Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baseball has started!!

Quote Originally Posted by silver024 View Post
    ugh we are 1-6 already...its sad, really really sad..theres so much talent on the team this year and they are making stupid little league mistakes

anyone see the mets/phils game yesterday?? dont worry..you didnt miss anything, only the mets scoring 7 runs in one inning...pathetic
    I was at Shea for the game yesterday. It was f'ing freezing, a fine April day in NYC. A balmy 41 degrees.

Jimmy Rollins was not only booed throughout the game, but he got name checked after his error lead to those 7 runs. "Jimmmyyyyyy Rooollllinnnnssss". So much for the Phillies being the self-professed team to beat.

It's still early in the season, but my Mets look as if they are once again the NL East team to beat.

Hey baseball fans- did you see my post about the MLB Blind Items? Anyone got some guesses? I'm curious to know who the babydaddy is, I think it's Farnsworth b/c he knocked up that girl last year.

On the DL website, 4/01/07
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

aw crap dj...i wanted to ask the bf about the blind items on friday but i forgot

phils won last night..woohoo!!
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I'm very disappointed in my Phillies. They are better than they are playing.

Elite Member

Alright I'm pissed now. After the pretty obvious J. Hamilton blind item comes word from Narron that Freel will be moved form center (a position he had to work his ass off for last year to prove himself worthy of) to accomodate Hamilton and replace Encarnacion and Brandon Phillips at 3rd & 2nd, respectively.

So because this douchebag has the coach by the wang 3 players who've PAID THEIR DUES will be benched to make room for his sorry ass.

By the way I think your Phillies are playing my Reds soon--do you sense a few Phillies wins as much as I sense a few Reds losses? lol Keep yer heads up guys, the season's waaaay early
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

The phillies seem to find a way to lose to everyone

Well, the Phillies have plenty of time to make good on Jimmy Rollins' declaration that they're the team to beat.

I'm just bummed that the Sox were rained out today. I wonder if they'll play their 10 AM Patriots Day game tomorrow or if that'll be rained out too.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

we were at the phils game friday night..it was pretty chilly...chicks never cease to amaze me, showing up in flip-flops and a tiny zip up hoodie..or better yet stilettos and a jean skirt...hello!??!! its maybe 40 degrees out.

Two douche bags came down and sat in someone's seats..then stood the whole time they were down there...we pay a lot of money to sit 26 rows off the field, and i want to see the game, not the back of two white boys who think they are from the hood. Theres no reason you need to stand to see anything from where we sit, unless everyone else is standing of course. Of course they only person they have enough balls to talk back to is me. Bf was ready to kick some ass, along with the other guys that sit around us.

What sucks about the phillies is they did the same shit last year, with a worse team. Started out horrible, and then played catch up the rest of the season.

Phils play the Reds april 20th-22nd. The game got rained out yesterday...i dunno what is with the weather here...its friggin snowing/raining/sleeting and everything is flooded. Next game we go to is the Marlins on the 28th, hopefully by then the weather warms up a bit..theres just something not right about wearing a scarf, hat, winter jacket and having a blanket over you at a baseball game. They play the mets today, does shea stadium have a roof? if not, i doubt they will play today either..and tomorrow..and wednesday they play the nationals..i dont think this crappy weather is supposed to stop until wednesday.

edit...excuse my retardedness, the mets come to philly today..so they most likely wont be playing
    Last edited by silver024; April 16th, 2007 at 09:46 AM.

Keep the faith Silver, I love that you're a devoted Phillies fan!

Red Sox won their freaking early Patriots Day game. w00t! Sox took 3-4 from the Angels with a rainout to make up.

How about all this rain! It's totally effing up the schedule, all these teams'll be playing make-up games and doubleheaders all season long.

Elite Member

We beat the Brewers! Woohoo! 1st place still! And the Cardinals are in a tie for 3rd! How long can this last? lol
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

I hope the Reds do well- I hate the Cardinals with a passion. Can not stand Tony LaRussa.

phils lost again last night

anyone else see after the game where charlie manuel and howard eskin got into it..two employees actually had to pull charlie away

maybe ill start rooting for the reds too..anyone is better than my team right now

I read about that on espn! But I think it's good Manuel got pissed off, showing some fight- maybe the team got a little fired up and they'll get going.

It's ONLY APRIL btw, the Phillies should be fine- it's a long season.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I don't care how much the Astros screw up but I love them!!!!!!!!!

i know, i know..its early in the season, but you have to understand that i am a philadelphia sports fan..we have been waiting for some kind of title for years!! Eagles let us down, Flyers let us down big time this year, and the 76ers.. i should be used to it by now

if you havent ever heard of "the curse" heres the history

"I saw a screening of "The Curse of William Penn" (at the 16th Annual Philadelphia Film Festival), and it theorized that the ghost of the city's founder is upset that buildings have been constructed taller than his statue, which sits atop City Hall. In 1984, a year after the 76ers won the NBA Championship, plans were made for One Liberty Place, and in 1987, that structure became the first of many buildings to tower over Penn -- and no Philly sports team has won since. The filmmakers don't think this is a coincidence, so there's your curse if you choose to accept it."
    ----------------

Penn needs to get over it...hes still one of the first things you see driving into center city

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information