Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olympic swimming!

Gold Member

Default Olympic swimming!

OK, who just saw the men's 4x100 relay where we TOTALLY SERVED THE FRENCH who'd been talking smack about us? By 8 100ths of a second? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm half French myself, but I fucking hate that kind of arrogance. GO USA!

WOOT WOOT USA! USA! USA! USA!

I saw it, not only am I losing my voice now.. I woke the neighbors!! That was AWESOME!! Did you know that even the teams who came in fifth and sixth broke the World Record!?!?!
    Awesome!! Plus the USA is in the Medal Count lead.. I am all patriotic and stuff, I was upset last night when they cut the Anthem short, but it was fixed tonight!!

Katie Hoff did great in her race..

Phelps, Anthony, and Hoff your hometown is VERY PROUD of You!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I saw it, not only am I losing my voice now.. I woke the neighbors!! That was AWESOME!! Did you know that even the teams who came in fifth and sixth broke the World Record!?!?!
    Awesome!! Plus the USA is in the Medal Count lead.. I am all patriotic and stuff, I was upset last night when they cut the Anthem short, but it was fixed tonight!!

Katie Hoff did great in her race..

Phelps, Anthony, and Hoff your hometown is VERY PROUD of You!!
    Hell yes I saw that....it was amazing! Best relay EVER!

Last I saw the Chinese were in the lead because they had as many medals as we did but they had more golds. I guess it depends on how you count them; some methods put the country with the most golds first, while others put the country with the most overall first. We have more medals than China does but they still have more golds, those cheeky bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    Hell yes I saw that....it was amazing! Best relay EVER!

Last I saw the Chinese were in the lead because they had as many medals as we did but they had more golds. I guess it depends on how you count them; some methods put the country with the most golds first, while others put the country with the most overall first. We have more medals than China does but they still have more golds, those cheeky bastards.
    USA: 3 gold_4 silver_4 bronze
    China: 6 gold_2 silver_0 bronze
    South Korea: 3 gold_2 silver_0 bronze
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

WTF, NBC west coast has STILL NOT SHOWN THE RELAY FINAL.

These turds are jerking us around, is it really that important to delay it here for "ratings?" As a matter of fact, when they showed the Phelps freestyle semi, one commentator looked at his watch and noted the time, 10:18 (to hammer the point that Phelps would be in the relay final in an hour or so from the semi heat). Well what do you know, that's the same time as it was here, 10:18 P.M.

So they won't show the relay yet, making it seem like real time.

F**K YOU NBC TURDS.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post

These turds are jerking us around, is it really that important to delay it here for "ratings?" As a matter of fact, when they showed the Phelps freestyle semi, one commentator looked at his watch and noted the time, 10:18 (to hammer the point that Phelps would be in the relay final in an hour or so from the semi heat). Well what do you know, that's the same time as it was here, 10:18 P.M.

F**K YOU NBC TURDS.
    Yeah, it sucks when the Olympics are on the other side of the world. The next ones won't be much better time zone-wise...they'll be in London!

Well France just got a cup of shut the fuck up when Phelps and crew won the gold medal.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

i even knew the results of the relay and was still yelling and screaming! how exciting!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Not only did I see it, I screamed myself hoarse. Incredible win.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I can't see it enough! I still scream every time!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yeah, I watched the relay last night. Incredible. I have no freaking clue how Lezak caught that French guy. It was unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    We have more medals than China does but they still have more golds, those cheeky bastards.
    Something else they have more of? Underage gymnasts!
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Well France just got a cup of shut the fuck up when Phelps and crew won the gold medal.
    I KNOW! I loved it, my husband and I went wild screaming and cheering and laughing at those assholish Frenchies when they got their ass HANDED TO THEM.

They got what they deserved, trash-talking like that. They gave the French team a bad name, very arrogant, horrible sportsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post

F**K YOU NBC TURDS.
    Are they really delaying it for the sake of ratings? I don't understand how that works out any better for them? Maybe I'm dumb but can someone please explain?

It pisses me off no end that they won't just show it in real time on the west coast. It's retarded. I have DirecTv and as far as I know there isn't any way around it, is there?

I second the FUCK YOU NBC TURDS!!

(Well here's the scoop from another thread, on one knows WTF NBC is doing here. They went through the trouble of negotiating successfully in moving swimming and gymnastics finals so that it would coincide with U.S. prime time viewing hours, yet for some reason they still tape delay. Makes absolutely no sense why they would drag a TAPED event way past everyone's bed time)

NBC went to a lot of trouble in order to get major Olympic events like swimming and gymnastics on the air live in primetime in the United States. Now, after getting their wish, the Peacock Network is inexplicably showing those events on tape delay on the west coast.
    Because the time difference from Beijing to the United States wouldn't allow NBC to air live coverage of events from China, swimming and gymnastics finals were moved to the morning in Beijing. The network paid $894 million to broadcast these Olympics and didn't want a redo of 2000, when every major event in Sydney was shown on tape delay (it's no coincidence that the ratings for those Games were the lowest in history).
    But after enduring months of tough negotiations with the IOC to get the events moved, NBC is doing exactly what they tried to avoid: showing events on tape. Tonight's swimming finals with Michael Phelps, Dara Torres and Katie Hoff were not shown live in the Mountain or Pacific time zones, nor will they be shown for the entirety of the competition. NBC will instead ran the east coast feed three hours later; at 8:00 p.m. PT. So, at the moment (midnight on the east coast), viewers on the other side of the country still haven't seen Phelps shatter his own world record in the 400-meter individual medley.
    This is a baffling decision by NBC.

It's hard to recall any other time when a sporting event has been shown live in one half of the country, but not the other. It's unheard of. Sure, some sporting events start at weird times on the west coast, but that's the norm and people adapt. Like earthquakes, wildfires and actors-turned-governors, it's just how things are. That's why bars have breakfast buffets and bloody mary bars during football season for 10:00 a.m. kickoffs. If live mid-day weekend telecasts are good enough for the NFL and college football, why not the Olympics?

If the network plans on continuing the delay of the west coast feed, they're subjecting themselves to viewer backlash, poor ratings and upset advertisers. Essentially, NBC strong-armed the IOC into changing around a bulk of the Olympic schedule in order to broadcast live events in two time zones. Great business decision, guys. Why not just push Jay Leno out the door too while you're at it. (Oh, wait.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information