Thread: Report: Ex-girlfriend sues Roberto Alomar, alleges AIDS

Default Report: Ex-girlfriend sues Roberto Alomar, alleges AIDS

Former New York Mets star Roberto Alomar had unprotected sex with his ex-girlfriend while he had full blown AIDS, a sensational lawsuit charges.

In the $15 million action filed in Brooklyn Federal court, Ilya Dall, of Queens, said the ballplayer tested positive for HIV in 2006 and a doctor later told him he had AIDS.

Dall said she tested negative for the disease but is claiming punitive damages for emotional distress. She also claims her children were exposed to the virus.

Alomar, 41, a 12-time All Star, who retired from baseball in 2005, began dating Dall in 2002, and began having unprotected sex with her a short time later, according to the suit.

Her suit does not claim that he knew he had AIDS when they were having unprotected sex but he had reason to think he might because his doctors kept advising him to be tested. He procrastinated and told her he was disease free, the suit says. In 2004, she said, she noticed he had cold sores. The following year he was diagnosed with a blood disorder that's linked to AIDS, the suit says.

Also in 2005, Alomar told Dall that when he once was raped by two Mexican men after playing a ballgame in New Mexico, according to the suit.
    Other symptoms began to develop, she says, including erectile dysfunction, a chronic cough, and fatigue.

A doctor insisted that the longtime second baseman take an HIV test, but Alomar continually refused, the suit charges.

Calls from The Associated Press seeking comment from lawyers for Alomar and Dall were not immediately returned. Alomar lawyer Charles Bach told the New York Daily News the allegations are "frivolous and baseless."

In January 2006, the suit alleges, he finally got tested and it was positive. Nine days later, doctors discovered a mass in his chest, and a spinal tap revealed that he had full blown AIDS.
    Alomar's two seasons with the Mets were considered disappointing, but he is considered a possible Hall of Fame candidate and may be elected when he becomes eligible next year.

But he will forever be remembered for an ugly incident in 1996 when, as a member of the Baltimore Orioles, he spat in the face of umpire John Hirschback during an argument over a called third strike.

He was suspended for five games. At the time there were allegation that the ump used a slur against Alomar, but that was never proven.
    A career .300 hitter with 10 Gold Gloves, Alomar broke in with the San Diego Padres in 1988 and also played for the Baltimore Orioles, Cleveland Indians, New York Mets, Arizona Diamondbacks and Chicago White Sox. He was out of baseball by 2005.

Alomar's father, Sandy, is the Mets bench coach. His brother, Sandy Jr., is a Met instructor.
    Additional reporting by Ed Robinson. Information from The Associated Press was also used in this report.

FOX Sports on MSN - MLB - Report: Ex-girlfriend sues Alomar, alleges AIDS

When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Bronze Member
    Searching for myself in this great big world.

Holy shit!! I am stunned. Those are some explosive allegations.
    "If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me." --RW Emerson

His story about getting raped by two Mexican men after a ball game doesn't ring true. Unless it was payback for something else like drugs, gambling, money he owed, etc, it sounds like something he'd tell her to cover up some gay dalliances he doesn't want to admit to.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    His story about getting raped by two Mexican men after a ball game doesn't ring true. Unless it was payback for something else like drugs, gambling, money he owed, etc, it sounds like something he'd tell her to cover up some gay dalliances he doesn't want to admit to.
    I agree with you. I was also surprised as I didn't know he had HIV.

Hit By Ban Bus!

she should not get any money at all considering she was not infected and he was not specifically diagnosed at the time of intercourse. She needs to take some responsibilty for her actions!!
    if she dosen't want to run the risk of contracting std's she should not have been having unprotected sex period!! there is always a risk without a condom and she should thank her lucky stars she does not have H.I.V!!!

She should consider herself blessed and thank whatever God she prays to and keep it moving.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I had no idea he had AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by emkat View Post
    I had no idea he had AIDS.
    I didn't either.. kinda sad. He played on the O's at the time when I was a big fan of theirs. Brady Anderson, Alomar... I just loved them..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I didn't either.. kinda sad. He played on the O's at the time when I was a big fan of theirs. Brady Anderson, Alomar... I just loved them..
    Me too! Raphael Palmero, Ripken...I never missed a game.

Here's an article from today's NY Daily News:

All-Star ex-Met Roberto Alomar says he's in good health and insists an ex-lover's $15 million lawsuit claim that he suffers from "full-blown AIDS" is "full of lies."

"This is a very private, personal matter and I greatly appreciate all the support I have received in the past few days from my family, friends and colleagues in baseball," Alomar said in a statement.

"I am in very good health and I ask that you respect my privacy during this time."

Alomar said the suit filed by Ilya Dall, his girlfriend of six years, was completely false. "I am deeply saddened that someone I cared for would make such terrible accusations and try to hurt me in this way," Alomar said.

Dall, 31, has accused Alomar, 41, of exposing her to the AIDS virus during their romance. In court papers, she charges he repeatedly told her he was HIV-negative until 2006, when he tested positive after becoming ill.

Alomar insisted on unprotected sex despite his condition, the suit charged. Dall said she fears Alomar may have infected her.
    Alomar's new love, speaking to a Puerto Rico TV station Wednesday, portrayed Dall as a spurned and vindictive girlfriend.

Maripily Rivera claimed that when Dall broke up with 12-time All-Star Alomar in October, she told him: "I will destroy you."

His new girlfriend said she's standing by him. "When you're on the side of truth, you have nothing to hide," said the dark-haired bombshell. "I support him and I love him more than ever."
    She said Alomar, who played for the Mets in 2002 and 2003, betrayed no sign of illness.

"He has never gotten sick on me. We train together. And he has those beautiful, well-defined arms," she said. "They want to destroy him, but they won't be able to."

Alomar's father, Mets coach Sandy Alomar Sr., said he hasn't talked to his son since the story broke. "We just don't know the whole story," the elder Alomar said outside his home in Salinas, Puerto Rico.
    "We know our kids, but sometimes we just don't know what they do. "I haven't seen him sick. As a matter of fact, he's doing exercise daily."

As for Dall, Alomar Sr. said: "Whether she can be trusted, only he can say that. She has a reason, and only she knows what that reason is."

Dall declined to comment at her home in Whitestone, Queens - a $5 million mansion bought by a trust set up by Alomar. The grandiose three-story yellow stucco house has a pool, a marble portico and 12-foot windows.

Neighbors said Dall - a competitive arm wrestler and spa owner who got divorced in 2007 - lives there with her two kids.

In legal papers, she said she tested negative for HIV in 2006, when she says Alomar was suffering from a mass in his chest, a blood disorder, purple skin and a foaming mouth.

The suit does not say what treatment Alomar sought, but medical experts say retroviral drugs can work miracles with even advanced cases of AIDS.

"Within months, you can drop the levels of virus in bloodstream to undetectable levels," said Dr. Antonio Urbina, medical director of the HIV/AIDS Education and Training Center at the city's St. Vincent Catholic Medical Centers.
    Urbina said patients who wait until they are sick to get on the drugs don't live as long as those who get tested and treated early.

Former Mets baseball star Roberto Alomar speaks out on ex's charge he exposed her to AIDS

Why in the world would they spinal tap him to confirm his status? Simple bloods would reveal that. Normally, spinal taps are used to diagnose neurologic conditions.

I also question why she would stay with him an additional 3 years, have a trust from him yet sue him saying he endangered her and her children? I think she's dissatisfied with what she has and wants more.

If some guy I was with had HIV/AIDS and didn't disclose it, I'd be out of there immediately.

Dall - a competitive arm wrestler and spa owner who got divorced in 2007
    A competitive arm wrestler!?!
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Bronze Member

^^^^^lol

Thread Information