Thread: Kansas City Chief Tony Gonzalez on the trading block

Exclamation Kansas City Chief Tony Gonzalez on the trading block

Chiefs' Tony Gonzalez on trade block

Kansas City Chiefs' Tony Gonzalez (88) is tackled by Carolina Panthers' Jon Beason, right, after a catch in the second quarter in an NFL football game in Charlotte, N.C., Sunday, Oct. 5, 2008. (AP Photo/Chuck Burton)

By DOUG TUCKER 3 hours ago
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) Tony Gonzalez, the most productive tight end in NFL history, will be traded to a contender if the Kansas City Chiefs get the right price.

Three people familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity that the nine-time Pro Bowl player could be dealt before the Tuesday trade deadline. The three didn't want to be identified because a deal hasn't been struck.

Gonzalez, who holds the NFL tight end record for receptions, touchdown catches and yards receiving, is active in civic and charitable affairs and enjoys great popularity in Kansas City. He has always said he would like to end his career with the Chiefs, who drafted him in the first round out of California in 1997.

But the Chiefs (1-4) are rebuilding from the bottom up and not likely to contend for the Super Bowl any time soon. In spite of all his personal accomplishments, Gonzalez, 32, has never even won a postseason game.

He would like an opportunity to play in a Super Bowl and the rebuilding Chiefs would like to acquire extra draft picks.

Two people involved in the situation said there had been discussion with the New York Giants, but that talks had not been productive.
    The Giants traded tight end Jeremy Shockey to New Orleans last summer for Nos. 2 and 5 drafts pick in 2009. Shockey's replacement, Kevin Boss, has been a disappointment even though the defending Super Bowl champs are undefeated.

Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson is a notoriously tough negotiator and would probably demand at least a second-round pick for the man many Chiefs fans believe is the greatest offensive player in team history.

The Associated Press: Chiefs' Tony Gonzalez on trade block

Larry Johnson is said to be wanting out of this team, aswell. I suppose if they trade them both, then so be it... Tony and Larry are both really good players, and deserve much better.

Wow, Tony was/is a good player!!! So surprised by this!!

Can the Cowboys pick him up? Maybe get their acts together with him?

I have always liked this guy. Him, and the other Chief, was it Derrick Thomas? That died suddenly of a blood clot? Both good players...

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Wow, Tony was/is a good player!!! So surprised by this!!

Can the Cowboys pick him up? Maybe get their acts together with him?

I have always liked this guy. Him, and the other Chief, was it Derrick Thomas? That died suddenly of a blood clot? Both good players...

Yeah, it was Derrick Thomas... I still can't believe that he died. He was a great player, and a really nice guy.

I don't know if the Cowboys can pick Gonzalez up... so far, I've only heard of the Chiefs franchise talking with the Giants. Either way, I say, just trade the guy... he deserves so much better.

Derrick Thomas was an ASS! I met him in person and he was really fucking disgusting. He just assumed I would fuck him because he was a Chief and was all over me even though I was out on a date with another guy. And that asshole didn't even defend me because he was so starstruck that a Chief wanted his girl.

I will cry, cry, cry if Gonzo leaves KC, but I can't blame him for wanting to be on a decent team when he only has a couple good years left in his career.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Derrick Thomas was an ASS! I met him in person and he was really fucking disgusting. He just assumed I would fuck him because he was a Chief and was all over me even though I was out on a date with another guy. And that asshole didn't even defend me because he was so starstruck that a Chief wanted his girl.

I will cry, cry, cry if Gonzo leaves KC, but I can't blame him for wanting to be on a decent team when he only has a couple good years left in his career.

Bleugh, I had no idea. >_<; Sorry you had to deal with that.

As for Tony, he's going to remain a Chief, for at least the rest of this season. Don't know about L.J., except he's in trouble with the law right now.

Thread Information