Thread: Michael Vick thinks Michael Vick is still worth a huge contract

Default Michael Vick thinks Michael Vick is still worth a huge contract

(see............sorry dog lovers!)

Michael Vick thinks Michael Vick is still worth a huge contract - Shutdown ... - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I don't know what kind of access Michael Vick has had to newspapers, magazines and the Internet in prison, but it seems like the news that he is no longer a hot commodity has not yet filtered down to Michael Vick.
    In papers he submitted to a bankruptcy court, Vick indicated that he plans on making $10 million per season, which I'm pretty sure would be a record for an ex-con who had a career quarterback rating of 75.7 when he went away. From the Atlanta Journal Constitution:
    The embattled Atlanta Falcons quarterback is hoping to earn as much as $10 million a year or more, according to court filings in his bankruptcy case. Under the plan he submitted to the court, Vick would keep the first $750,000 of his annual income over the next five years. After that, a percentage would go to his creditors based on a sliding scale. [...]
    In a March 4 court filing, Vick’s attorneys say he “has every reason to believe upon his release, he will be reinstated into the NFL, resume his career and be able to earn a substantial living.”
    “He is hopeful to play quarterback,” Daniel Meachum, an attorney and business manager for Vick, said in an interview. “There is no person with his talent in that position in all the league.”
    That may have been true at one time, but there are also no quarterbacks in the league who have spent the last nine months sitting in a jail cell and eating prison food. I'm not a nutritionist or anything, but I'm pretty sure that's not what NFL team doctors would recommend for keeping a guy in optimum game shape.
    The fact of the matter is that no one knows how Vick will perform when he gets out of the joint, though it seems extraordinarily unlikely that he'll look exactly the same as he did when he went in. Factor in the amount of teams scared off by the P.R. nightmare, and I think we're looking at a salary closer to $605,000, which was last year's veteran minimum for a seventh-year player.
    Gracias, FanHouse.

he could never play in the NFL, the booing would drown out every play call.,
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Is this fucker delusional?? Maybe he thinks that the bigwigs at AIG should get bigger bonuses, too.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

I think that many of the teams will not want to sign him because of the PR nightmare he would cause.

Wait, Jerry Jones is phoning him as we speak....
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Yes, he is worth a big contract alright, for a hitman.

Michael Vick- GFY!
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

I hope they do put his ass back in(he'll be easier to snipe) lol.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    I think that many of the teams will not want to sign him because of the PR nightmare he would cause.
    Exactly. But I think after he's out of jail for a year or two, some sorry team will still try to sign him if they really need somebody.

The way I look at it, unfortunately, in the larger scheme of things, plenty enough people probably think that what vick did wasn't as "bad" as something done against a human being. I mean, a guy can practically beat and choke a woman with extreme violence and many people are willing to overlook it. So for many it's "only" a dog.

Sure some execs will go through a phony show of concern, by saying, "oh, we thought long and hard, and had reservations at first, and we don't condone violence against animals, but at the same time we think everyone deserves a chance, yada yada yada." But in reality all along they could care less, and are dying to sign vick. Remember, no such thing as bad publicity, and if he turns a team into a winner (or puts up MVP numbers), all is forgiven and forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Sure some execs will go through a phony show of concern, by saying, "oh, we thought long and hard, and had reservations at first, and we don't condone violence against animals, but at the same time we think everyone deserves a chance, yada yada yada." But in reality all along they could care less, and are dying to sign vick. Remember, no such thing as bad publicity, and if he turns a team into a winner (or puts up MVP numbers), all is forgiven and forgotten.
    All of the above could have been shortened to "Jerry Jones -- Cowboys"
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Dog Killer!! Fuck Him.

Thread Information