Thread: Matt Leinart in trouble over "racy" party pics

Default Matt Leinart in trouble over "racy" party pics

Leinart facing scrutiny over Internet pics

FOXSports.com

Updated: April 1, 2008, 7:02 PM EST

Matt Leinart is used to the spotlight. But this is probably something he wishes wasn't so public.

The Cardinals' quarterback is in a bit of hot water this week after pictures surfaced on the Internet of the former USC star partying at his Phoenix-area home. One of the pictures shows Leinart in what appears to be a hot tub with four young women. Another shows him holding a beer bong, with a girl crouching at the other end.

Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt said Tuesday that he was "disappointed" in the quarterback, according to a report on the Web site of the East Valley Tribune.

"Matt called me Monday morning and we spoke for a while," Whisenhunt said in a statement, according to the Tribune. "I reiterated to him the type of behavior that we expect at all times from our players. He understands that as well as the level of scrutiny that he's under because of who he is. It's being handled internally.

"I was disappointed but at the same time have no doubts about his commitment to this football team or his ability to lead it."

Leinart, who began last season as the Cardinals' starter, was limited to just five games after he broke his collarbone. Before Leinart went down with the injury, he was already splitting time with veteran Kurt Warner after he struggled in his first few games.

In the five games he played, Leinart completed 60 of 112 passes, with two touchdown passes and four interceptions. His quarterback rating was a scant 61.9.

Read this article at:
    FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Leinart facing scrutiny over Internet pics

2008 Fox Sports Interactive

if Leinart cant be a starter over Kurt Warner, then he should stick to the parties.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I guess Leinart's looking for his next baby-momma.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Since when are football stars supposed to be wholesome? Do they have to abide by a morality clause in their contracts like the film stars of the 40s and 50s? I really am clueless about football, but I didn't think these kinds of pictures would be shocking for a sports' star.

Quote Originally Posted by MissDecember View Post
    Since when are football stars supposed to be wholesome? Do they have to abide by a morality clause in their contracts like the film stars of the 40s and 50s? I really am clueless about football, but I didn't think these kinds of pictures would be shocking for a sports' star.
    These pictures aren't shocking for a football star. But most pro athletes do have some kind of morality clause in their contract, nothing like what they had in Hollywood, though. The clause usually has to do with them doing something illegal.

What Leinart's doing is tame compared to the rap sheets of some other football stars. But since he's still young and he's already gotten one girl pregnant, he needs to slow down a little.

Actually the NFL does a better job than most when it comes to image so I can see why they'd come down hard on him for this. I'm certainly not saying the NFL is free from scandal but they're much better than the NBA or, lately, MLB. I wonder if he spends as much time with his baby as he does with the chicks.

The guys is young. He's got money, and he's good looking. He's not doing anything that every other guy wouldn't do in his exact same position.

Thread Information