Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone watching the Superbowl right now?

Silver Member

I can't believe the Giants won. Congratulations Giants fans!!! This must be a sweeet victory.

(How did the Patriots cheat?)

I was assuming this was what King was referring to, and what I was talking about:

Report: Pats filmed Rams before '02 Super Bowl

Team, NFL deny paper's accusations

A member of the Patriots' video staff taped the Rams' last walk-through before the 2002 Super Bowl, the Boston Herald reported Saturday.

The NFL, however, said it was satisfied this was not another Spygate.

"We were aware of the rumor months ago and looked into it," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told the Associated Press. "There was no evidence of it on the tapes or in the notes produced by the Patriots, and the Patriots told us it was not true."

Citing an unidentified source, the newspaper reported that a Patriots employee recorded the Rams' walk-through at the Superdome in New Orleans a day before Super Bowl XXXVI. New England beat the heavily favored Rams 20-17.

The Herald reported that a source close to the Patriots that season said the team held a walk-through before the game on Feb. 3, 2002. The paper said that after the Patriots took a team picture, a member of their video department stayed and taped the Rams.

It was unknown whether the cameraman was told by the Patriots to film the practice or what he did with the tape, the Herald said.

Mike Martz, who was St. Louis' coach during the Super Bowl game in question, spoke to ESPN.com about the allegations.

"I hope that is not true," Martz said. "I have great respect for Bill Belichick. It's hard to believe that is true."

New England spokesman Stacey James told the AP: "The suggestion that the New England Patriots recorded the St. Louis Rams' walk-through ... is absolutely false."

Rumors of the Super Bowl incident first circulated shortly after September's Spygate affair, in which a Patriots employee was caught taping Jets signals.

Matt Walsh, a Patriots video assistant from 1996 until he was fired in 2003, has suggested to ESPN.com that he had information potentially embarrassing to the team and the NFL. The league has not spoken to Walsh, who has declined to detail any allegations without getting immunity from prosecution.

Extra points

After missing a week of practice with ankle and knee injuries, Giants receiver Plaxico Burress participated in a walk-through Saturday. "He gets a little bit better each day," coach Tom Coughlin said. ... Fans shouldn't worry if the Patriots don't score in the first 15 minutes -- they didn't score in the first quarter of their three Super Bowl wins. They scored 14 in the first quarter against Green Bay in the 1997 Super Bowl and three against the Bears in 1986 -- and lost both times.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...ck=2&cset=true
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

^^Yeah, January, I was talking about that Rams incident, Spygate, and the fact that Belichick cheated on his wife and broke up his marriage and somebody else's. And I'll say it again:

Cheaters never prosper. And almost perfect doesn't count, either.

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake View Post
    Same here and my Bears are crappier! I'm just glad the Pats lost.

Hey, that's ok... at least your Bears aren't KC Chief "material".

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Never thought I read those words from you, RIS.

And Plaxico was the man, not to mention, he predicted the Giants would win, 21-17. And Tom Brady came out and said that Plaxico was crazy to think that the Patriots wouldn't score more than 17 points, and they didn't even score that. I can die happy now.
    KC, Eli did something even I didn't think he could do...he earned my respect as a player. Tyree, Burress, Strahan and the rest of the team will not be disrespected by me. I do reserve the right to yell "IDIOT" when Eli does a typical dumb move. I respect him now, but I know Eli will give me something to laugh about.

Watching Tom Brady roll on his back like the bitch, was icing on the cake, sprinkles, chocolate chips, and a gold plated candle. Sacked 5 times. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! CHEATING BITCH!

I guess that parade was quietly canceled as Brady cried into Belichek's crotch.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    KC, Eli did something even I didn't think he could do...he earned my respect as a player. Tyree, Burress, Strahan and the rest of the team will not be disrespected by me. I do reserve the right to yell "IDIOT" when Eli does a typical dumb move. I respect him now, but I know Eli will give me something to laugh about.

Watching Tom Brady roll on his back like the bitch, was icing on the cake, sprinkles, chocolate chips, and a gold plated candle. Sacked 5 times. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! CHEATING BITCH!

I guess that parade was quietly canceled as Brady cried into Belichek's crotch.
    Yeah, I hear you about Eli. He DEFINITELY earned my respect. But I do reserve the right to rip on him when he does something stupid, too.

But after leading the Giants to a Super Bowl win, and crushing the Pats' dreams of perfection, he can screw up all of next season and I'll probably give him a free pass.

And watching Tom Brady become a human grass stain throughout the Super Bowl was a memory I'll carry for years to come.

Oh, by the way, you did you hear that Tom and Randy Moss decided NOT to go to the Pro Bowl because they were so upset about losing. Talk about being sore losers. I LOVE it!

This has been the best day! I watched ESPN & NFL just so I could relive it all & hear all the high praises! I swear,I have never seen such an exciting game-ever!! I have loved every minute of it.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yeah, I hear you about Eli. He DEFINITELY earned my respect. But I do reserve the right to rip on him when he does something stupid, too.

But after leading the Giants to a Super Bowl win, and crushing the Pats' dreams of perfection, he can screw up all of next season and I'll probably give him a free pass.

And watching Tom Brady become a human grass stain throughout the Super Bowl was a memory I'll carry for years to come.

Oh, by the way, you did you hear that Tom and Randy Moss decided NOT to go to the Pro Bowl because they were so upset about losing. Talk about being sore losers. I LOVE it!
    You know, Eli is going to get a slew of free passes. After managing to elude most of the Pats defense and somehow throw a completion, he deserves a few get-out-of-the-asylum-free cards.

I really thought Bitch would cry after being sacked so many times. He was used to pack the turf, making it more solid and stable for the Giants to run upon. The only event that could have made me smile harder would have been Coughlin punching Bitchchek in the nose and Strahan in Brady's face singing," Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, NYAHHHHHHH!"

Goodie! They won't be there! That means Peyton will be the starting QB? This is getting better and better!

Maybe Brady will retire to a secluded area and live a quiet life with his husband? I won't miss him.

You know, Eli is going to get a slew of free passes. After managing to elude most of the Pats defense and somehow throw a completion, he deserves a few get-out-of-the-asylum-free cards.

I really thought Bitch would cry after being sacked so many times. He was used to pack the turf, making it more solid and stable for the Giants to run upon. The only event that could have made me smile harder would have been Coughlin punching Bitchchek in the nose and Strahan in Brady's face singing," Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, NYAHHHHHHH!"

Goodie! They won't be there! That means Peyton will be the starting QB? This is getting better and better!

Maybe Brady will retire to a secluded area and live a quiet life with his husband? I won't miss him.
    Yeah, Eli has definitely earned some free passes, especially in N.Y. Not only did he bring us a Super Bowl, but he amped up the N.Y./Boston rivalry by allowing us to laugh in Boston's face for years to come.

Brady's husband? That's so wrong, but accurate.

Did you catch the Giants parade in N.Y.? It was perfect. Michael Strahan led the team and crowd in screaming how the Giants had STOMPED the Patriots. I loved every second of it.

And, yeah, Peyton will be the starter in the Pro Bowl. And, once again, a Manning supplants Brady. He should be used to that by now. Last year, Peyton beat him in the AFC championship and then won the Super Bowl, and then Eli, and the Giants, HUMILIATED him to win the Super Bowl. Poor Brady.

Yeah, Eli has definitely earned some free passes, especially in N.Y. Not only did he bring us a Super Bowl, but he amped up the N.Y./Boston rivalry by allowing us to laugh in Boston's face for years to come.

Brady's husband? That's so wrong, but accurate.

Did you catch the Giants parade in N.Y.? It was perfect. Michael Strahan led the team and crowd in screaming how the Giants had STOMPED the Patriots. I loved every second of it.

And, yeah, Peyton will be the starter in the Pro Bowl. And, once again, a Manning supplants Brady. He should be used to that by now. Last year, Peyton beat him in the AFC championship and then won the Super Bowl, and then Eli, and the Giants, HUMILIATED him to win the Super Bowl. Poor Brady.
    Yea, Manning's are the Superwhiner's kryptonite.

I love Michael Strahan. Anyone who can talk smack is a friend of mine. If he talks smack on someone like Brady, I will be his...never mind.

Peyton is my favorite , but Eli is moving up the list. Burress, Tyree, and Strahan have made their first appearances on that list, kicking Reggie Bush and Tony Romo off!

My jersey game is going to be totally revamped next year.

Yea, Manning's are the Superwhiner's kryptonite.

I love Michael Strahan. Anyone who can talk smack is a friend of mine. If he talks smack on someone like Brady, I will be his...never mind.

Peyton is my favorite , but Eli is moving up the list. Burress, Tyree, and Strahan have made their first appearances on that list, kicking Reggie Bush and Tony Romo off!

My jersey game is going to be totally revamped next year.
    Yeah, Super Tom isn't so super when he runs up against the Manning boys.

And, yeah, you gotta love Strahan. I'm happy he, and Amani Toomer, finally got their rings. But I don't think Strahan will retire, yet. He's having too much fun. But if he does, then he'll go out on top.

And I kept meaning to buy myself a Giants jersey for the last couple of years, but never had the extra cash. And I had intended on buying a Tiki Barber one, up until he shot his mouth off. So, I'll probably be buying a Strahan, Plaxico Burress or David Tyree jersey. Hell, I might even buy Eli's jersey, which I thought would NEVER happen.

And next year's Super Bowl could be the Manning Bowl. Eli vs. Peyton. It's coming down the road, eventually.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information