Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spain's racist basketball team

Default Spain's racist basketball team

I never heard of them dressing up as black people for the car race... but eesh!

It looks like the 31-point blowout the US Men’s Basketball team handed the Chinese delegation yesterday won’t be the most embarrassing thing the home bball team will face this Olympics. That honor of offense goes to the Spaniards, and even without playing a game. This image is from a full page ad that ran in the sports daily Marca of Spain’s Men’s basketball team slanting their eyes to show the world that, right before the Olympics, respect and all that other crap is out the door. They’re going for gold, baby—feelings are for Bronze medalists!

No one involved in the advert appears to have considered it inappropriate nor contemplated the manner in which it could be interpreted in China and elsewhere. No offence (sic) was intended by the advert, but whether the Chinese see it that way is a different matter and it is likely to provoke more criticism at a delicate time for Spanish sport.
    The failure to recognise the potential consequences is striking in the light of the problems Spain has had with issues of race and the Spanish Olympic committee’s continued desire to host the Games in Madrid in 2016 or 2020.

Oh, Spain. When will you learn that sports are about respect and not making fun of Asian basketball players… or black race car drivers… or black soccer players… um, they might want to rethink that 2020 time-frame. It’s going to take a lot more time before they stop being their own worst enemy.

Olympics: Spain’s eye-catching faux pas [Guardian UK]
    Image [Guardian UK]

Idiots...It doesn't surprise me though. My ex was from Portugal...not far from Spain and she said that Madrid and Spain in general has a RIDICULOUS amout of racism towards mainly blacks. Also she said that there are TONS of Ex Nazis soldiers who live there because they can't be prosecuted for some reason.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

O. M. G! Disgusting behavior.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

SVZ

wow, that's really rude

Great sportsmanship right there. I am shocked their coach would allow this.

Don't get me started on the racist football fanatics and the like over there in
    Europe.

My friend who is black went to a meeting in Salamanca, Spain. While out doing touristy things, she stopped at a cafe and asked if she could get some water. The fucktard waiter pointed to a bucket of dirty water they were using to wash windows with. The waiter spoke english so it wasn't an innocent mistake.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Anyone else remember that episode of America's Next Top Model when they went to Spain and the male Spanish model refused to kiss Jaeda because she is black?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I came back to see this again because I still can't believe my eyes. What idiots.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    Idiots...It doesn't surprise me though. My ex was from Portugal...not far from Spain and she said that Madrid and Spain in general has a RIDICULOUS amout of racism towards mainly blacks.
    It's true. The year I lived in Spain I was shocked to see racism displayed so openly. Nasty graffiti in some places. Nasty things said in public. Even worse to me was the lack of reaction to it, like it wasn't that bad or that big of a deal. Somehow there was less shame/stigma attached to racism against blacks.

This picture, it's another disappointment. I wonder if they realize they look like insensitive racist assholes.

Wow. That takes a lot of balls. Hopefully, they get their asses handed to them by the Chinese or the black players on the U.S. team. That loss will drive a stake through their racists hearts.

That's ignorance at it's worst!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

Please let LeBron James posterize a couple of these idiots at some point during the Olympics. What a bunch of tools.

Yep. Check out this article:

Formula 1 warns of sanctions over racial abuse in Barcelona

Racist bastards.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

dumbasses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information