Thread: YES!!!! Carl Peterson FINALLY resigns as The Chiefs GM

Default YES!!!! Carl Peterson FINALLY resigns as The Chiefs GM

Chiefs’ GM Carl Peterson Resigns

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Carl Peterson will step down as President, General Manager and Chief Executive Officer of the Chiefs at the end of the 2008 season.

Kansas City Chiefs Chairman Clark Hunt made the announcement Monday afternoon.

“On behalf of my family and the entire Kansas City Chiefs organization, I want to thank Carl for his two decades of service to the Chiefs,” Hunt said. “Both Carl and I agreed that immediately initiating the search for the next Chiefs general manager would be the best thing for the future of the organization, and he will be resigning following the 2008 season.’’

Peterson joined the Chiefs in 1989 and guided the club through one of the most successful eras in its history. During his 20 years at the helm, the Chiefs amassed a 176-141-1 record, won the AFC West four times and reached the AFC Championship Game in 1993.

“I am proud of my association with the Kansas City Chiefs and our many accomplishments over the last 20 years.” Peterson said. “I thank the Hunt family for the opportunity to lead the Chiefs organization and sincerely appreciate all the coaches, player, administrator and Chiefs employees with whom I’ve had the pleasure of working in my time here. Most importantly, I want to thank Chiefs fans around the country for their passionate support through the years. Chiefs fans are the finest in all of professional football.”

Hunt said the search for a new General Manager will begin immediately. Executive Vice President and Chiefs Operating Officer Denny Thum will serve as the Chiefs interim President and General Manager.

Chiefs’ GM Carl Peterson Resigns - NBC Action News KSHB-TV 41

Haaaaallelujah! Haaaaallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Halleeeeelujaaaaaaah!

Now they need to get rid of that bitch, Herm Edwards.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^ Unfortunately, he has at least one more year of being the head coach. Bleh. Oh well, Peterson leaving is already a step in the right direction. Everyone in KC's been partying over this.

Thread Information