Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beijing Olympics: Now Argentina's footballers photographed making 'slit-eyed' gesture

I find this hilarious, well maybe ironic would be a better word

I have worked with China for over 15 years and travelled there countless times, and the Chinese are soooo racist.

The Cantonese actually call caucasians 'gweilo' which means foreign devil. If you're black they call you 'hakgwei' translates to black ghost. The Mandarin speakers call whites 'guizi'. These are all condsidered insulting and derogative terms, and they will use them right in front of you.

They are also quite racist inside their own country with ethnic groups looking down on other ethnic groups.

Not that it makes what the team did right, but it certainly strikes me as funny.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

For all those who think that those pics mocking Asians are no big deal.
    Just a question, would it be ok for teams to be photographed in blackface when they are getting ready for the World Cup in South Africa? Maybe with their hair tied around a bone?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by KD View Post
    I would say that making fun of other races physical differences is racist. Regardless, the act itself is beyond juvenile, in incredibly poor taste, highly offensive and inflamatory.
    agreed

I love the Olympics.
    If not for watching the Olympics I would think all Russian woman were huge and all German women had foot long hair growing under their arms. Then walked in beautiful Ekaterina Gordeeva and Katerina Witt... now of course the cold war is over and we don't go by the media which fed us all these scare tactics.

There are some really beautiful Chinese people. To say the Chinese is racist is a bit of a joke, I've never met anyone in my life that didn't have some sort of racism going on. Chinese, Japanese - well now theres one you have to expect.

I will say they need a better dental program

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    For all those who think that those pics mocking Asians are no big deal.
    Just a question, would it be ok for teams to be photographed in blackface when they are getting ready for the World Cup in South Africa? Maybe with their hair tied around a bone?
    Thank you! If the games were held in an African country and there were photos of people trying to make their lips big or in blackface would that be racist enough for you guys?

And I don't see what's so funny about the fact that there's racism in China... all countries have some degree of racial intolerance. It strikes me as incredibly juvenile to think that there's some kind of humor in any of this.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
    all countries have some degree of racial intolerance.
    That's what I find so funny. That all cultures are racist, yet everyone is so quick to scream racism and point fingers.

Racists getting upset by other racists???? It's fucking hilarious to me. Like a fire at the firehouse.

Humor, it makes life way better.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

well this effin thread kept me up all night. i just want to clarify i WAS NOT being racist when i asked my question. i was being honest. i HONESTLY didnt understand it when i asked why it was racist. i'm not doing a GBCB, but i'll be damned if i'm made to feel like an idiot because i asked an honest question. for those of you that i offended, i apologize, it was unintentional. i'm not stupid, i'm not mean, apparently i'm uninformed.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    well this effin thread kept me up all night. i just want to clarify i WAS NOT being racist when i asked my question. i was being honest. i HONESTLY didnt understand it when i asked why it was racist. i'm not doing a GBCB, but i'll be damned if i'm made to feel like an idiot because i asked an honest question. for those of you that i offended, i apologize, it was unintentional. i'm not stupid, i'm not mean, apparently i'm uninformed.
    Thing is they didn't do it to be nice, they did it to be assholes.
    It used to be the thing to make fun of asian peoples eyes and some had surgery to change it, or so I read - no one wanted to be Asian after WW2. That was a long time ago. With time we should be smarter but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    That's what I find so funny. That all cultures are racist, yet everyone is so quick to scream racism and point fingers.

Racists getting upset by other racists???? It's fucking hilarious to me. Like a fire at the firehouse.

Humor, it makes life way better.
    That's normally how it works isn't it?

i would fucking KILL for a minority term called 'black ghost'

that shit is REAL.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

From a personal standpoint, I find the 'slit-eyed' gesture offensive. I clearly remember my first day of school in elementary and since I was new, I was trying to make friends. When I introduced myself to one girl, she said that freaking stupid chant as Rica mentioned on the first page. She pulled back her eyes and laughed. I honestly wanted to punch her in the face.
    Rock the fuck on!

KD
    Elite Member

^You should've.

Kids are mean, but as adults I can ony hope we evolve. And as far as the Chinese being racist, this excuses the behaviour, somehow?

^You should've.

Kids are mean, but as adults I can ony hope we evolve. And as far as the Chinese being racist, this excuses the behaviour, somehow?
    Believe me, KD, I wanted to knock her on her ass but I was taught violence wasn't the answer. It's just that I figured she must've learned it somewhere.
    Rock the fuck on!

KD
    Elite Member

Likely from other kids, HL. I am sure my parents would have been appalled at some of the mean things I said as a kid.

Once, I called a girl fat (I was 7) when I told a parent, I was told to apologize to the girl. I then told her I was sorry she was fat.

I then told her I was sorry she was fat.
    "Hi Suzy. My dad told me to tell you that 'I'm sorry you're fat'".
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Likely from other kids, HL. I am sure my parents would have been appalled at some of the mean things I said as a kid.

Once, I called a girl fat (I was 7) when I told a parent, I was told to apologize to the girl. I then told her I was sorry she was fat.
    That's funny. As for that chinese/japanese chant thing, I remember loads of people doing that at primary school. No-one had any idea it was racist or wrong at that age.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information