Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Any Cubs fans here?

  1. #31
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,390

    Default

    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  2. #32
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,144

    Default

    I love my Twins and Red Sox, but I'm thrilled for the Cubs. One of the best baseball games I've seen. Congrats to them and all their fans. Well deserved!

  3. #33
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    23,350

    Default

    Good job Cubbies! Party like it's 1908.

  4. #34
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,807

    Default

    Congratulations, Cubs fans, from a Red Sox fan!

    And how 'bout that Theo Epstein!
    C_is_for_Cookie and Jexxifer like this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

  5. #35
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    24,632

    Default

    CUBBIES! So happy for all of Chicago today. It's been a while. Love it, revel in it, bathe yourself in it. It's delicious.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  6. #36
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    21,431

    Default

    WOW. I'm so glad it's over. Don't think I could take another game like that one!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



  7. #37
    Elite Member gas_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    43,854

    Default

    Congrats to the Cubs!
    stella blue likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

  8. #38
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    14,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I haven't been this excited about a World Series since the 95 Braves. I grew up near Atlanta, so the Braves were my #1, but the Cubbies were on when I got home from school, so they were #2, and we used to go to Atlanta to see them play each other (my brother and I even stalked the Cubs for autographs in the hotel lobby.)

    So GOOOOO CUBS!!!!!!!!
    Pushing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I'm going for the Cubs. #1 reason is that a "friend" lied to me about backing a local politician and he's a white sox fan.
    That is some seriously crazy troll Florida logic.

    Cleveland born and raised. Was at NBA Game 7 in June and MLB Game 6 on Tuesday. It never felt like Cleveland's series, so I'm happy for the Chicago fans. Tribe was never supposed to be there and gave it a helluva ride. But y'all better watch it with all this Chicago love.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  9. #39
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    23,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Pushing it...



    That is some seriously crazy troll Florida logic.
    No, it's not. That was only one reason anyway, it may have been the #1 reason, but not the only reason.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  10. #40
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Hi montana! My hubby is from Cleveland, and I'm from Chicago. So it's been real fun in my house! I'm more of a white sox fan, so I lovingly agreed to support Cleveland during the series. Maybe I jinxed the Indians. But it was amazing how well matched the teams were, it wasn't an easy win. And Cleveland was playing without their 2 starting pitchers. But half of my Chicago family is soooooo happy right now, it's hard not to be touched by the relief they all feel. Maybe Indians can win next year.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

  11. #41
    Elite Member C_is_for_Cookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,726

    Default

    I can't wait to see how many people will be there for the parade!
    Brookie likes this.
    avatar made by green_queen@LJ

  12. #42
    Elite Member stella blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post

    Cleveland born and raised. Was at NBA Game 7 in June and MLB Game 6 on Tuesday. It never felt like Cleveland's series, so I'm happy for the Chicago fans. Tribe was never supposed to be there and gave it a helluva ride. But y'all better watch it with all this Chicago love.
    What an exciting series - I love it when it can go either way. It was terrific fun to watch all around.

  13. #43
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Apocalyptic
    Posts
    26,158

    Default

    Cubs fan gets sucker punched:

    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

  14. #44
    Elite Member JadeStar70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BFE, Iowa
    Posts
    7,566

    Default

    So what date will they say the Cubs won? They started the game on the 2nd, but it ended in OH after midnight. So,..is it the 2nd or 3rd? The reason I ask is because my daughter was in labor with my 1st grand child Wednesday night, but had him at 1:41 am on the 3rd. We want to know if we have bragging rights that he was born on the night the Cubs beat the billy goat curse. He is beautiful by the way....

  15. #45
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    23,350

    Default

    Congrats to the new grandmother! That's a good question.
    JadeStar70 likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tiger Cubs
    By Honey in forum Pets and Animals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 27th, 2010, 09:22 PM
  2. Three Siberian tiger cubs on a log
    By Honey in forum Pets and Animals
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 29th, 2009, 09:07 AM
  3. Little bear cubs
    By Honey in forum Pets and Animals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 25th, 2009, 10:21 PM
  4. The first steps of the polar cubs
    By Honey in forum Pets and Animals
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 8th, 2009, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •