Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men's Butterfly ***Spoiler Alert***

Default Men's Butterfly ***Spoiler Alert***

I love Michael Phelps, and support him..however, I don't think he touched before Cavic.

Did anyone see it? What do you think?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

I couldn't really tell on all of the slow motion replays. It was that close.

I thought for sure Phelps was going to get the silver. He made up a ton of ground on Cavic right at the end to make it that close.

But I don't see why the Chinese would cheat for him if he really hadn't touched the wall before Cavic.

They just showed it again...Cavic under stroked..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

i dont mind the spoilers. TV coverage is so shitty i'd rather read about it from you guys.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^Anything to help..

There was a protest filed, and it was thrown out..because the overhead camera's caught MP touching the pad first.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    ^^Anything to help..

There was a protest filed, and it was thrown out..because the overhead camera's caught MP touching the pad first.
    No one can blame them! Even Michael,his coach and Mother had a hard time believing it! We had just had a lesson here on our NBC station about the Omega timing system used (all Swiss made) and how it works. They showd up close how a swimmer triggers it, there are vertical panels so anywhere a swimmer touches it registers the exact time. Those above pool cameras help,too! Man-that was exciting!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    No one can blame them! Even Michael,his coach and Mother had a hard time believing it! We had just had a lesson here on our NBC station about the Omega timing system used (all Swiss made) and how it works. They showd up close how a swimmer triggers it, there are vertical panels so anywhere a swimmer touches it registers the exact time. Those above pool cameras help,too! Man-that was exciting!!
    It was exciting, I think I got the same Omega time lesson as you... Did you see the interview with Michael, and Spitz?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Yes-that was pretty good. I think Michael is still overwelmed!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yes-that was pretty good. I think Michael is still overwelmed!
    He probably is, can you imagine trying to grasp all of that, and then ahve to do an interview? his mom was floored, I bet she can't put two words together after that race!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

i tell you, i am proud of his mom!!!!!! she's intelligent, funny, and will talk to just about anyone. I cant even imagine being in her position. its her baby! when my daughter won her first swim meet at 5, i needed to be helped to my seat. LOL
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I think his Mother just nearly fainted. I don't know if her poor heart can take one more race!

I think his Mother just nearly fainted. I don't know if her poor heart can take one more race!
    I don't think she can, but you know she is proud and supportive of him. They say she'll talk and take pictures with anyone who comes up to her.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    ^^Anything to help..

I think the protest was poor sportsmanship on Čavić's coach's part. Twenty years ago, Matt Biondi was out touched by Anthony Nesty in the 100 fly at the 1988 Seoul Olympics. Nesty won by the same margin as Phelps--0.01 seconds. Neither Biondi or his coach protested because they knew Nesty won fair & square. Čavić did the same thing Biondi did in his race 20 years ago.

Bronze Member

Thumbs up

I couldn't tell who touched first until I saw the overhead camera shot.
    What a great shot that was!! As a matter of fact I love the underwater camera shots too

Gold Member

Looking at footage of the race I thought Phelps came in second, but on the super slow-mo replays he did touch first. Barely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information