Thread: George Best will die any minute

Default George Best will die any minute

It is so sad to know that a football legend is going to die any minute.

They expected him to die last night but he's hanging on. I feel more sorry for his family than I do for him. It is always sad when anybody dies but this man was lucky to be given a second chance after ruining his own liver with alcohol and he just went and did the same to the new one. Somebody else could have had that liver who would have treated it better and still be alive today.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Default Re: George best will die any minute

^^^^
    i didn't know that. i've seen the recent articles on the BBC but they don't say anything about him ruining the liver he was given after the transplant. did he continue drinking?

Yes. He was an alcoholic but was given a new liver but he carried on drinking just the same. Thats why he's dying now, he made his new liver fail. I know it sounds harsh but someone like this doesn't deserve it. He was so fortunate to be given that second chance. He could have died after the trouble with his first liver so he should have known this new one was precious and taken care of it.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry

^^ He's an alcoholic, he didn't stay on the wagon for long

shit. i understand what you're saying - not everyone gets to have a second chance, and to fuck it up like that... but at the same time, he must be sooo addicted if he couldn't stop even after that.

The horrible thing is they keep giving updates on the radio on his condition. I'm not a fan of George but I don't want to hear the update saying "George has just died" it's not nice. Quite morbid

Lil

Edited to say he's just died.

He was an incredibly talented footballer. He was also charismatic and funny. His most famous quote was "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered". He also said "I used to go missing a lot...Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World..." And about David Beckham "He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right."

There's a story about him being found in bed by a butler in a fancy hotel. There was champagne everywhere, £20,000 in cash scattered on the bed, and in the bed were Best and Miss World. The butler said "Oh Mr Best, where did it all go wrong...?"
    Last edited by Lil; November 25th, 2005 at 07:14 AM.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

It's just been on the radio, he died this afternoon.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I feel bad for the family but this guy burned through two livers. What a waste.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
    It is so sad to know that a football legend is going to die any minute.

They expected him to die last night but he's hanging on. I feel more sorry for his family than I do for him. It is always sad when anybody dies but this man was lucky to be given a second chance after ruining his own liver with alcohol and he just went and did the same to the new one. Somebody else could have had that liver who would have treated it better and still be alive today.

He didn't deserve his new liver and he did it all to himself. No sympathy at all.

He sure looked fine in his younger days, GORGEOUS eyes, much more attractive than sissy Beckham. They did say that he was about as popular as the Beatles in the UK but totally unprotected as far as agents, bodyguards etc. went. He was the first sports/glamour crossover idol in the UK.

But indeed> doomed from the get go, prototype of an addictive personality. What a waste.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Lil

I think it is very sad when someone self destructs like that. Michael Parkinson, on whose chat show Best made an infamous, drunken appearance, said of him "The only tragedy George Best had to confront is that he will never know how good he could have been."
    A big boy did it and ran away.

I think it's disgusting that he resumed drinking after getting a liver transplant, where there was probably some poor SOB who needed it much more, and died in the meantime.. and this retard goes and starts boozing?

Fuck him, anybody who drinks themselves into organ failure should be flatly refused a transplant. Same with people who smoke, or people who eat themselves to death.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Reminds me of the people on oxygen dying of emphysema and still smoking! There was one who lived a few blocks away who burned herself up a few years ago doing this-oxygen tanks and cigarettes do not mix! I have seen people sneaking cigarettes into people in hospitals who were on oxygen-shows the power of addiction-and of enabling.

Thread Information