Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Olympic Synchronized Diving

Default Olympic Synchronized Diving

did anyone watch this last night? the female announcer was horrid. She had NOTHING nice to say about the Americans. She was practically verbally humping the Chinese and Russian guys legs, they could do no wrong (according to her) she drove me crazy!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Umm-yes,but I could see her point,really. They were better,IMO. US certainly was not bad-just not as good. She did point out the good stuff,too. I just cannot imagine having to dive that high up! You'd have to throw me,so I tend to think if they get up there & jump-they deserve a medal!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I was mesmerized by the German diver Sascha Klein. Hello, hotness!
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

Oh my god, but wouldn't you have been humping the Russian's legs too???

There was a hot German guy and I TOTALLY think he was mugging for the cameras in the showers, toweling himself off lol

Were you watching NBC? I didn't really think the women announcer was so bad--I was happy they weren't at all biased and really let us know exactly what was going on.
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

yep i was watching MSNBC. we commented about the female announcer and then waited to see if it was just us. i swear she had NOTHING nice to say about the Americans at all. nothing.

(This is the greatest damned blog in the world!)

The mystery of the showering divers - Fourth-Place Medal - Olympics - Yahoo! Sports

The mystery of the showering divers

By Chris Chase

Over the last three nights, NBC has led its primetime Olympic coverage with synchronized diving. According to the stacks of letters that have poured into the Fourth-Place Medal Investigative Unit Headquarters, you've all been watching but are baffled by one facet of the competition. In that case, you're in the right place. After successful forays into the cases of Cullen Jones' disappearance and the identity of the hot Paraguayan, Fourth-Place Medal will today tackle the mystery of the showering divers.
    After completing a dive, competitors swim to a ladder, climb out of the pool and head immediately to a bank of showers that sit adjacent to the diving boards. Then, in full view of the crowd and NBC cameras, they shower off. Divers keep their suits on, of course, usually appearing only to rinse off their hair and arms. Oftentimes, the divers will receive their scores while still showering off. What's the purpose of this?

Theories have ranged from 'to get the chlorine off' to 'they want to have fun' -- seriously, that last one is a direct quote from NBC's diving analyst, Cynthia Potter. Neither are the reason.
    Divers shower in between each dive to keep their muscles warm after getting out of the pool. The temperature of the pool water and the air are usually different (the pool is usually around 80 degrees, with the air temperature between 68 and 72 degrees). This difference can cause muscle tightness. To combat this, divers warm up in either the showers or a hot tub.
    Mystery: solved. (Although we're still a bit unclear as to why the showers are out in the open.The water cube cost over $200 million to build. They couldn't have put a privacy wall in?!)

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I checked out the man bulges, and that's it...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Hi! I'm New Here!

i agree with the first post! she is awful! i can't stand her. shes more negative toward the Americans than she is to any of the other teams! i believe she hit her head on the bottom of the pool a few too many times! i googled her... heres the think if anyone else interested in reading about this ridiculously announcer!

Cynthia Potter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    her name is Cynthia Potter if you would like to find out more! enjoy!!

Hi! I'm New Here!

oh and i loved when she said the other night that the divers go into the shower when they finish diving so they "can warm up and have fun!" and yes thats what she said, no lie! hahaha

A*O

So why do they take their towels into the shower with them? And they totally preen for the cameras.
    How can you trust anything that bleeds for 3 days every month but doesn't die?

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Theories have ranged from 'to get the chlorine off' to 'they want to have fun' -- seriously, that last one is a direct quote from NBC's diving analyst, Cynthia Potter.
    i heard this too, she's such a dumbass.

Yea, it's also weird that they have a sort of 'jacuzzi/spa' that they can soak in to keep warm, so I really don't see the need for the showers unless it's a chance for them to show off for the cameras, not that I'm complaining as all sports need a bit of that old sex appeal.

Thread Information