Thread: Portland TrailBlazers Fans Rejoice At Draft Lottery Win

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Talking Portland TrailBlazers Fans Rejoice At Draft Lottery Win

Renewed Hope After Blazers Get No. 1
    Also on KOIN.com

Blazer Fans Rejoice At Draft Lottery Win

PORTLAND - Trail Blazer fans are rejoicing in their good luck after drawing the No. 1 draft pick.

It's been a long time since the Blazers have been No. 1 at anything, but Tuesday's announcement changed all that, giving many fans hope for the future.

Thrilled fans watched the draft live at a northeast Portland restaurant. For people who've worn the Blazer uniform in the past, it brought back great moments in team history.

"When I was here with Scottie Pippen and Steve Smith there was this kind of energy. But now you can see it's coming back. You saw it last year, the record wasn't there but the energy was there. And I think this is the result of having that positive energy," Antonio Harvey told KOIN News 6.

"I've been a Blazers fan since before I can remember and there's only been one other moment that comes close to this. But I feel like we already are No. 1, yeah, we are No. 1," an excited fan said.

Since the announcement, the Blazer Web site has taken an unprecedented number of hits. Some speculate that season tickets will soon be in short supply.
    KOIN News 6 for Local News Weather and Sports, Portland, OR; KOIN.com - Renewed Hope After Blazers Get No. 1
    5/23/2007
    wow a stroke of lucky for an unlucky much-ignored team I miss Damon Stoudemire myself!

Man they scored huge. Greg Oden whom I am sure they will pick, has bundles of ability. He's gonna be fun to watch.

^ really, but can they afford him or what? Paul Allen almost sold the team last year b/c of what it was costing him AND HE'S A BILLIONAIRE

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ really, but can they afford him or what? Paul Allen almost sold the team last year b/c of what it was costing him AND HE'S A BILLIONAIRE
    Yes, the rookie salary cap:

NBA Salary Cap FAQ

Look at numbers 41 and 42. Basically the rookie salary cap prevents rookies from holding out for higher salary and things of that nature. Last year's top pick was something like 3 million a year, definitely doable. The alternatives are really not that great if the top pick(s) don't want to sign.

awwwwwwwww thanks for the education!

And today is the day we all find out who the Blazers choose....my money is on Oden. I think the city of Portland would revolt if they choose anyone else.

yeah thats what everyone says

Woot! We've got Oden, and everyone else available Not sure what the plan is with all these extra players, but I'm sure Pritchard has some grand scheme.

oh shit!

Thread Information