Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beijing Olympics Thread

SVZ

WHERE ARE THE HOT ITALIAN MEN?!!?!? arghhh

Did you see the blond British rower guy? And the basketball team? Plenty of cute ones!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

GEORGE BUSH IS ON T.V. NOW!!!

I puked.

I am so proud of the men's relay swim team, and Katie Hoff!! Even if I had to see Dubya!!

Baltimore is So Proud!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I am so proud of the men's relay swim team, and Katie Hoff!! Even if I had to see Dubya!!

Baltimore is So Proud!!
    I think I woke up my neighbors when the US won the relay. I was literally screaming and jumping up and down. Weird, since I never watch swimming unless it's the Olympics but during the Olympics, I can't get enough of it!

I'm such a nut for the Olympics that I usually cry during the closing ceremonies. I'm bummed because I have to wait another four years for them because let's be honest...the winter games are a poor substitute!

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    I think I woke up my neighbors when the US won the relay. I was literally screaming and jumping up and down. Weird, since I never watch swimming unless it's the Olympics but during the Olympics, I can't get enough of it!

I'm such a nut for the Olympics that I usually cry during the closing ceremonies. I'm bummed because I have to wait another four years for them because let's be honest...the winter games are a poor substitute!
    Don't worry, I woke my neighbors also, and my throat hurts. I watch the Olympics(winter, and summer). I love them.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

Don't worry, I woke my neighbors also, and my throat hurts. I watch the Olympics(winter, and summer). I love them.
    I watched the 02 and 06 winter Olympics from Europe and the coverage suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I'll definitely watch the 2010 Winter Olympics, I just won't enjoy them as much as any Summer games. My favorite so far is still the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta because it was only one time zone away and I didn't have to avoid the news.

I loathed the Sydney games for the same reason; I had to keep from looking at any news source because they kept reporting the results before the events were broadcast on US television in prime time.

The Athens Olympics were really good, I was only one time zone away for those too but they just didn't have the same magic for me as the 1996 Olympics. They put on a great show though. I liked those laurel wreaths they put on peoples' heads.

That was the most exciting relay EVER!! I was screaming! The French shouln't trash talk-it just makes the Americans more determined! I love the way they all make friends & everyone was happy on the podium. Aussie looked great too! A lot of hot men-SVZ-were you watching???
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    I watched the 02 and 06 winter Olympics from Europe and the coverage suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I'll definitely watch the 2010 Winter Olympics, I just won't enjoy them as much as any Summer games. My favorite so far is still the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta because it was only one time zone away and I didn't have to avoid the news.

I loathed the Sydney games for the same reason; I had to keep from looking at any news source because they kept reporting the results before the events were broadcast on US television in prime time.

The Athens Olympics were really good, I was only one time zone away for those too but they just didn't have the same magic for me as the 1996 Olympics. They put on a great show though. I liked those laurel wreaths they put on peoples' heads.
    1996 Olympics...I was there..ok not the good stuff, but still I was there!! I had trading pins, autographs...everything. I still have my Olympic Cabbage Patch Kids! My aunt worked for Lucent Tech back then and her job gave the employees some tickets. We got crappy handball tickets, but I still was in AWE!! Back then, all I wanted to see was Gymnastics, Sync. Swimming, Track and Field, and Tennis... After the Centennial Park bombing she wouldn't let my cousins and I go anywhere near downtown.. That was my BEST summer ever!! I really hoped that the Baltimore/Washington area got the 2012 games...I would have been there everyday!! If Chicago gets them I am there!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Bronze Member

SSDiva buy your airline tkts now. The summer games of 2012 will be in London.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I agree. We had our fair share of morons with video cameras and cellphones too. "Hey Mom, I'm at the Olympics!" Well dur. I'm watching the Games on SBS because Channel 7 is only covering events with Aussies in them and the commentary is so biased it's unwatchable. Much as I love this country our attitude to sport sucks - arrogant and ungracious in defeat and even worse when we win. Whatever happened to that Olympic idea of "it's not about winning, it's about participating". I actually hope the Aussies get crapped on from a great height in the events they confidently expect to win, eg swimming. It might teach them a bit of humility but if it happens no doubt they will start bleating about drug cheats and unfair referees.

The SBS coverage is so much better and less bias. All Channel 7 shows us the Aussies - what about the other countries and showing us the other top sportspeople.

And, why did Channel 7 stop showing the Olympics on Sunday afternoon to show us the football.

Olympics v AFL / Football. I think Olympics should come first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rica View Post
    I'm very un-australian...I was going for the dutch girls in the 4 x 100 freestyle.
    Can you believe how fucked up channel 7 is? the frikkin afl...who gives a fuck. you get the Olympics then you should air them...

That was so pathetic showing the football - I am wondering why Ch7 have the rights to show the Olympics.

Thankfully we have SBS.

Gold Member

1996 Olympics...I was there..ok not the good stuff, but still I was there!! I had trading pins, autographs...everything. I still have my Olympic Cabbage Patch Kids! My aunt worked for Lucent Tech back then and her job gave the employees some tickets. We got crappy handball tickets, but I still was in AWE!! Back then, all I wanted to see was Gymnastics, Sync. Swimming, Track and Field, and Tennis... After the Centennial Park bombing she wouldn't let my cousins and I go anywhere near downtown.. That was my BEST summer ever!! I really hoped that the Baltimore/Washington area got the 2012 games...I would have been there everyday!! If Chicago gets them I am there!!
    *jealous*

I want to go to the Olympics (as a spectator, lol) sometime in my lifetime. I think next time the US hosts the Summer games, I'll go.

A*O

Gah! I tried to watch the men's synchronised diving yesterday (purely to observe the technique, natch) and the C7 commmentators were practically having orgasms over the Aussies who weren't synchronised at all and practically bellyflopped into the water. The next pair, Colombians I think, were flawless and the C7 people were "oh well that's a disappointing effort, nowhere close to Australia, blah blah" Australia came 4th Hahahahahaha
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Gah! I tried to watch the men's synchronised diving yesterday (purely to observe the technique, natch) and the C7 commmentators were practically having orgasms over the Aussies who weren't synchronised at all and practically bellyflopped into the water. The next pair, Colombians I think, were flawless and the C7 people were "oh well that's a disappointing effort, nowhere close to Australia, blah blah" Australia came 4th Hahahahahaha

I like NBC's commentators; they do seem to be honest.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information