Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Beijing Olympics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Oh man, that British section in the closing ceremony was crap Embarrassing.
    Right now,it is 9 in the morning-we don't get to see it until tonight! Rats.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^Lucky you! Lol. The sound was bad. I couldn't hear a word that the singer, Leona Lewis, was singing.

^Lucky you! Lol. The sound was bad. I couldn't hear a word that the singer, Leona Lewis, was singing.

Her singing was awful! I hope their opening ceremony is much better.

A*O

Oh man, that British section in the closing ceremony was crap Embarrassing.
    It was excruciating! Boris Johnston (mayor of London and all round good bloke IMO) came shambling in looking - as usual - like an unmade bed. The "British" theme was almost too embarrassing to watch but at least we didn't have to endure the famous Chinese soprano Sarah Brightman squawking like in the opening ceremony.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Good job,China! The people were terrific and the ceremonies were just fabulous. Enjoyed every minute!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

I wonder if the two little old ladies who lost their homes and legally protested using the government's own special protest policies put in place for the Olympics enjoyed every minute? They're spending a year in a "re-education" camp with a few other "dunces."

Quote Originally Posted by gogodancer View Post
    I wonder if the two little old ladies who lost their homes and legally protested using the government's own special protest policies put in place for the Olympics enjoyed every minute? They're spending a year in a "re-education" camp with a few other "dunces."
    Sometimes you just have to take things as they are. Hating the Olympics won't help them at all. Open doors with the west just might. I stand by it-I loved every minute.

PS-I sure as hell don't approve of dogs for dinner,either. Doesn't change the Olympics.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

All the free trade with the west for the past several years hasn't changed China's abysmal human rights' record one bit. It's a theory, but it hasn't proved itself yet.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It was excruciating! Boris Johnston (mayor of London and all round good bloke IMO) came shambling in looking - as usual - like an unmade bed. The "British" theme was almost too embarrassing to watch but at least we didn't have to endure the famous Chinese soprano Sarah Brightman squawking like in the opening ceremony.
    I agree; London's presentation was just like London itself...a little grubby and half-assed and embarrassing, mainly because London has such a vibe to it and could be so much more if it would put in the effort. If the British could be bothered, they'd be a force to reckon with. But...they can't be.

That bit with the double-decker bus was GHEY. Beckham, brollies, and buses. Stereotypes R Us!

And...is it me, or did the NBC commentator refer to the former mayor of London as "Ken Wellingstone?"

I enjoyed the Olympics..Go Phelps
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I enjoyed the Olympics..Go Phelps
    I agree, they were great. I'm still not a fan of the Chinese government, but they dropped billions on this Olympics and the ones in London will pale in comparison. That water cube was so fucking cool.

I could only get into these games because I put blinders on for the most part. I don't agree with the treatment of their people, nor do I agree with them eating dogs, but I wanted to watch the games, and cheer on the athletes. I was nostalgic, warm, and fuzzy..even when I saw Bush. I gleamed with pride of my country, while I cheered on athletes from other countries. The Olympics bring people together to compete, show off their talents, strengths, and show love for their country. We saw Georgians, and Russians hug while their countries were at war...that's what the Olympics are about. The people of China came out to support their countrymen/women, plus the other athletes from around the world..they were proud of the games that their country were putting forth! I love the Olympics, I love them for what they stand for, how they bring people together, and how they make me feel. So, I saw pass all of China's faults, threw the politics out the window and enjoyed the Olympics. They built amazing facilities..I enjoyed the Olympics..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

My favorite part of the Olympics was watching Bolt break the records and his dancing lol. That guy sure is special.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    I agree; London's presentation was just like London itself...a little grubby and half-assed and embarrassing, mainly because London has such a vibe to it and could be so much more if it would put in the effort. If the British could be bothered, they'd be a force to reckon with. But...they can't be.
    LOL i love that about london though. it's a city that doesn't try too hard or take itself too seriously.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I wonder what the UK will do for their opening ceremony, assuming fireworks wont be over the top

Thread Information