find a decent cup of coffee in Salt Lake City. But if you're made aware of a rule/policy and you knowingly violate it, then it's perfectly reasonable to deal with the stated consequences.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Exactly what I was coming in here to say. Totally agree with all your posts in this thread Greys.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

At the college I attended we were required as Freshmen to sign a contract that basically said we wouldn't have sex, do drugs, smoke, drink, watch "R" rated movies. It was a small Christian school and you knew the rules up front. Did I violate them....yes. But, I also knew that I could get in trouble if I did get caught.

I'm sure this kid was well aware of BYU's rules on premarital sex. You can do it, just don't get caught.

I agree. I wouldn't go there because I wouldn't be able to follow those rules.the school is built on biblical principals and they uphold those standards. I have 2 nieces and 1 nephew (yes they are Morman) that attended. I have some friends that go to Indiana Bible college in Indianapolis. Same kind of college. Many other colleges to go to if you're not into those rules
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

As a student of Catholic schools for 12 years, I feel qualified to let everyone here know there was plenty of drinking, drugging and fucking. And the drugging was particularly scary with a few because they had plenty of money to blow on the hard stuff. And believe it or not, thievery was a pain in the ass. And rich kids steal for the pure fucking thrill of it, which is especially annoying.

So private school or not, I'll bet BYU has its share of whores. Maybe even crazy-nastier ones than you'd see at a less restrictive school.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It probly does but Mormons are very different than Catholics in that they are brought into this world with strict guidelines and modest standards. No alcohol in this house, undergarments worn under their clothes etc. Most Catholics I know and have know, party some. I'm sure some Mormons experiment from time to timet, I just don't think its as prevelant as other religions.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

At least they didn't conveniently forget their honor code because this kid is a star player. Yeah the code is stupid but again he knew what he was doing.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

mormons are scary

They arent scary to me but I can understand why one would think that. Fundamental Mormons are very scary!!!
    Rip Mom

I was reading this story on another board and an ex-Mormon and BYU alumn was posting some interesting stuff. She/he said BYU is a hellhole - said it's a huge party school and Honor Code violations all over the place, combined with super-snitches who are there to "enforce" the code and who infiltrate the student clubs and hangouts trying to catch fellow students they dislike doing something like making out or drinking coffee so they can drag them to the Code Office and get them kicked out. And the education (no questioning or critical thought allowed) is apparently terrible, save for the languages dept.

The poster said that BYU is a place for uptight Mormon mommies and daddies to deposit their young because BYU promises they'll continue to baby the students (tell them how to dress, what to eat/drink, make them not masturbate or have any sexual thoughts). For those reasons it's also apparently a favorite school for rich, devout Muslims from overseas to deposit their young.

Anyway, this kid was a black guy at BYU. Star player or not, no one was probably sad to see him go. There's only about 100 black students compared to 30,000 white students at BYU.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information