x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Everybody probably knows how this ended, but I had tears streaming down my face watching Shawn Johnson win a gold medal.

She is so fucking cute, I just love her. Nastia Liukin too. The US is so lucky to have both of them, they kick global ass.

I thought they were both just great! They really did so good-couldn't have asked for more. I am glad about Shawn's gold,too.
    Did you notice Ch 5 here was telling everyone Nastia's plane would be arriving at DFW Thursday at 4:15?? There will be such a mob!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I thought they were both just great! They really did so good-couldn't have asked for more. I am glad about Shawn's gold,too.
    Did you notice Ch 5 here was telling everyone Nastia's plane would be arriving at DFW Thursday at 4:15?? There will be such a mob!
    Oh wow, I sort of wish I didn't have to be at work. I've never met a famous person's plane at the airport but I might be willing to make an exception in this case...if it fit into my schedule.

North Texas has every reason to be proud of this kid. She's the Olympic all-around champion, and she's LOCAL! That's the second one in 2 Olympics! Must be something in the water in Collin County!

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    Oh wow, I sort of wish I didn't have to be at work. I've never met a famous person's plane at the airport but I might be willing to make an exception in this case...if it fit into my schedule.

North Texas has every reason to be proud of this kid. She's the Olympic all-around champion, and she's LOCAL! That's the second one in 2 Olympics! Must be something in the water in Collin County!
    Parade Saturday morning in Parker!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

KD
    Elite Member

WTF was up w/ Cheng Fei's score? Her routine, although high in start value, had so many HUGE balance checks. Bizarre.

#1 and #2 YAY!!!

Good for Shawn Johnson - she looked positively elated.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus!

I loved it but I'm glad it's over. Really bad scoring. I know the home team gets the advantage but this is a crock and I hope they investigate into the underaged girls. Way to go Nastia and Shawn, class acts all the way. I'm used to American girls having the body shape of Shawn, it was nice to see Nastia's rhythmic gymnastics body shape (she got from her mom) Also Nastia's Dad comes across a lot nicer than I thought he would be.

Only event scored worse is boxing.

America didn't even show the horse jumping event and we won Gold in a nail biter jump off aginst Canada. grrr

I forgot to mention that one of the sweetest moments was the shot of Shawn Johnson's parents when they realized she'd won her gold. They appeared to be sobbing in the stands - and it made me a little teary, too.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I was really excited for Shawn to win! She deserves it more than anyone. What is up with Nastia's face? She looks pissed off all the time. I understand that she's just focusing but girl shouldn't look so angry all the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

^^ You can actually get a deduction from your score for that.

There are some weird deductions, like if your undies stick out the bottom of your leotardl........and back when I was a competing gymnast colored nail polish was also an automatic deduction, but I think that one no longer exists.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ you should be ashamed!!!

Shawns parents mortgaged their house twice..geez thats a lot of commitment and a lot of pressure to put on the shoulders of a teenager.

People like Shawn b/c she is a smilie person, Nastia isn't but it doesn't make her not nice. Her Dad is her coach, her dad is a Olympian himself - now thats presssure...

Not taking a thing from Nastia because she was great but I was really glad Shawn won a gold. They both seem like great girls and I hope to see them both again in four years!

Beam is my favorite gymnastic event to watch and do. I just had gym class yesterday actually. God I love it!!!!!

Thread Information