Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Back To Basics: Sports That Have No Place In The Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Boxing, equestrian, ping pong, professional players in basketball, hand ball's kind of dumb (looks like some made up gym class game). I'll think of more.
    I agree with all of these, especially the bolded. not that I watch anyway
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I like it all. I like that it's a super wide variety of things that are popular in different parts of the world. In fact, I'd love it if they added a few more things. Several things I think we could do without including soccer and basketball since they are way too common and already have too many "world" events.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I think the Olympics should go back to the motto of "faster, higher, stronger". So I suppose that would cut out most team sports, equestrian, shooting, archery, synchronised swimming and probably diving (which I love!).

On a side note: how awesome is that South African man with the prosthetic legs?? That is truly inspirational!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Wait a minute! I like beach volleyball and shooting and fencing.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Agree with most but would absolutely keep sand volleyball and soccer. Those are true athletes.
    JadeStar70 likes this.

Does anyone remember back in the 80's when rumor had it they were thinking about adding break dancing to the Olympics? Puh-leeze.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Don't mess with fencing! It's been in the modern Olympics since 1896 and it's awesome!

I would personally weed out football, basketball and tennis cause they are boring in the Olympics. So glad to see Baseball is gone! Not happy about including golf and rugby in the next but perhaps they will not be too bad. Would leave in Water Polo, Hockey, Handball, Volleyball etc because there are less international competitions in these.

I'd kick out ridic stuff like trampoline, synchr. diving, synchr. swimming, rhythmic gymnastics and have fewer sailing events because they are hard to watch and take way too long. Also Walking in track and field, who the hell thought of this thing? It looks unnatural and horrible.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Well I love tennis and badminton so personally I would want to keep them. Yeah, tennis is massive and has multiple slams and championships every year, but the Olympics is only once every four and because the faces are recognisable I think it's good for Olympic 'fever'. And I just like badminton, so ner.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Anything that has to be judged rather than just won outright. Unfortunately that would include a lot of my favourite events like diving and gymnastics, but they have their own world championships as well. I just think having "impartial" judges is where the most corruption occurs, so take them out of the equation and the Olympic movement might go back to being an inspiration rather than the bloated moneymaking joke it is now.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Eh, I don't feel too strongly about any of these. I probably only watch gymnastics, swimming, diving and rowing. I thought synchonized diving was interesting to watch, but I kind of feel like it's a runoff of people who didn't make the cut for solo diving for whatever reason. I like fencing. I've always had a similar thought that the beach volleyball was for pervs (lol), but I don't mind it as a sport if they'd cover up a bit more. Soccer, tennis and basketball have their own venues, those could go. Watching water polo is mind-numbing. As for shooting, I'd probably laugh in someone's face if they told me they were an Olympic shooter. Like really?

Now the winter games on the other hand, curling will always be the biggest WTF sport ever to me.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Curling rocks! It's like bowling/bocce on ice for fat guys. Very addictive.
    Waterslide likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Yeah, I agree curling is kind of addictive, every time it's on I become comatose and kind of stare at it and can't look away. It probably does take a lot of skill and talent to get that rock down the lane, and it might even be a nice way to spend an afternoon, but who did the curling people have to blow to get that accepted as an Olympic sport?
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Yet all of these games you want to junk have monster crowds of people who enjoy it.
    Maybe we just don't all have to like the same games.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Don't worry Jaggie, we don't have any actual power to affect which sports are and are not included. I think they're safe for now. Now if these things were determined by celebrity gossip bloggers using our wit and conversations as their daily content (without credit), then some of these sports WOULD be in trouble.
    Waterslide and McJag like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I have nothing against any of the sports listed...but I honestly do NOT understand how ping pong is considered an Olympic sport while baseball and softball got the axe. WTF??? If they're going to have team sports, then bring back baseball and softball!

And I agree with KrisNine about fencing. I fenced at university and it is seriously hard work.
    McJag likes this.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information