Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's gymnastics all-around - SPOILERS

Gold Member

Default Women's gymnastics all-around - SPOILERS

How AWESOME are we?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

NASTIA THE GOLD, SHAWN THE SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ROCK! They wanted to go 1-2...and they did! Nastia was incredible, she's so beautiful to watch...like a ballerina.

USA! USA! USA!

I was so excited watching this just now!!! Go Nastia and Shawn!! Nastia did soooo amazing!!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    I was so excited watching this just now!!! Go Nastia and Shawn!! Nastia did soooo amazing!!
    I had tears streaming down my face for the medal ceremony...I'm so fucking proud of those two I could burst. They are AWESOME.

They did amazing!! Girls you ROCK!!! I was on pins and needles during their floor exercises! WTG!! Nastia and Shaun!! Very Proud!

Bella was so excited!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    I had tears streaming down my face for the medal ceremony...I'm so fucking proud of those two I could burst. They are AWESOME.
    me too!! Nastia and Shawn made our country proud tonight! And they both did it the right way, winning fair and square. It's a gold and silver won in honor.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    me too!! Nastia and Shawn made our country proud tonight! And they both did it the right way, winning fair and square. It's a gold and silver won in honor.
    Indeed; they EARNED their medals and they did it fair and square.

Nastia winning is GIGANTIC news here in Dallas, as she lives and trains in the Dallas suburbs. She comes from the same gym as the 2004 all-around winner (Carly Patterson) and will be going to SMU.

They're going on and on and on about it on the local news here. On and on and on....I bet it'll be the headline in tomorrow's Dallas Morning News.

I was exhausted! I could only watch while pacing. Worth all the agony!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I was exhausted! I could only watch while pacing. Worth all the agony!
    Those two kids have a lot to be proud of; they are fantastic for our country. They just go out there and get it done without drama.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    They wanted to go 1-2...and they did! Nastia was incredible, she's so beautiful to watch...like a ballerina.

USA! USA! USA!
    Seriously that flip to an aerobesque is amazing! She looked just like a dancer out there. I'm so glad we came out to beat the Chinese who thought their competitor was far superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Did you see Nastia when she was concentrating. She looked at you like, "I could cut the bitch." That's intense.

But I stayed up all night watching them. Congrats to both of them. Shawn is an Iowa girl, so she definately ranks here. She already has an endorsement from the regional grocery store, HyVee, who's been running her commercial constantly during the Olympics.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Did you see Nastia when she was concentrating. She looked at you like, "I could cut the bitch." That's intense.
    LOL yeah, she's awesome!

But I stayed up all night watching them. Congrats to both of them. Shawn is an Iowa girl, so she definately ranks here. She already has an endorsement from the regional grocery store, HyVee, who's been running her commercial constantly during the Olympics.
    Shawn is adorable, and so fucking talented I just want to pinch her cheeks. She's also only 16, so maybe she'll be back for 2012. One can only hope!

I agree that Nastia had the best performance, but did you guys hear the announcer mention that some of the judges seemed to be giving Shawn slightly lower scores as if they simply didn't like her "look" (short, muscular, powerful). I thought that kind of sucked and you could see the disappointment on Shawn's face after some scores.

I also look forward to seeing what she'll do in the next Olympics since she's only 16.

The thing I loved most of all was at the end when they were done and saw that they came in 1st and 2nd, how you could see the emotion and relief wash all over their faces. Their faces had been set in stone-cold concentration before. It was a fascinating change to see. Plus it's great how they were so friendly in spite of being rivals.
    Last edited by Beeyotch; August 15th, 2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: clarification

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I agree that Nastia had the best performance, but did you guys hear the announcer mention that some of the judges seemed to be giving her slightly lower scores as if they simply didn't like her "look" (short, muscular, powerful). I thought that kind of sucked and you could see the disappointment on Shawn's face after some scores.

I also look forward to seeing what she'll do in the next Olympics since she's only 16.

The thing I loved most of all was at the end when they were done and saw that they came in 1st and 2nd, how you could see the emotion and relief wash all over their faces. Their faces had been set in stone-cold concentration before. It was a fascinating change to see. Plus it's great how they were so friendly in spite of being rivals.
    I hope they really are friends in real life; they're so cute together. They're not very much alike in terms of style but they're both so fantastic I wish they'd tied for gold.

Oh shoot, I just noticed I wasn't clear in my previous post. I meant the judges were giving Shawn--not Nastia--slightly lower scores because they didn't like her look.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Oh shoot, I just noticed I wasn't clear in my previous post. I meant the judges were giving Shawn--not Nastia--slightly lower scores because they didn't like her look.
    It's ok, they tried to cheat Nastia on points also...the head judge fixed that..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information