Thread: KC Chief Larry Johnson facing possible suspension

Default KC Chief Larry Johnson facing possible suspension

More trouble for Chiefs RB Johnson

Kansas City, MO (Sports Network) - Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is in more trouble, as he was reportedly involved in a late-night altercation with a woman during the team's bye weekend.
    The news, first reported by ESPN, came Sunday night after the Chiefs suffered a 34-10 home loss to the unbeaten Tennessee Titans. Johnson was not active for the game.

"We are aware of the most recent incident involving Larry Johnson and we are very disappointed with his involvement," Chiefs president Carl Peterson said in a statement. "We will cooperate fully with the Kansas City authorities who are investigating the matter. We have also made the NFL office in New York aware of the incident and officials there are conducting their own independent investigation. Based upon the NFL player conduct policy, we will have no further comment."

The news comes less than a week after word surfaced that Johnson was facing a simple assault charge for pushing a woman at a Kansas City nightclub in an unrelated incident. The Kansas City Star obtained court and police documents and reported the 26-year-old woman accused Johnson of using his open hand to push the left side of her head. Johnson faces a December court date for the incident, which occurred February 24 of this year.

Although no charges have been filed in the latest incident, Johnson has already faced three charges with assaulting a woman since he came to the Chiefs. In 2003 Johnson was accused of aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery for waving a gun at his ex-girlfriend, but the charges were dropped because the running back entered a domestic-violence program. In 2005, Johnson was accused of pushing a woman to the ground at another KC nightspot, but the charges were later dropped.
    Johnson has run for 417 yards and three touchdowns this season for the Chiefs (1-5). That includes a 198-yard, two-TD performance in their lone win of the season, 33-19, over Denver on September 28.

The Sports Network - National Football League

Looks like he can hit women better than he hits the holes this year!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

He needs to be shoved OUT.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

In a few years, any potential player in the NFL will have to pass a psych analysis proving he has anger management or other sociopathic issues.

Let's see, this guy, Pacman, and Vick. We need three more for Surreal Life:Thug Ballin.

Thread Information