Thread: Jason Kidd: my wife abused me

Default Jason Kidd: my wife abused me

Jason Kidd: "Wife Abused Me"

NBA star seeks divorce, claims to be victim of "extreme cruelty"

JANUARY 10--Basketball star Jason Kidd, who was once arrested for domestic abuse, claims that his wife has turned the tables on him, forcing the New Jersey Net yesterday to file for divorce. The 33-year point guard alleges that wife Joumana has become "increasingly controlling and manipulative" over the past few years and has kick, hit, and punched him.

According to the athlete's divorce petition, a copy of which you'll find below, Joumana's "extreme cruelty" also included throwing household objects at her husband. Kidd also alleges that she tried to monitor his whereabouts by placing tracking devices on his cars and stealing his cell phone from his locker.

The complaint was filed in Bergen County Superior Court and will likely trigger a counterclaim by Joumana, according to Raoul Lionel Felder, one of her lawyers.

In January 2001, the 6' 4" Kidd was arrested in Arizona for punching Joumana in the mouth during an argument apparently triggered by Kidd's consumption of a french fry from his young son's plate, according to a police report. Kidd later copped a plea and was ordered to attend anger management classes. In a 911 call to Paradise Valley police (which can be found here) Joumana told an operator that her husband, who then played for the Phoenix Suns, had a "bad history" of abusing her. "I told him that this would be the last time," Joumana claimed, "and he did, he popped me right in the mouth."
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...asonkidd1.html
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

He seems like an idiot, she looks like a goldigger. I wonder how much she'll get from him.

KD
    Elite Member

Seems pretty goofy to me. She's about 5'1" and 100 lbs. Although, I could see perhaps her threatening to file bogus DV charges against him. He admitted it in the past, no one would believe he didn't.

He abuses her physically (and mentally) and she abuses him physically and mentally. It's a no win situation--most especially for the 3 kids involved. Lovely.

Silver Member

Now who's he gonna blow kisses to at the foul line for good luck?

KD
    Elite Member

Excellent question, Dragon!!

Ever notice that Joumana brings TJ to all his games but never the girls? What is up with that?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by KD View Post
    Excellent question, Dragon!!

Ever notice that Joumana brings TJ to all his games but never the girls? What is up with that?
    Yeah I noticed that too. I know his son plays AAU ball or something (he even had some trouble because he copied his dad's foul line routine and it took him to long to take a foul shot lol), so maybe he's more interested whereas the girls aren't, perhaps. Maybe all three of them at a game are a handful if two of them aren't interested. But I'm curious to see if at least TJ is at the game on TNT tonight; I suspect that even Joumana won't, TJ won't wanna miss his daddy's game

Thread Information