Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beijing Olympics Thread

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    I noticed a very lovely group of dark skinned women who had white head dresses on, does anybody know what country they are from? Wow. They were beautiful.
    I can't remember, but I thought they were beautiful too!

And the people from Malta, and that one Italian guy that looked like a Hugo Boss model omggggg

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    As an Australian, I just want to say I'm glad the rest of the world didn't get our broadcast.

Have some goddamn CLASS Australia! The outfits were HEINOUS. The women who had flatted the heel of the ballet slippers to turn them into flats without heel support were tacky.

I'm all for team pride, but for FFS, the hollering, jumping, running up to the cameras when the Chinese officials were on the sideline shepherding them to stay within the white line. How tacky.

I noticed a very lovely group of dark skinned women who had white head dresses on, does anybody know what country they are from? Wow. They were beautiful.
    I agree. We had our fair share of morons with video cameras and cellphones too. "Hey Mom, I'm at the Olympics!" Well dur. I'm watching the Games on SBS because Channel 7 is only covering events with Aussies in them and the commentary is so biased it's unwatchable. Much as I love this country our attitude to sport sucks - arrogant and ungracious in defeat and even worse when we win. Whatever happened to that Olympic idea of "it's not about winning, it's about participating". I actually hope the Aussies get crapped on from a great height in the events they confidently expect to win, eg swimming. It might teach them a bit of humility but if it happens no doubt they will start bleating about drug cheats and unfair referees.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I didn't watch the entire OC to see the athletes march..but I do remember the athletes carrying camcorders as far back as the Olympic Games in Atlanta. I like seeing the athletes in their OC outfits..will try to find that part of the ceremony online.

Go Phelps!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

SBS has the games too? I'm there.

omg canada's uniforms looked like crap. they looked like they were going to the beach.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    omg canada's uniforms looked like crap. they looked like they were going to the beach.
    I wasn't too fond of them either. Maybe you should design the next ones. I'm glad we get to see a lot of the other athletes & hear their storise. Did you all see how the Chinese are doing medals this time? They are spectacular! They all have a ring of jade inlaid-white jade for the gold,between blue and white for silver and the blue for the bronze. I thought the bronze was knock-out. What treasures.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

SVZ

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Gorgeous!
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Thanks,SVZ! They looked even better on TV-beautiful.
    Just saw Aussie swimmer Stephanie Rice swim the most fantastic race! She was so cute at her goldmedal ceremony. Good to hear "Advance Austrailia Fair" again!
    Mark Phelps was great too!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

There was one winter olympics, lillehammer i think.. the canadian team looked fucking SHARP.

They had these red coats and pants, with high leather boots, black wool kinda russian looking hats, and red capes made out of the same material as the coat/pants inlaid with yellow. Best uniforms evar.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I could do without the orange ties.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Is there a webpage that states how many members are representing each country? I'm curious how many Aussies are there and my boyfriend wants to know how many Dutch.

A*O

The Aussie team is 300+ I think, but not all of them participated in the opening ceremony, eg Grant Hackett (he came SIXTH hahahahaha).
    Dame Edna Everage

I'm very un-australian...I was going for the dutch girls in the 4 x 100 freestyle.
    Can you believe how fucked up channel 7 is? the frikkin afl...who gives a fuck. you get the Olympics then you should air them...

A*O

I'm only watching the Olympics on SBS or highlights on the news. Channel 7 is SO biased it's unwatchable.
    Dame Edna Everage

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information