The.

Fuck.

Is.

Going.

On.

With.

Alicia.

Sacramone.

Dunno whether to hug her or strangle her. That kid fucked up big time.

I feel so bad for her. Did you hear Bela Karolyi's allegations against the Chinese team?! He said that it was obvious that the Chinese government altered their passports so that the Chinese girls could compete, because they are obviously underage. Funny because the whole time me and my mom were sitting here in shock, like - how old are these girls on the China team?! They look 9 or 10, tops.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I feel so bad for her. Did you hear Bela Karolyi's allegations against the Chinese team?! He said that it was obvious that the Chinese government altered their passports so that the Chinese girls could compete, because they are obviously underage. Funny because the whole time me and my mom were sitting here in shock, like - how old are these girls on the China team?! They look 9 or 10, tops.
    He's been bleating about it for days. The Chinese cheated, plain and simple. They. Cheated. If there had not been an age limit, we got beat fair and square. However, there are rules and China clearly did not think they applied to them, ergo they cheated, ergo their gold is tainted. Alicia Sacramone fucked up big-time for sure, but our relatively big and strapping gymnasts didn't have a chance against a totalitarian regime willing to cheat all the fucking way just to win gold on their home turf. It's a far cry from what the Magnificent Seven accomplished in Atlanta in 1996 when Kerri Strug vaulted onto a sprained ankle and wrecked her own chances in the individual finals to win gold for her team.

Bela's from Romania and he knows what a totalitarian regime can accomplish. I once dated a guy who was originally from Romania and oh my god, the stories he could tell. Holy. Shit. China's worse than Romania IMHO, because Romania was never anything more than a shitty little European authoritarian dictatorship that the rest of the world laughed at most of the time. China is an emerging superpower. Nobody really gave a shit what Ceauşescu was up to because outside of a handful of Olympic sports, Romania was never ever EVER a threat to us. China, on the other hand, will be THE superpower in 30-50 years.

God help us.

We've had athletes cheat at the Olympics, sure. We know that. However, American cheating seems to be on an athlete-by-athlete basis, i.e. there doesn't seem to be a campaign to cheat from the top down. China's different. This is the same country that gave us poison dog food and poison toothpaste. This is the same country that sent us toys coated in lead paint. The government doesn't give a shit. Industry doesn't give a shit, including American companies wanting to increase profit margins. They're selling our futures to the Chinese for a few pennies on the dollar. Fuck that.

And to think...people think the United States is bad? Please. Whatever. At least our government doesn't issue bullshit passports to our gymnasts to make them appear older than they are. If Shawn Johnson was 12 years old instead of 16, believe me...we wouldn't be able to hide it. Someone would talk, and they wouldn't go to prison for it either. We'd just be utterly humiliated on the world stage, and we'd fucking deserve it.

Yeah, I wasn't aware all of this was going on for days. I'm really, really pissed now. I just can't believe a government would fake documents so that they could win the gold. The more I think about it, the more I get pissed off. The whole idea to have this damn Olympics in China is getting more and more upsetting every day. If I was a Chinese citizen I would be so ashamed of the blatant cheating.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

It was pretty clear those girls were not 16. But-nothing to be done! Silver isn't bad at all!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't aware all of this was going on for days. I'm really, really pissed now. I just can't believe a government would fake documents so that they could win the gold. The more I think about it, the more I get pissed off. The whole idea to have this damn Olympics in China is getting more and more upsetting every day. If I was a Chinese citizen I would be so ashamed of the blatant cheating.
    It's a sensitive subject at work because we have two Chinese guys on the team, plus a guy from Hong Kong and a woman from Taiwan. We can't bash the Chinese at the office. To be fair our Chinese guys are wonderful people, kind and hardworking. I guess that's why they're here in America instead of in China. Our Taiwanese woman obviously tries hard to avoid politics.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    It was pretty clear those girls were not 16. But-nothing to be done! Silver isn't bad at all!
    They're better people than I am. I'd be pissed about it until the day I died. If it had been a fair fight, fine. However, China broke the rules. That gold is tainted forever.

Some people might compare it to when Andreea Raducan lost her all-around gold at the 2000 Olympics, but it's not even the same fucking thing. That kid was given Nurofen by an idiot coach, and pseudoephedrine wouldn't have enhanced her performance. She was cleared of any personal wrongdoing so she didn't cheat, but she still didn't get to keep her gold.

The fact that Raducan lost her gold and the Chinese will almost certainly keep theirs is fucking obscene.
    Last edited by Tati; August 19th, 2008 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    OK.

What.

The.

Fuck.

Is.

Going.

On.

With.

Alicia.

Sacramone.

Dunno whether to hug her or strangle her. That kid fucked up big time.
    What happened? I missed it.
    And wait theres an age min for these girls? The Chinese athletes look 12. Fucking cheaters.

If the Chinese government backs them-and it does-it is not possible to prove it. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rica View Post
    What happened? I missed it.
    And wait theres an age min for these girls? The Chinese athletes look 12. Fucking cheaters.
    They have to be 16 the year of the Olympics. No one thinks those girls are 16!
    And lets just say Alicia singlehandedly lost the gold. It was not her day-by a long shot.
    Last edited by Tati; August 19th, 2008 at 01:44 PM.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    If the Chinese government backs them-and it does-it is not possible to prove it. No way.
    And that makes them evil Fucky Cheaty McFuck Fucks.

Poor Alicia, she looked devastated. You kind of wanted to give her a hug watching that go beam and floor disaster go down.

I also think the Chinese cheated, and that's fucked up. It was clear as day that a couple of those kids were under 16. They looked like very young children (one of them looked like... 11 or 12). It's cheating, plain and simple. It's just not an even playing field- not to mention it's sick to put so much pressure on children to begin with. And did anyone hear at the very beginning when the Chinese were going and they were talking about the one girl who didn't want to even be on the team or do gymnastics and was forced to for "the good of the family"? Fucking hell.

This has pissed me off do much, because everyone knew that some of those girls were underage. I don't know if you recall Sunday, I said one of the girls were 7 at the most, well guess what the announcers kept talking about a girl they traded out, it was her. I bet she lost a few teeth between then, and now. The fact that they put so much on these kids, is ridiculous. I love the Olympics, I really do..but this is leaving an uneasy feeling in my heart.

After the Marion Jones colossal fuck, I was through with the Olympics..but then there were Phelps, and Hoff from my hometown, plus the rest of the non-doping USA team that made me want to watch and root them on..then the Chinese Little Girl Gymnast came along!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I had to turn it off during the floor routine. It was painful to watch.

I'm sure the lose was made worse by the fact that everyone suspects the Chinese gymnasts aren't 16.

This pissed me off so much last night, I had to turn it off.

Alicia Sacramoni screwed up. Plain and simple. Honestly, if I was her teammate, I'd have been a supreme effort not to get real shitty with her. But after I started thinking about it, what really pissed me off was how unequal this playing field was. Not only do I firmly believe the Chinese team was made up of 12 and 13 year old girls, but I think more than a little home cooking went on here. They were consistantly overmarked for mistakes, while the U.S. team got hammered for every bobble. It may sound like sour grapes, but I'd rather see the U.S. lose fairly than get fucked over by toddlers being held up by bullshit scoring.

And yeah as far as Chinese training, they said last night during the commentary that they basically pluck these girls out of daycare and pre-school and have them train like elite athletes at 3 years of age. They may have won the gold, but their bodies will be screwed by the time they're 20.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Alicia lives about 10 miles away from here...she made the team and had a bad performance...it happens. Get off her back. If they thought she sucked then they wouldn't have put her on the event. OBVIOUSLY the team thought that she was one of the 3 best for them. It wasn't on purpose but it sucks. No one ever tries to screw up and lose....unless your name is Manny Ramirez! lol
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

^ I agree. Everyone makes mistakes. I saw her fall off the...whats it called...the horsey thing. She was devastated. I'd have broken down in tears, but she just jumped on and finished the routine. It just happens that her off day was when she was going for an Olympic medal.

And Laurent, I doubt you would have gotten mad at her, had you been on the team. Because you would have gotten to know her and you would have seen how upset she was that she screwed up. She didnt do it on purpose.

Although I know they wont, they should make allowances for something like fucking up jumping on an apparatus, and let them restart with no penalitys.
    I mean come on, they have an age limit and let little girls play, or is that just for the host country?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information