Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Back To Basics: Sports That Have No Place In The Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
    What's next, Olympic knitting?"
    Olympic poker!
    McJag and dexter7 like this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I could get at least a bronze in poker!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Sync swimming has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. OMG, they should be embarrassed!
    Bellatheball likes this.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Sync swimming has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. OMG, they should be embarrassed!
    It's a hell of a lot harder than it looks. Raising 2/3 of your body out of the water using nothing but your strength is incredibly difficult, especially when you're supposed to look pretty doing it.

Gold Member

I'm actually fine with most of the sports being there - for many of the sports the Olympics is their pinnacle and the only time they get any shred of attention.

Olympic time I will pretty much watch anything except for synchronized swimming - that might be the only event I would take out.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    It's a hell of a lot harder than it looks. Raising 2/3 of your body out of the water using nothing but your strength is incredibly difficult, especially when you're supposed to look pretty doing it.
    So very pretty.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I don't watch the Olympics, I just go to facebook, and I'm immediately well versed. It's like Readers' Digest - I get a short description, a photo and a link to the highlights. This way all sports are interesting.
    Waterslide likes this.

^ Facebook: The Cliffs Notes Guide to the Summer Olympics.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

A*O

BMX bikes. WTF??
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Don't really give a fuck on how hard it is... It is ridiculous and they look like fools. Once they learn how to do their little routines out of the water is when I will be impressed.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Someone on local sports radio this morning said Roger Goodell petitioned to have football added. What the ever loving fuck? I hope they were kidding.
    Fuck that stupid motherfucking asshole cuntrag douchebag fuck him right in his left fucking eye.

George has an answer for everything

GEORGE CARLIN AND SPORTS
    To my way of thinking there are really only three sports: baseball, basketball, and football. Everything else is either a game or an activity.

Hockey comes to mind. People think hockey is a sport. It's not. Hockey is three activities taking place at the same time: ice skating, fooling around with a puck, and beating the shit out of somebody. If these guys had more brains then teeth, they'd do these things one at a time. First go ice-skating, then fool around with a puck, then you go to the bar and beat the shit out of somebody. The day would last longer, and these guys would have a lot more fun. Another reason why hockey isn't a sport is that it's not played with a ball. Anything not played with a ball can't be a sport. These are my rules, I make 'em up.

Soccer. Soccer is not a sport because you can't use your arms. Anything where you can't use your arms can't be a sport. Tap dancing isn't a sport. I rest my case.

Running. People think running is a sport. Running isn't a sport because anybody can do it. I can run, you can run. For Christ sakes, my mother can run! You don't see her on the cover of Sports Illustrated, do you?

Swimming. Swimming isn't a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That's just common sense. Sailing isn't a sport. Sailing is a way to get somewhere. Riding the bus isn't a sport, why the fuck should sailing be a sport?

Boxing is not a sport either. Boxing is a way to beat the shit out of somebody. In that respect, boxing is actually a more sophisticated way of hockey. In spite of what the police tell you, beating the shit out of somebody is not a sport. When police brutality becomes an Olympic event, fine, then boxing can be a sport.

Bowling. Bowling isn't a sport because you have to rent shoes. Don't forget, these are my rules. I make 'em up.

Billiards. Some people think billiards is a sport, but it can't be, because there's no chance of serious injury. Unless, of course, you welch on a bet in a tough neighborhood. Then, if you wind up with a pool cue stickin' out of your ass, you know you might be the victim of a sports-related injury. But that ain't billiards, that's pool, and that starts with a P, and that rhymes with D, and that brings me to darts.

Darts could have been a sport, because at least there's a chance to put someone's eye out. But, alas, darts will never be a sport, because the whole object of the game is to reach zero, which goes against all sports logic.

Lacrosse is not a sport; lacrosse is a (edit for words I don't approve of) college activity. I don't care how rough it is, anytime you're running around a field, waving a stick with a little net on the end of it, you're engaged in a (same edit) college activity. Period.

Field hockey and fencing. Same thing.(same edit) college shit. Also these activities aren't sports, because you can't gamble on them. Anything you can't gamble on can't be a sport. When was the last time you made a fuckin' fencing bet?

Gymnastics is not a sport because Romanians are good at it. It took me a long time to come up with that rule, but goddammit, I did it.

Polo isn't a sport. Polo is golf on horseback. Without holes. It's a great concept, but not a sport. And as far as water polo is concerned, I hesitate to even mention it, because it's extremely cruel to horses.

Which brings me to hunting. You think hunting is a sport? Ask the deer. The only good thing about hunting is the many fatal accidents on the weekends. And, of course, the permanently disfigured hunters who survive such accidents.

Then you have tennis. Tennis is very trendy and very fruity, but it's not a sport. It's just a way to meet other trendy fruits. Technically, tennis is an advanced form a Ping-Pong. In fact, tennis is Ping-Pong played while standing on the table. Great concept, not a sport.

In fact, all racket games are nothing more the derivatives of Ping-Pong. Even volleyball is, technically, racketless, team Ping-Pong played with an inflated ball and raised net while standing on the table.

And finally welcome to golf. For my full take on golf, I refer you elsewhere in the book, but let it just be said golf is a game that might possibly be fun, if it could be played alone. But it's the vacuous, striving, superficial, male-bonding joiners one has to associate with that makes it such a repulsive pastime. And it is decidedly not a sport. Period.
    Last edited by shedevilang; August 8th, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Now that's some waterpoof makeup.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

You edited George Carlin?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

just exactly what words are there that Shedevil doesn't approve of???
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

No equestrian (the horse is the athlete)
    Thank you! Now this could be a real event if they had riders draw a random horse, work with it for a week, and then be judged. That cold be interesting instead of who has enough money to buy the best horse. Take Ellen Whitaker...she dropped out of 2008 competition after her horse was hurt. If she's such an athlete, why couldn't she choose another horse from her millionaire family's barn to compete with?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information