Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beijing Olympics Thread

Torch lighting was the highlight,i loved Chinese kids singing the Greek Olympic song in Greek, liked tai-chi part,the rest well done but boring..ours was better.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Torch lighting was the highlight,i loved Chinese kids singing the Greek Olympic song in Greek, liked tai-chi part,the rest well done but boring..ours was better.
    I'm still going to watch it,but yours really really was the best ever!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I was expecting the stadium to fall over and all the people inside to die of lead paint
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Cool

i love red dresses, israel's white suits and blue stripped shirt

us team looked classy for once in their ralph lauren outfit

thank you denmark, italy , germany, austria, israel , iran and many other countries who send hot men

who knew the men is the sailing sports are hot

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I wasn't paying attention (cuz I'm multi-tasking reading and post stuff on the board with the tv on) and missed the announcement. Which country is it that has the baby blue flag with a yellow cross? The women wore Chinese style dress, I thought it was very pretty and nice that they adopted the traditional dress of the hosting country.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Bronze Member

I'm sorry to read about Paul having to drop out. I was really hoping he would heal in time for the games.

Bronze Member

I thought the Opening Ceremony was magnificent!!I knew it would rank right up there with Athens. The only thing that would have made it better for my watching would have been to see it live. Then maybe we wouldn't have had what seemed like a couple hours of commercials from NBC. I enjoyed seeing the March of the Athletes having a great time. It's a once in a lifetime exp. for most of them.
    Seeing that tiny 9yr old boy (hero of China) walking beside Yao Ming was so heartwarming.
    This was well worth 4 hours of my time.

A*O

Yes but where the hell does Sarah Brightman fit into all this? LOL
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I wonder if they are regretting choosing China to host the Olympics.

I loved the opening ceremonies-just spectacular! Of the athletes: Italy gets it for the best outfits,France second and Hungary gets it for the most horrific outfits ever made!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I loved the opening ceremonies-just spectacular! Of the athletes: Italy gets it for the best outfits,France second and Hungary gets it for the most horrific outfits ever made!
    I have to add the USA on that list. I thought they looked quite snappy. ITA about Hungary though.

Quote Originally Posted by S&R's Mom View Post
    I have to add the USA on that list. I thought they looked quite snappy. ITA about Hungary though.
    Oh,I agree! I always think ours look smart. I just think of other countries Italy won,IMO!
    They all were suffering with that heat! Shorts & tank tops might have felt better!

I watched some of the Opening Ceremonies and it was good. I always get nostalgic when it comes to this stuff.

Seriously, last night we went out with friends and I still cannot talk about the 1980 Mens Olympic Hockey team...without getting misty. Christ I cannot even type it w/o choking up.

Thought I obviously I know thats the Winter Games, but you get the drift.

Should be a good few weeks!

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I loved the Opening Ceremonies--i get totally swept away by the magic. I have to admit i missed the Athens Opening Ceremonies . I love all the symbolism of peace and harmony --even if it's hypocritical it's such a beautiful concept that one day the world could get along (i know, never gonna happen).

I'm frustrated with the time difference though! During the day here it's night there and vice versa. Arrghh.

I'm so sad our men's gym team didn't qualify for team finals and that Kyle Shewfelt didn't make floor or vault finals .
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

As an Australian, I just want to say I'm glad the rest of the world didn't get our broadcast.

Have some goddamn CLASS Australia! The outfits were HEINOUS. The women who had flatted the heel of the ballet slippers to turn them into flats without heel support were tacky.

I'm all for team pride, but for FFS, the hollering, jumping, running up to the cameras when the Chinese officials were on the sideline shepherding them to stay within the white line. How tacky.

I noticed a very lovely group of dark skinned women who had white head dresses on, does anybody know what country they are from? Wow. They were beautiful.
    ssabmud

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information