Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Romo collapsed in the shower after Cowboys' loss to Eagles

Default Tony Romo collapsed in the shower after Cowboys' loss to Eagles

Tony Romo's three turnovers were momentarily meaningless Sunday night when players started yelling in the shower after the quarterback collapsed from a rib injury.
    Athletic trainer Jim Maurer and his staff rushed into the shower as the locker room came to a near standstill. A stretcher was wheeled in, but Romo was eventually helped to his feet and taken into the training room.
    As someone who was standing there watching this whole scene unfold, I can tell you the players were shocked. They didn't know what to do. Deon Anderson went out running for emergency help, but Maurer and associate athletic trainer Britt Brown were all over it.
    Adam Jones, of all people, was standing there yelling at me, another reporter and a TV camera man to get back. Let me tell you, running into the shower was the last place we needed to be at that moment. Jerry Jones' personal security chief, Roosevelt Riley, came out to push everybody back and an equipment staff member grabbed all of Romo's things and headed to the training room.
    When asked later what happened, Romo said, "Um, you know, I was just a little banged up, I guess."
    While the injury was no laughing matter, Romo fell to 5-8 as a starter in December, and his reputation for coming up short in big games is only getting worse.
    "Well, I've got to play better," Romo said. "The team's got to play better. We didn't play good this December. That's obviously the story."
    (Cowboys trainer Jim Maurer talks to Romo on the sidelines after he was hurt in the fourth quarter. Photo by Louis DeLuca/Dallas Morning News)
    Tony Romo collapsed in the shower
    I'm sure T.O. and Jessica will fight to nurse him back to health.

Jessica's sucking the life outta him. She's a sports succubus!

Romo is such a pussy.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Romo is such a pussy.
    That about sums it up.

God Romo annoys me.
    Go Big Ben!
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Romo is a wuss. Even though Jerry says it isn't happening, I'm wondering if any of the coaching staff will get the axe.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Actually hadn't heard this...and I listened to WAY too much talk/chat/press conferences, etc after the blow out yesterday. Hope he's ok, but I'm sure it was mostly emotional/mental.

Hope Phillips is shown the door. He hasn't done jackshit.

Rib injuries can't feel good, but come on, what football player collapses from it? Especially considering he could've gotten a lot worse? Like, I dunno.... broken neck, fucked up spine, knee in the nuts....

The first thing I thought when I read this was "drug use". There have been tons of rumors that Jessica uses cocaine both for weight loss and for her own enjoyment, so there's a connection.

However, as a pro-athlete, I don't know how he would get away with it.

Because nobody cares about Tony Romo

Alright!! Everybody line up to be swatted! Good lord! He played better than the rest of the over paid staff! Not his best,but he got zero help. The Idiot head of this extremely talented,poorly coached team says he will not fire the coach. So,expect the same next year!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Alright!! Everybody line up to be swatted! Good lord! He played better than the rest of the over paid staff! Not his best,but he got zero help. The Idiot head of this extremely talented,poorly coached team says he will not fire the coach. So,expect the same next year!
    The problem with the Cowboys involves Romo, Wade Phillips and some of the players.

Phillips needs to be fired as coach, because he can't control his team. The Cowboys need a coach that will kick ass and take names like Parcells did. If Bill Cowher gets back into coaching he would be a good fit in Dallas.

Romo needs to focus on his game more instead of his personal life. And Jerry Jones needs to stop turning Dallas into a halfway house for egomaniacs and criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    That about sums it up.

Yep, he is.

Wah, I hurt my pinky. Wah, I hurt my ribs. Wah, TO is mad at me, the fans hate my gf, I can't play like that.

Pussy. Football players play with worse injuries than that every damn Sunday.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    The first thing I thought when I read this was "drug use". There have been tons of rumors that Jessica uses cocaine both for weight loss and for her own enjoyment, so there's a connection.

However, as a pro-athlete, I don't know how he would get away with it.

Cocaine leaves the system quick......Remember Laurence Taylor? Or Michael Irvin? Both were notorious cokeheads while they were playing. I've heard first hand accounts about snorting with them from someone I know would never lie about it.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information